Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
gswordsman
AF Newbie

Walmart Messed Up My Car

I have a Buick 1998, today I went to Walmart to change oil, that was an hour wait, after that I went home, after I left and started driving for 5 minutes, the front engine of my car started shaking, what's worst was when I hit the gas, the car would go at a slow speed, usually when I hit the gas at that level it would go for 35 mph now it goes for 15 mph, I hear all the clicking noise my front engine was making then I head back to walmart at slow speed and talk to the guy that changed my oil, he then get the supervisor and he check the car and told me that my car is overheat and my tube has no water and stuff but my thermostat states it is below neutral then the assistant manager came and told me my car is overheat and i need to wait a couple of hours before driving it hopefully it will work normal again, then I left my car at the walmart parking lot and head for my friend's house for a couple hours then I came back for my car, hell when I start the engine the clicking noise started and when I hit the gas real hard the clicking noise gets worse and the speed was only about 40 mph as suppose to at least 60 mph if I hit the gas at that level when the car was normal, so I suspect those workers at walmart messed up my car during oil change and they say they touched nothing except draining the oil and filling new oil in there. I never had any problems with my car but after my oil change at walmart the problem begins, I need help guys.
gswordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Walmart Messed Up My Car

This is why you never take your car to Wal-Mart. There is no excuse, changing your oil is so easy, anyone can do it.

All you're left with now is to take the car to a dealer or trusted mechanic. You won't get anything from Wal-Mart though.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

Dude, they not only messed up your car, they also stole all your full stops!

If you could construct some proper sentences, and clearly explain what has happened, we might be able to offer some advice.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #4
gswordsman
AF Newbie

i think i found out what's wrong. the clicking sound of my car seems to be gone when i reach about 45 mph.
http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troub...a011902a_4.htm

Engine makes a ticking noise:
As soon as you start the engine, you hear a ticking noise from the engine. It sounds like a loud clock. The speed of the noise increases with an increase in engine speed. In fact, when you reach a particular speed, the noise is occurring so fast it seems that it is gone.
Possible causes:
  1. The valves in your engine need to be adjusted: Adjust valves or replace hydraulic lifters as required.
  2. There is a lot of sludge in your engine that is stopping oil from circulating properly: Flush engine and replace oil and oil filter.
  3. The engine's valve lifters are collapsed: Replace valve lifters.
  4. One or more of the engine's valves are stuck: Remove valves and repair or replace valve guides and/or valves as required.
so how much do u think it cost to fix?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

It's possible the fresh oil knocked some sludge loose inside the engine which is now gumming up a hydraulic lifter.
This is a risk if the car has been neglected and has missed a few oil changes in the past. Likely it was not Walmarts fault.
The problem may resolve itself as the detergents in the fresh oil continue to dissolve the sludge.
A decent engine flush and another oil change may speed up this process.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
gswordsman
AF Newbie

ok, after checking with my obd, i got code P0305
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...e-detected.php
Can someone tell me what to do? Replace plugs? Get Sparkplugs for cylinder 5?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #7
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

This code may be left over from an old problem and not related to the current issue.

To be sure, disconnect the battery negative cable of your car overnight to clear all codes from the computer. Then hook the neg cable up again in the morning and drive it around for a while. Scan for codes and see if its still there.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
uwdtbuds
AF Newbie

lol walmart will messup your life buy american
uwdtbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
gswordsman
AF Newbie

I'll have my car checked tomorrow, does autozone provide free engine analysis?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
bobss396
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bobss396

I bet they ran it without any oil in it, realized WTF happened and filled it up. I've seen it happen in good shops before. They should make good on any repairs, but getting them to do it and proving they were to blame is another story.

I'd be interested in what the oil looks like now. Also would like to have the oil filter cut in half to see what's inside.

Bob
bobss396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

I agree, i suspect they must have ran your car without any oil, for whatever reason.

Something to consider...

If the motor has a lot of internal wear it could be sensitive to what brand of filter and oil that is used (and the viscosity). I have a 1993 Buick Park Avenue with 280K + miles, if i use cheap oil and filter the motor responds with noise.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
gswordsman
AF Newbie

i think i am in the same boat as this guy
so if they really ran my car without oil, i'll sue their ass, but how am i gonna get any proof, i'll go to autozone tomorrow and have them check my car perhaps they can tell me what's wrong and if it is anything related to the oil change or whatever work related to walmart i'll give em hell.
see, the thing is, prior to oil change i ask the guy that change the oil a lot of questions like how do i change my oil by myself, he probably think i'm annoying so he did something to my car.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #13
gswordsman
AF Newbie

So I went to the mechanic today and he told me one of the main cause of it was running my engine without oil or rarely coincidence, well the assistant manager at Walmart told me it was overheating but it apparently wasn't as the mechanic have described. So today I go back to Walmart and asking for the main manager and he's not here so that assistant manager came and talk to me with his eyes rolling before he even gets to talk to me and I said they messed up my car and you need to pay the the cost of fixing it. And I explained to him what the mechanic have told me that they possibly ran my car without any oil in it and the assistant manager still said my car is overheat and when I referred to the mechanic about them running my car without oil and the assistant manager asked me if I'm a mechanic as he trying to leave as I talk to him and so I tell him I'll get a lawyer and he said: "What's that?" and I repeat and he said:" Go get yourself a lawyer then." and he left with a very bad attitude.
If the mechanic found out what went wrong with my car and if it's related to Walmart, I'll get a lawyer and sue Walmart.
By the way, that assistant manager should be terminated for giving bad customer service and being disrespectful and rude.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie

When you sue them, remember to ask for your "." back as part of the settlement.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #15
gswordsman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
When you sue them, remember to ask for your "." back as part of the settlement.
What's that mean?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical