Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
AF News Desk
Your Source For Auto News

Post Ferrari To Develop Their First Super Hybrid

The prancing stallion may be shedding a little fat to become a more efficient machine, according to rumors that the Italian manufacturer is considering a move into the hybrid marketplace.

According to a piece from SpeedLux (via inautonews.com), the hybrid would be modeled after the standard 599.

The complete story (thanks to jhonny130491 for the info):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Grant - SpeedLux, 7/18/11

Ferrari to develop its first super hybrid

In the past there have been many rumors on this subject, but now the Italian car maker has announced its intention to develop a hybrid model.

Ferarri has unveiled its first Hybrid Concept based on a standard 599 at the Geneva Motor Show.

At that time Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari’s chairman, said in introducing the first “green” Ferrari: “This sort of technological challenge has been in the Ferrari blood since forever” […] “We want to build a hybrid with huge power and huge performance. Within three to four years, every Ferrari in our lineup will offer some version of hybrid operation.”

Now the brand’s aim is to reduce its CO2 emissions and to get on the hybrid segment.

The 599 Hybrid Concept, according to the automaker, accelerates from 0 to 160 km/h in 10.4 seconds, an improvement of 0.6 seconds since the unveiling of the car at the Geneva Motor Show.

This new hybrid technology is adding around 100 kg to the supercar’s weight. Even though the company denies its involving in the hybrid segment, the “S” car plates spied by photographers means it is registered in Stuttgart, home of Bosch, the German supply giant.

Beside this, Ferrari is also planning a super-fast traction control system which is reversing the electric motor’s torque, and an “electronic torque shaping” system that will help to maintain momentum during gear changes by a more linear throttle response.
[[[[[[[[OUR VIEW]]]]]]]]

I'm pretty big fan of Ferrari already, so I'm excited to see how this will turn out. Ferrari engineering has always been high quality and I expect nothing less from this venture. I also expect to see an incredibly hot looking ride when all is said and done.

Email newsdesk@automotiveforums.com or send us a private message with a link to the content you think AF Members should check out!
AF News Desk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Theferrarifan
AF Newbie

Re: Ferrari To Develop Their First Super Hybrid

The Laferrari is a hybrid,the KERS motor produces about 150 horses. Total 930 horses I guess. I don't know where are these modern supercars going.
Theferrarifan is offline   Reply With Quote