Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Celica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
hotpursuit
AF Newbie

Celica Oil Comsumption

I have read on various sites about problems with some '00 and '01 Celicas having excess oil consumption. Some people say this is only a problem on '00 Celicas and some people say it affects '00 - '02 Celicas. Others say it affects '00 through EARLY '02 models. Does anyone know for sure what model years are affected? Was there a midyear change to the engines in '02? If there was a midyear change in '02 how can I tell if an '02 Celica has the "good" engine or the "bad" engine?
hotpursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
beir
old dog learnin new trick

Re: Celica Oil Comsumption

I know my step son just bought a 00 gt & motor seam to run fine..only showed 90k on it..had a clacking noise in it..turned out to be timing chain guide..after he took it in to be repaired the mechanic said motor had a lot more miles on it & when he went on a 300 mile trip it used 7 qts.of oil..found out these engines wear out after 100k...now he's looking @ a rebuilt motor hope this isn't the case for u
Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

The only problem with oil consumption with these engines is if you don't change the oil often enough, causing sludge formation in some engines. Use synthetic oil or change the dino oil regularly and they will last forever. Anyone who thinks modern Toyota engines don't last over 100k miles is not in touch with reality.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
beir

Yes I know toyota makes a quality engine ...my wife has a 97 corolla. & it has 250k & I keep oil changed every 3000 miles it uses a atf about every 1500 miles which is ok...but on a couple of toyota forums I've seen a few posts of this certain year & engine having excessive oil usage @ 100 k...& also my step sons celica apparently has had the engine changed & had a worn out motor put into it..the previous owner never mentioned that to him when he bought it. But thanx for your reply
Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
beir

One more thing adding Lucas oil stabilizer also is a good way to make engine last longer. I owned a semi truck for a number of years & used it every oil change & I got over a million miles out of it. This is a quality product and I use it in all my vehicles.