Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #1
65comet
AF Enthusiast

2002 Intrigue P0300 from oil

The dreaded P0300 random misfire can come from many things. For my Mom's Intrigue I first visually checked for vacuum leaks then started with the plugs. I didn't think it was the plugs because she had had new ones put in about 20,000 miles ago. I started right to left in the front. #3 was fine. When I looked in at the tube for #2, the plug was buried in oil. Same for #1. She had a recent oil change and they must have spilled all over the filler and on top of the coil pack center. With a closer look, I could see a line from the top of dried backed in oil from the top of the coil pack gasket. Back plugs were fine and dry. After the cleaning and a reset it runs great again. I'm going to check again after some serious driving to make sure it isn't a valve cover leak at the seal for the spark plug tubes. I made extra sure the coil pack assembly gasket was good and clean and sealing tight when I reinstalled to halt any possible future introduction from an oil jockey. If it is the tube gaskets, I'll add to the post.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue