Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
wryx10
AF Newbie

Something Simple (I hope)

... other than me, anyway.

We picked up a cheap 95 3800 trans sport almost 2 years ago - from the start we could tell that it hadn't really been taken care of at all - the fuel filter looked like it had never been changed, and who knows the last time it had an oil change... anyway, we've had problems on and off, all the usual ones you see here:

Engine revs to around 3000rpm when stopping
The weird shuddering that occurs around 40-50 mph
Engine cuts out in idle occasionally
Door rods have bent over time*

So, we're getting a new vehicle in a couple of months. The list of problems we have with this van is too big to justify pouring cash into trying to diagnose and fix everything - I'm pretty sure it was on its way out when we got it, so I'm super happy it's lasted this long.

I figure though that I can get a smoother ride at least part of the time for now if I can disable the TCC. I've taken a look at it and I can't really tell how to disassemble it so that I can remove the D wire, so if anybody can give me some advice on that I'd be eternally grateful.

The point I have gotten to is decoupling the grey plastic clips at the back of the TCC, and at that point I don't really know what to do. The plastic feels so brittle I'm worried I'll end up forcing something that doesn't need to be forced and I'll snap something.

Any pointers?

* I fixed the door rods in a pretty ghetto way but it seems to have worked - I had to drill through the rods at the bottom, and then used cotter pins which seems to have kept the rods in place. On the driver side door the weld for the rotating part of the mechanism had broken, so I ended up doing something similar by drilling through and using washers and cotter pins to keep it in place.
wryx10 is offline   Reply With Quote