Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #1
blazed_racer
AF Newbie

Help: newbie Advice: Avex Dome MUGEN NSX

hey all...

i recently got hold of a Tamiya Avex Dome Mugen NSX kitset.

my last completed model was attempted around 4-5 years ago. all my old paints etc have all dried up!!!!

anyways.... i had a look around at other threads with this model completed, daym.. i didnt realised i brought a model with such detail.... but im up for the challenge,

im wondering, im about to go get me a new set of paints, with this model, does the shell, which is currently white, do you paint it blue?! or leave it white,

it looks like the decals cover the shell? does it?

sorry about the noobish questions, i just dont wanna stuff this up, wanna make a good replica of the NSX racecar.

cheers

ant.
blazed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Re: Help: newbie Advice: Avex Dome MUGEN NSX

Tamiya instructions are usually pretty good. It will tell you what you need to do, though you may have to hunt it up. They're complete, but not always in the most intuitive order or don't explain things very directly, especially when it comes to painting. I am unfamiliar with this particular car, so I can't tell you what to do. You'll have to paint it some color, wether it's white or blue, because decals don't stick well to bare plastic. Tamiya does things different ways every time, so you may paint it white and use the blue decals, or mask it and paint the blue parts, or even a combination of the two. Just read, and reread the instructions carefully. It's in there. Hopefully someone can come along and help you better than I.

Also, this should be in the main "Car Modeling" section, when you get started you can show us what you're doing here. I can't wait to see it.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
mbwoods
AF Regular

here is a pic to show what it look like:

according to the instructions, the body is painted mostly white with blue for light surround and rear boot lid, also blue for separate front and rear bumpers and spoiler
mbwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Myx_85
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Myx_85

This is my NSX "before decallig" pics:
Just the Trunk, rear wing, front lights, air intake scoop, rear bumper and the front bumper is painted in blue, other parts are white, coz the decals is cover the whole other areas...

Old 04-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
blazed_racer
AF Newbie

hey guys,

thanks for the replies... sorry that i posted this up in the wrong forum,

i forgot to state, that my kitset didnt come with the instructions, ***just to make it that much harder for me.. i brought it cheap off an online auction...

anyways, what shade of blue is best to use to match up with the decals?

MBWOODS: wow, your model looks intense, top work, did you clear coat your decals and buff to get it that polish/shinny?

ill get some more gear sorted, make up a paint booth and ill get it started, progress pics will be on here soonish,.

thanks guys,

ant.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #6
preludedave
AF Newbie

The guy above is correct. front clip, rear deck lid, spoiler and rear bumper are blue everything else is white. The nice thing of model is that blue of spary matches exactly with blue in bottle for brush painting so in some cases you can get away with touch up by brush if decals dont completely cover area intended. The decals in this kit were a pain in the ass! I just completed the mercedes clk team origianl teile which has even more decals and it went beautifully. I dont think when this model came out they were using cartograph for decals yet. So my advice!!!! But lots of decal set and decal solution for use as the decals tore constantly.
preludedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #7
blazed_racer
AF Newbie

thanks man, ill see if i can get another decal set....

ps/ if mods want to move this to the main "car modeling" forum", please do so, i didnt actually realise it was there till today *sorry*

ant.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street