Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
bloodyprice
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bloodyprice
1989 Prelude si swap

i have just recently bought a 89 prelude si, and wanted to use it strictly as a racer. but has the stock B20A5, and i cant find many parts for this motor, though i like the B series motors alot, im wondering if anyone has tried an H22 swap or anything of the type?

and if theres somewere to buy parts for this B20?

im fairly new to hondas so bare with me on this.

p.s. i dont mind the effort to swap the motor i just wanna know if im goin to have to replace the whole driveline and transmission also. im not real into custom fab suspension and chassis parts.
bloodyprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
91_prelude_B20A5
AF Newbie

Re: 1989 Prelude si swap

the engine you have is a good engine its what i have you can find parts for it a good place to look is ebay and you can turbo it with no problem because its a low compression motor for turbo you will most likely not find a b20 turbo manifold but as far as i know you can use any b series manifold and it will bolt right up. also if you want you can do an h22 swap but you will need a h22 transmission and ecu they bolt right in though you just need the motor mounts for an h22. it anly involves small wiring mods after that no suspention changes. i have friends that have done h22 swaps in the preludes and they say its fairly easy you just got to monouver the engine perfect to get it in its a very tight fit in that engine compartment but it does fit and bolt right in. but this also means there is no room for turbo enless maybe you can find a design of a turbo manifold that will somehow put the turbo in the right spot to fit.
91_prelude_B20A5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
allmountainmt
AF Newbie

Don't the H22's have 190 hp? that's a damn good start! I have an '88 Si that i want to swap a B18c5 into but the H22 is an excellent option, turbo or not.
allmountainmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
H23A1Lude
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to H23A1Lude Send a message via Yahoo to H23A1Lude

Go JDM. JDM H22A has 220HP and 160 TQ. My friend has it in his heavy ass Accord and it's fast as shit.

Me: Get new U-Joints, then your Ford won't suck as bad.
Him: Do I need o-rings?
Me: No you idiot.
Him: Sorry, I've never replaced an O-Joint before
Me: FAIL
H23A1Lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
grandgt01
AF Newbie

no b-series turbo will "bolt right up" without modifications....if you do a h22 swap you will require a custom wire harness(can do it yourself),special axles(available),custom motor mounts(available),h22 transmission of course and the shift linkages/cables need modified. its not a job for the beginner i will tell ya that much. a b20a(jdm) or b20a5(usdm) will do just fine with a turbo setup,they are reliable and you can boost up to 400hp on a b20a/a5 block.
grandgt01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude