Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 11:44 AM   #1
stevenleevo
AF Newbie

Question Sienna Remote Programing

:argue: :finger4: Any one know how to program remote for toyota Sienna ? Please help...we just got a replacement remote but have no idea how to program it.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:51 PM   #2
Big Yellow Monkey
AF Newbie

Yup. I posted these instructions a little while back. Hope they help ya!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...61&postcount=4

-Biggie!
Big Yellow Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
caproms1
AF Newbie

Re: Sienna Remote Programing

I just bought a used 2002 Sienna XLE and it did not come with a remote. It has two rear power doors, but on all the remotes I've seen so far, there is only one button for the power door. Is that the remote I should buy? Anyone know?
thanks,
-Mike
caproms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
nuclearjack
AF Newbie

button on back??

Are you only looking at these remote? as in on the web or are you holding them? my dad has a 2001 Sienna XLE and on the front are the three buttons and on the back is a sunken button that controls the drivers side power door. no Idea why that did it that way.
nuclearjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Big Yellow Monkey
AF Newbie

I'm holding the remote in my hand, and it has 2 buttons on the front (lock and unlock), and a sunken red "panic" button on the back. I don't have power sliding doors, as I only have a CE. It's a 2003 Sienna CE. Those are the remotes for which the code works. To double-check, it's only guaranteed to work for remotes with the following FCC code on the back:
FCC ID=CO43VT14T

Hope this helps...
And if you need a programming code, do what I did - find some remotes for sale on ebay for your specific vehicle, that come with programming instructions. I paid $8 US+$7 US shipping for a PAIR of remotes with programming instructions. The Toyota dealership we bought the van from wanted about $230 CDN PER REMOTE, after programming fees. Just a slight difference.
Or find a friend who works at a Toyota dealership. Or just say your remote stopped working so you need to get it "re-"programmed.

-Biggie!
Big Yellow Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:32 AM   #6
nuclearjack
AF Newbie

the power door remote

sorry for the confusion I was talking about the power door remotes they have the second power door button on the back/
nuclearjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 AM   #7
cockeyedgull
AF Newbie

instructions

I've got a 2001 LE and had no sucess with the instructions kindly shared by big yellow. I don't have a power sliding door. When I got the remote from e-bay the sellor sent the same instuctions big yellow posted, word for word. I have yet to hear anyone having sucess with these instructions.

Could there be something missing, or are they only for the CE. I wonder if when Big yellow got them from e-bay if they asked whether he drove a CE or an LE. And someone on another board, where these exact instructions are also circulating, mentioned that something might need to be grounded when programming certain models. Any more info anyone can share would be appreciated.

-Mark
cockeyedgull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:22 AM   #8
spotco2
Banned

The RS3200 was not used after about 97.

Here is a link to the correct programming procedure
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7919451481
spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
Felliott
AF Newbie

Sienna Remote Instructions

I just received good instructions for programming a remote on my 2004 Sienna. These look pretty authentic, like they came out of a Toyota service manual. Still, I had to modify one step to get them to work. I bought two transmiiters on Ebay, and only one set of instructions really seemed to work.

If you want to see these instructions, email to me with Sienna in the subject, and I will send you a PDF file. If you know how to post a PDF on the web, please let me know, as I don't know if I will get inundated with requests.

Good luck.
Felliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:44 AM   #10
Felliott
AF Newbie

Sienna PDF

You can email me direct at FEnext1@aol.com.
Felliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:33 PM   #11
Latif
AF Newbie

Hi All,

I have 1998/LE Sienna that I have just purchased a remote on eBay.Remote ID is GQ43VT7T,1470.K1361 .I needed programming instructions. I have found some instructions on different Toyota models and years but they don't help me to work for 1998 Sienna/LE. Is any one would help me please? I’ll be thanking this act of kindness.

Latif
Latif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #12
Jonathan Isenberg
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Sienna Remote Programing

I struggled with programming my 98 toyota sienna keyless entry remote and finally got it. I bought a keyless entry on ebay and they sent instructions I have at home. It involved finding the right module in the center console underneath the radio and using a jumper wire to ground the right pin. If you are still looking for these directions, email me at jonathan@foxisland.org and I'll give them to you or post them.

Jonathan
Jonathan Isenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #13
Jonathan Isenberg
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Sienna Remote Programing

Alright, here are the details I purchased for programming the remote for a 98 Toyota Sienna (remote has 3 buttons lock, unlock, panic):
1. With they key out of the ignition switch, locate the Wireless Door Lock ECU. The WDL ECU is located in the center console. You have to remove the drawer that is at the base (has slots to store CD's and other stuff) below the radio, lighter/12v outlets, and ashtray. The drawer comes out without any screws (on mine anyway) by pushing and pulling in the right places. There should be 3 units with connectors/wires plainly visible, the WDL ECU is the upper right one. (I have pictures I took of mine I can email you if you email me at jonathan@foxisland.org) The WDL ECU should have 15 pins/spaces for wires to plug into it.
2. With the ECU still connected, locate terminal number 9, PRG (will be empty-no wires going into it) and terminal 1, GND (black-white wire going into it). On mine, terminal 1 was the lower left corner, while terminal 9 was 2nd from the upper left. The directions say that you should see wires going into the back of cavities 1,4,5,6,10,11,14,& 15. Positions 2,3,6,7,9,12,& 13 are empty (although I remember that on mine there was one difference from that.).
3. Using a small wire (we'll call it a "jumper wire"), insert one end to terminal #1 and insert the other end through the empty terminal #9 cavity to touch the PRG pin of the ECU. The vehicle confirms programming mode by automatically requesting the power door locks to lock. Leave the wire connected for the rest of the procedure. Now, I couldn't get another wire in beside the ground wire in terminal #1. So I got a long wire and connected it straight to the negative terminal on the battery to act as a ground instead and connected that straight to pin/cavity #9. That worked for me.
4. Depress, then release, any button on the remote. The vehicle confirms registration by requesting the power door locks to lock once again.
5. To program an additional remote, repeat step 4 (up to 2 remotes).
6. Disconnect the jumper wire to exit programming mode.
That worked for me, you can email me if you have any problems, but that worked for me.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #14
Jonathan Isenberg
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sienna Remote Programing

Ahh, I was just re-reading my directions and noticed a mistake (hopefully it would have been pretty easy to figure out anyway), the Wireless Door Lock ECU is the unit on the upper left, not right as I stated in step 1. Sorry about that!
Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #15
clane5
AF Newbie

Talking Sienna Remote Programing

Using Jons instructions and pics I was able to locate the correct module for my 1999 Sienna, however it is different than the 98 and here are the steps I had to do. It took me some trial and error and expirementing to get it right, so hope fully this will save someone some headachs. I know it works on a 1999 Sienna, but it should work up to the 2003's. BTW thanks a bunch Jon!

Step 1: With they key out of the ignition switch and drivers door open and unlocked, locate the Door Receiver Control. The Door Receiver Control is located in the center console. You have to remove the drawer that is at the base (has slots to store CD's and other stuff) below the radio, lighter/12v outlets, and ashtray. The drawer comes out without any screws (on mine anyway) by pushing and pulling in the right places. There should be 3 units with connectors/wires visible; the Door Receiver Control is the upper left one. The Door Receiver Control should have a 7 pin/space for wires to plug into it.

Step 2: With the Door Receiver Control still connected, locate terminal number 3, PRG (will be empty-no wires going into it) and terminal 1, GND (black-white wire going into it). On mine, terminal 1 was the far left as you look at the unit and terminal 3 was 3rd from the far left. Using a small wire (we'll call it a "jumper wire"), insert one end to terminal #1 and insert the other end through the empty terminal #3 cavity to touch the PRG pin of the Door Receiver Control. When you make a successful connection the door locks cycle, confirming that you have entered into programming mode. Leave the wire connected for the rest of the procedure. I used a 14 gauge wire and it fit snuggly into terminal 3 and snuggly in the notch next to terminal 1.

Step 3: Depress both lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for approximately 1 second and release

Step 4: Immediately after that depress the lock button on the remote for approximately 2 seconds and release. The door locks should cycle once to confirm that the remote has been successfully programmed.

Do Steps 3 & 4 for all remotes.

Step 4: Remove jumper from Door Receiver Control and the locks will cycle. Test all remotes, if everything is working properly, put your draw back together and you have save yourself a trip to the dealer and $40 - $100 in labor charges to program your remotes.
clane5 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna