Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
nitetrain2001
AF Newbie

01 ram 1500 popping after shocks install

appreciate all the posts and responses. wish i would have found this a long time ago. unfornately i work on the road so repairs at NTB was neccesary. after the initial install of alignment,front brake pads, front rotors, flush/bleed, front monroe reflex and rear sens trac adjusting shocks. after leaving shop started hearing popping when speeds of 5mph to 15mph. was reached. also I can feel it in the floorboard. put the truck in reverse over speed bumps and still popping. less agressive from the rear. at this time that was reflex all around, just changed to the adjusting in the rear so will see tom. if still popping from the rear. but the mechanic said checked everthing and everything seemed to be tight. his excuse was since orignal shocks were bad, replacing with new shocks will expose new noises. but this is the same mechanic who did the front end allignment and i had to have a second mech. do it all over again. any opionion would be much apperciated
nitetrain2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
dadof4s
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dadof4s Send a message via Yahoo to dadof4s
Re: 01 ram 1500 popping after shocks install

Why would you go back to a machenic that has already fouled up 1 job for you
dadof4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
nitetrain2001
AF Newbie

nice response but if you must know you can read the post again.. i travel on the road easier to drop off at a shop near the hotel. also if they didnt do it right the first time, alignment and wrong shocks. by god, i will be dam they better do it right till it is fixed. free of charge. common sense.
anyways i sat up all night reading these posts till page 71, looks like a lot of problems with tranny, luckly mine has been good except governor sensor, without that thing, just terrible shifting from first to second. got some good feedback on exhuast. and answered my questions on the ruff idle. you guys got a good system going on here.
regarding my orignal post. it still has the popping. i figured they would have done all the required lubrication and checked the ball joints and u joints. anybody have any idea what i can check for.
nitetrain2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
marcbell
AF Newbie

you need to add traction bar in the back
marcbell is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10