Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 406
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #1
kc101nivek
AF Newbie

peugeot 406 speedo/revs erratic

Hi all
(be gentle i dont know much about cars)

i have a peugeot 406 1996 1.8 lx(the one with the factory immobiliser),any way a couple of issues....

1. the speedo and the rev counter can be erratic and at times dont work at all,they sometimes shoot up and down to.

i have changed the instrument unit and it is vrtually the same..any ideas...i dont think my model has the box behind the glove compartment.

2.Also my engine has become very noisy due to worn 'lifters' but the cost for a full set and fitting outweighs the value of the car,someone has sugested putting in 10w 40 mineral oil which will quieten it apparently(using 10w 40 semi synthetic at the moment) or take rocker cover off and putting STP(is that right) on the lifters which should stick to them and quieten the engine.

any help much appreciated

Kevin
kc101nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
slave
BANNED

Re: peugeot 406 speedo/revs erratic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc101nivek View Post
Hi all
(be gentle i dont know much about cars)

i have a peugeot 406 1996 1.8 lx(the one with the factory immobiliser),any way a couple of issues....

1. the speedo and the rev counter can be erratic and at times dont work at all,they sometimes shoot up and down to.

i have changed the instrument unit and it is vrtually the same..any ideas...i dont think my model has the box behind the glove compartment.

2.Also my engine has become very noisy due to worn 'lifters' but the cost for a full set and fitting outweighs the value of the car,someone has sugested putting in 10w 40 mineral oil which will quieten it apparently(using 10w 40 semi synthetic at the moment) or take rocker cover off and putting STP(is that right) on the lifters which should stick to them and quieten the engine.

any help much appreciated

Kevin
I THINK it's called the speed controller. Pull him out, open it up, re-solder the connections, unless you can SEE a dry joint do them all. I did, fixed my issues.

My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry.
slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
benlinus48
AF Newbie

Re: peugeot 406 speedo/revs erratic

I have the same issue from a long time.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 406