Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which would you rather have as a first car?
2001 Dodge Neon R/T 1 7.14%
1997 Honda Prelude base 13 92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:07 AM   #16
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: '01 R/T Neon vs '97 Prelude

i'd pick the prelude, u can also say the neon is "just another dodge" which is worse than "just another honda"

anyways.. the prelude may weight 300lb more, but the hp/tq makes up for it, and then some, the prelude is most stylish, imo, better in every way, except the mileage maybe, but being that its a honda, it shouldn't matter that much, just take care of it like any other car and it'll be fine
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:49 AM   #17
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

Yeah, you have to look at more than peak torque to realize how torquey a car feels. If you look at dyno graphs for most sport coupe four-cylinder engines, they are noticeably lacking in the mid-range department, but they make plenty of power up top. The Prelude makes a solid amount of torque all the way up to redline, not just above 5000 rpm or so. You can punch it from any gear and still get some acceleration. Because of this, the Prelude has wider gears than the other Honda sport coupes in its stable, and fares better in high-speed racing. My V6-powered Camry hangs with an Integra GS-R on the freeway, a car that has me beat by a full second in the quarter mile. I can't even touch the Prelude. Their upper gears are really something to be afraid of.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:21 AM   #18
Right_LiRrr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Right_LiRrr

^^Exactly!! Peak torque means shit all. It's what's under the curve that counts.

I'd go with the Prelude. It's hardly just another Honda.

Right_LiRrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #19
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
Get a neon ACR and get into autox.
Exactly!

The ACR Neon and the SRT-4 are the only Neons that I would look into buying. I test drove a few and didn't care for the brakes, the handling, or the acceleration. The Neon makes for a good point A to point B car. Nothing more, nothing less. So if you want a Neon get the ACR, or you could get an SRT-4.

I would go with the Prelude. It looks better, handles better, has more power, and it has a much bigger after market. However, the Neon takes well to be turbo-charged.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #20
Dave1669
AF Regular

Definately the Prelude. It's faster, handles better, more reliable, looks a lot nicer from the outside and inside (IMO), and it's more distinguished than any Neon (except for maybe the SRT4). Even if it has higher miles, I'm willing to bet it still drives better than the Neon.
Dave1669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #21
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

I would pick the prelude over the neon. Ive seen honda motors with over 200,000 miles on them and still run really strong. The lude also looks better, drives a hell of a lor better and you can get honda parts easy. As far as boositng it the h22 has a week bottom end when it comes to boost but 10psi on the h22 would still be more than plenty. Its sure as hell not just another honda.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #22
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Get the prelude, the only neon worth getting is the srt-4, even tho its not really a neon
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #23
del
móddə rąytər

Re: Re: '01 R/T Neon vs '97 Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce957
Get the prelude, the only neon worth getting is the srt-4, even tho its not really a neon
i dont' understand this logic at all. but somehow a lot of people seem to think this way. what else could the srt-4 be if not a neon???? someone please clarify this for me. that's like saying a ZO6 is not really a corvette. or 911 turbo isnt' really a 911.

not tryin to start shit but what the hell is behind this twisted logic that the NEON srt-4 is not really a neon????? i've seen it on more than enough occasions where it's really confusing the hell out of me.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #24
TatII
AF Fanatic

well no where on the car says neon on it, and neither does it say it on the registration or insurance. people just feels insulted for the car to be called it original name.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:06 AM   #25
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

To put it plainly, because the SRT-4 is a sports car and the Neon is an economy car. The car is different enough from a basic Neon that it doesn't qualify as being a Neon anymore. The Corvette Z06 and 911 Turbo are based off of the regular Corvette and 911, but the SRT-4 isn't even based off of the regular Neon. It's got the same body, and that's about it. The engine, transmission, suspension, tires, brakes -- all completely different from that of the Neon. Think of it like this -- when the Corvette Z06 and 911 Turbo were designed, the designers took the basic cars (already competent sports cars) and improved upon them. When the SRT-4 was designed, the designers didn't "take" the original Neon at all -- they created an all-new performance beast, stuffed it in the Neon's skin, and called it the SRT-4.

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons