Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
jamesmetairie
AF Enthusiast

Re: any problems with police (the real ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjs3589
It is the truth, they called his dad and told him but he did not get a ticket, the cop even showed him the radar
and elephants fly.
jamesmetairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #17
5.56x45mm
AF Newbie

Elephants do fly; quickly and efficiently.
5.56x45mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
~Blaze~
AF Newbie

I have definitly had a run of good luck since I started driving mine. I have hit the brakes many times and had the cop just wave...once I had a couple of state guys come up from behind and smile and act like they were going to race me....I didn't know if they were friendlies or not though, so I just smiled and blushed
Old 07-31-2006, 11:47 PM   #19
Jexx
AF Newbie

A few cops wave (mostly motorcycle cops) and on the freeway, people generally drive better around me. My car is dark green ( I used to have a white one with a pushbar) and I still have people slowing down and putting on their seatbelts (plus I have the '03 model with the newer wheels). It's a great car that really shouldn't be thrown out of anyone's list of options just because of the way it is perceived by others, really. One of the few cars left that utilizes a frame instead of a unibody-type design and the rear-wheel drive is wonderful.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
Bo1118
AF Newbie

I'v been driving mine for 1.5 years now, dark blue with the black rims, pushbar, 4 antennas on back trunk lid, strobes, wig-wags, led's in front windshield, arrowstick in back, led's on side of pushbar.... I do speed (not excessivly) and i havent had any trouble with the city,county or state... some of the detectives that see me regularly have quit waving,

I'v read Georgia state laws on lights,, from what i understand you can't get in trouble for having the lights, as long as you dont run up and down the highway with your strobes on and you'll be ok.
Bo1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #21
TXFIVE-O
AF Newbie

I am a police officer in texas and old police cars are the car of choice for alot of thugs around my city. If i see a police car with no markings and no exempt tags then I find a reason to stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetal
I have the same reaction from cops/troopers. Except I don't have a death wish by going 95-100!! What if Grandma pulls out in front of you in her '72 Nova going 50?? That would be ugly.

I find going 85 in 75 zone on our Turnpikes here in OK to be fast enough for me
TXFIVE-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #22
Stale Trooper
AF Regular

My solid white '99 CVPI is currently completely unmarked; no lights, no spotlights, no nothing. It does have the "Police Interceptor" badge on the rear, but that's all.

I built a phony arrowstick as part of my conversion, with red/blue's under it. I drove the car in a larger city, and you'd not believe the effect it had on traffiic!

I checked with the Kansas Highway Patrol, and was told that so long as I don't have funtional red or flashing lights mounted facing forward, and I don't place the words "STATE TROOPER" (hence my 'Handle') or "HIGHWAY PATROL" on a facimilie of their official door badge (OK with a mis-spelled or similar substitue word, and something different than the official state seal ), I will not be in violation of any local or State laws. I did explain that this was going to be a daily driver and weekend show car, and they seemed to not have any problem with it.

I have also been given surplus equipment by assorted agencies for this project. Most of it is non-functional, which suits me, but the siren I have is completely operable (needless to say, it won't be functional after installation).

I have a friend who had done several other CVPI's in a similar fashion, and didn't have any trouble either, of course, he drove like a sensible person.

Now, that said, If one is stupid enough to speed, or think he/she is invincable or invisible to LEO's just because he/she is driving a CVPI deserves a ticket just the same as if he/she was driving a '07 Mini-Van at the same speed!

It's White, with a black grille, a spotlight, and the butt is black. Need a picture? Thought not
Stale Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
97cv
AF Newbie

a few sheriffs said I had a "nice car"
A few poeple will not pass me
A lot of people will move over when I am behind them.
And everyone asks if it has either the non-exsistent cop chip or how many people have I pulled over....they all wanna know how fast is it and where'd I get it

thought my avatar was 2 small to see well

97cv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #24
Stale Trooper
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetal
I have the same reaction from cops/troopers. Except I don't have a death wish by going 95-100!! What if Grandma pulls out in front of you in her '72 Nova going 50?? That would be ugly.

I find going 85 in 75 zone on our Turnpikes here in OK to be fast enough for me
Going 75 on an OK Turnpike is like driving a Corvair! They're unsafe at any speed!! Take care Sweetal !!

It's White, with a black grille, a spotlight, and the butt is black. Need a picture? Thought not
Stale Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #25
pollenjesus
AF Regular

I have been driving a 2003 P71 for almost 3 years. I bought it in Sept 2004. I have a few stories to tell about the police, and the public.

I have been pulled over twice by the police. The first time I was pulled over by the provincial police. I was not speeding or doing anything to attract attention to myself. I was just driving to school. The officer who pulled me over asked me if I was a police officer. ( I'm 30yrs, 6'0 and weigh a muscular 205 lbs and was wearing a dark shirt-colour of police uniform). I said no...and then he asked me why I was driving around in a car that looked like a police car. He proceeded to threaten me that if I had any red flashing lights on the front of my car that he would arrest me.(technically he can't because it's not an arestable offense in Ontario). I said no and he took a good look at the front of my car to check. The officer came back to the window and told me that I had better tone down the car.

The second time I was pulled over it was by my local regional police for speeding. Which technically I was. Anyway... I was driving along a long country road when I came up to an intersection and had to stop. A police cruiser also had to stop at the intersection and almost didn't stop. He stopped and let me proceed and then promptly came up behind me to run my plates. After a minute or so he backed off and tried to pace me(use his spedo to tell how fast I'm going by keeping a constant distance). We drove for miles and miles with him pacing me doing around 90km/h in an 80km/h zone. Hek...that's pretty slow considering most people drive 100-120 km/h.
So I'm driving along and we come to another intersection. So now there is a car in front of me that is probably freaked because it looks like 2 police cruisers. The other driver doesn't go a smigen over the posted speed limit, and we all drive for miles and miles. I figure I should pass. So I wait for a nice stretch and put the hammer down to about 95 km/h and pass. Bad move...mr police man followed my pass and pulled me right over. I think he was just jealous that my car was nicer and faster than his. $75 speeding ticket.

I get mixed reviews from the public. It depends on where I am. There are someplaces around that despise the police...and so I get the finger. There are places where I get waved at by people on the street, or by other drivers...heck even other officers. I get people who drive extra careful, and then I get those who will do the most stupid things like race by me, or tailgate me really bad. I even had some young guys smoke a joint right in front of me in their car at an intersection when they saw I was not a police officer (to which I promptly called 911).

Latley I have modified my car so that it doesn't look as much like or sound like a police cruiser. The car is a lot of fun, and a pleasure to drive. I just wish that some people would not act like total idiots when they see me.
pollenjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #26
TVCustoms
AF Newbie

i definately agree with you on other drivers not pulling crazy stuff around me in my car(99 P71, white, dual spots). I drive a DHL van all day and its amazing what people will do just to get around me even when im speeding!
TVCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #27
TVCustoms
AF Newbie

what do you mean you modified it to tone it down? you didnt put a pinsripe on it, did you?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #28
TVCustoms
AF Newbie

every county sherrif waves at me (mine is 99 white, dual spots), state police in MI are not so nice, i look at them but they dont look at me, plus they drive blue ones, not white like the counties
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #29
pollenjesus
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCustoms
what do you mean you modified it to tone it down? you didnt put a pinsripe on it, did you?
I haved changed the paint scheme on the car. The car was a fully marked provincial police car, and when I bought it was stripped of it's markings. It's all white. An all white car is exactly what the provincial police use for unmarked cars. So it went from looking like a police car, to still looking like a police car when I bought it...lol

I have painted the door mouldings black, the door pillar black, pinsptiped the bumper covers and hood. So physically I would say I have modified the car. It looks better than the police cruisers, and it's got a wicked exhaust system so it totally doesn't sound like a police cruiser.

I need to find some pictures of the changes I have done. Homework for me.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #30
pollenjesus
AF Regular

My girlfriend just reminded me of an adventure where the police actually thought I was the police.

I was driving home from school along a route that I always take and a police paddy wagon(prisoner transfer van) pulls up behind me. The wagon came up on me and then wanted to play bumper tag with me. I mean the paddy wagon was practically hitched to my back bumper. I drove slower to let them pass, and they would slow down. So I would drive faster and so they would drive faster. I eventyally had to pull over to let them pass, cause they were being really stupid..... I would consider it a bad experience with the police.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria