Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
DRYGSXR
AF Newbie

SES Engine code P1140

I just wanted to pass along a bit of information that may save one or two of you a couple of bucks (maybe more). I had my SES light on and came up with code P1140. After looking at several other threads regarding this engine code I figured I buy a VTC (cam sensor) and put it in myself. I didn't want to go to local Nissan so I did some research. I found a web site called www.nissanpartscheap.com and got the sensor for$48.94 plus $6.50 shipping. If you have this same problem and go to Nissan they will charge you anywhere from 80 to 90 bucks just for the sensor. I put the cam sensor in myself and it took about ten minutes; reset the light and problem solved. I didn't really look at other parts on the web site but the cam sensor was about half price. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by DRYGSXR; 03-03-2005 at 11:54 AM.
DRYGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
yarcz
AF Newbie

That was a great help, thanks alot!

Just ordered it from online...

Where exactly is the sensor? no special tools needed right?
yarcz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail