Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
trock18
AF Newbie

Air bag light

HI guys what's going on I really need help on turning off or reseting my air bag light on my 09 avenger that displays on the dash.I don't know what could it be I was thinking a sensor but I don't know we're they are located and also I don't know what caused it to turn on.It sometimes turns off but when I turn it keeps coming back
trock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
Scotty89
AF Regular

Re: Air bag light

When the airbag lights comes on, try to use your horn. Sounds like it is the clockspring. I have seen this several times in different vehicles. The clockspring has several small wires that are wound around and around and they flex every time you turn the wheel. They tend to break over time just from the moment. They usually have the wires for the airbag, the horn and depending on the cruise switch location has the wires for it too. From you saying it comes on when turning that would be my first guess. I would say if you had the codes checked it would say something about Drivers Squib 1 or 2 circuit open.
Scotty89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Avenger