Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
bolst
AF Newbie

2012 ford Focus SE - No Reverse Then Starts working

I have a 2012 Focus SE Hatchback. Son was driving car in town getting ready to pull into parking lot. Engine Light came on and Car stalled. He restarted it after 3 attempts, car would run forward (1st Gear) would not shift. Got to parking lot and couldn't get it in Reverse. (slight Rain this day). After working car, able to drive home 10 miles (15 MPH) is what appeared to be 1st possibly 2nd Gear. wouldn't shift. When I got home 2 days later, i purchased a reader. Received two Codes P087A and P0287A. Clutch "B" engaged

I was unable to get it into Reverse - Just Rev'd. Would go into 1st. Saw a post to clean Ground wire to Frame. I did that, no luck. Have apt for next Friday with Ford Dealer. Took 2 weeks to get one.

Today - One week after sitting in Garage - I started Car on first try, Put in Reverse and Vehicle moved. Turned it off tried it hour later same, started normal, Drove it 20 minutes with no issues. Engine light still on as is Gas light with 110 miles ToE. Checked codes and they are the same. Any thoughts. I still have my apt for Friday. I will drive this week to see if similar thing happens. I have not cleared the codes yet. I plan to talk to Ford Service tomorrow.

Thanks
bolst is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max