Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XJ220
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
TrvlynAlec
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TrvlynAlec
Question Jaguar XJ220

I know that they cost $250,000... but do they still make them?
TrvlynAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:45 AM   #2
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

yes i believe they do still make them, but im not entierly sure
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:35 AM   #3
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
a rare few are made
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
ArtemisEntreriR34
AF Enthusiast

Has anyone ever seen one of these beast?

Hamann 2001 E46 M3 Laguna Seca 2
357.9 kw / 479.9 bhp @ 5400 rpm
312 kph / 193.9 mph
0-60 : 4.2 seconds
Would I kill a man for it? You know it.
ArtemisEntreriR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:46 PM   #5
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I test drove one... does that count?
They stopped production in 1998... I think.

They have spares lying around the factory. (not literally, its actually dehumidified storage)
If you want to buy a new condition one of them then you can, but I dont think they will make you a new one.
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
Sir_Lancelot
AF Newbie

Are these cars insurable in Canada?

I do know that you can get almost every exotic car on this site from this dealer in Germany: www.auto-salon-singen.de. The have new and almost new XJ220's, McLaren, Zonda, EB110,16/4 Veyrons. I'd like to know if one was to purchase a car of this sort, can one get insurance and drive it in Canada? If so who would insure them?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:27 AM   #7
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
yea the auto salon singen is in my opinion the best and biggest independent car dealer in europe maybe worldwide.

i will make a trip there this summer and take some pics

sir_lancelot you live in canada?

why don´t you ask some insurances? it´s only 1 phone call away.
i don´t know another supercar owner here in the Af-forums that lives in canada. otherwise i could have told you his name and you could have pm´d him.

but sorry don´t know anybody
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:37 AM   #8
Sir_Lancelot
AF Newbie

Thanks again,
I have contacted a number of insurance companies but they have no listings for these in their books. I have contacted the Lamborghini dealership and I await for their reply. I went to the Jaguar dealership here in town and the Manager told me that the XJ220 wasn't road legal in Canada because it was too wide and didn't meet emissions, but then again the Lotus dealership said the same sort of things about the new Esprits...but a different dealership in British Columbia told me that the dealer in Toronto was full of shit.. So I guess I am just running in circles until the lambo dealer gets back to me..

Thanks a bunch and cheers
Old 03-28-2003, 06:37 AM   #9
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

if you want a RED XJ220, then look in France, silver are easy to find.
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:31 AM   #10
Hudson
Old Mod

Re: Are these cars insurable in Canada?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Lancelot
I do know that you can get almost every exotic car on this site from this dealer in Germany: www.auto-salon-singen.de. The have new and almost new XJ220's, McLaren, Zonda, EB110,16/4 Veyrons. I'd like to know if one was to purchase a car of this sort, can one get insurance and drive it in Canada? If so who would insure them?
I think "they have" when referring to physically having the vehicles is an error. They might have an XJ220 or EB110 since they were built a few years back, although having more than one of either might be a problem since so few were built. The Bugatti 16/4 Veyron, I am positive, cannot be found at this dealership. The Veyron will go into production later this year, but I'm sure they won't be sold like Hondas ("all models, all colors, immediate delivery"); you'll most likely have to order yours and it'll be built to your specs.

As for buying an XJ220 or Esprit, I don't know about Canada but in the US they can be purchased. The Esprit, until recently, was sold by factory authorized dealers in the US and will not be imported in the future because of emissions regulations. The XJ220 can be converted (under loopholes in the US regulations), but the factory has not built them to US specs. I assume these are the same problems a Canadian would have in acquiring these cars. Width of the car is not a problem since neither is excessively wide.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #11
Sir_Lancelot
AF Newbie

Thank you for the reply. Any and all information is receive is greatly appreciated. I spoke this morning to the jaguar dealership of the XJ220 and there is one here outside Toronto but is for "Show and Display" only. He did say that it could also be driven for track use. What is the point?

My friend told me of the auto salon dealership in Germany so I had a peek at their site. This where I got the names of auto's from. My mistake, I thought that these were all in stock, very impressive to say the least.

Thank you once again,
JV
Old 03-28-2003, 08:44 AM   #12
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
Re: Re: Are these cars insurable in Canada?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hudson

I think "they have" when referring to physically having the vehicles is an error. They might have an XJ220 or EB110 since they were built a few years back, although having more than one of either might be a problem since so few were built. The Bugatti 16/4 Veyron, I am positive, cannot be found at this dealership. The Veyron will go into production later this year, but I'm sure they won't be sold like Hondas ("all models, all colors, immediate delivery"); you'll most likely have to order yours and it'll be built to your specs.

let me correct you

cars like the bugatti 16/4 they don´t have of course but they have contracts to get them for the next years... same as the enzo...
maybe they have 1 or 2 xj220 in their showroom but have more for sale.
they know people who own supercars and want to sell them and sell them for these guys.
that´s the way they operate.
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XJ220