Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 07:40 PM   #31
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

no i mean it ran well, and problem free. easy as change oil, fill with gas, drive car. you're pouring in a gallon of anti-freeze daily and the radiator leaks causing the car to overheat. that is not exemplory of running well to me. not to mention the first engine started overheatig and eventually seized at half the mileage i got out of the only engine in my first maxima and your second engine is doing the same shit and your carbeurator leaks. who's side are you on anyway? (J/k)

Old 06-21-2003, 10:28 PM   #32
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Huh? The radiator is not the reason it overheated, it was faulty thermostats and my dad not watching the gauges. The leaks are just recent(last couple months) and are being fixed soon. So it's the original radiator with 260K+ miles on it, thats pretty good in my book. You know how much water that thing has cooled over 18 years?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:45 PM   #33
stangvette1
Banned

The mustang can compete with GM at every level:
mustang v6 vs. camaro v6 vs. firebird v6
mustang mach1 vs. camaro ss vs. transam
cobra r vs corvette C5
03 Cobra vs. corvette Z06
( The mustang gt and the camaro Z28 are insignificant to this comparison.)
Chevy doesn't dominate Ford in any of these categories. The mustang v6 will take the v6 firebird and the v6 camaro (WEIGHT), the mach1 will hold its ground versus the transam and camaro ss, the cobra r will take the C5, and the 2003 cobra will hang with the Z06 all day long. Clearly Chevy is NOT more powerful than Ford.

P.S. Ford has another fast car besides the mustang. It's called the Ford GT and it will blow all GM vehicles out of the water!
Old 06-23-2003, 04:26 AM   #34
primitivefuture
AF Newbie

Talking v6 camaro or mustang

I have a v6 stang with at least 350hp, I would definitely pick the stang.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:41 AM   #35
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: v6 camaro or mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by primitivefuture

till you post mods i'll do this......

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 06-23-2003, 10:35 AM   #36
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Re: v6 camaro or mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by primitivefuture
i wanna see a dyno chart or a track slip
Old 06-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #37
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: v6 camaro or mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa

i wanna see a dyno chart or a track slip
YUP!
Old 06-24-2003, 04:22 PM   #38
Tekone
AF Regular

Lotta misinformed people in here

First, auto to auto the V-6 Camaro would win. Ford still does not know how to build a decent auto. Manual to manual it's a drivers race. I know having raced plenty of Mustangs both auto and manual. Second, to the person who said his Maxima 6 spd. would hang with a Z28, what are you smoking? You run high 14s to MAYBE mid 14s versus a z's low 13's consistantly. Thats an awful lot of car lenghts in the quarter mile. It's not even close. You have what, 245hp to a Z28's 310 advertised hp, which is very decieving as they dyno 300-315 to the wheels, which translates to 350 at the flywheel. 245 hp versus 350? Not a chance in hell. Go race one if you are still not convinced. And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima. Enough said. Neither car is fast, but they are fun to drive if they have a stick and will last if taken care of. And what else can you buy that is only a year old and has less than 8k on the odo and is fun to drive for less than $14,000.
Performance Mods: Z28 Catback, Cutout
Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint
Charcoal leather seats
Comming soon: 3.73's, LSD, Air Lid, VS Cam
Not in that order....
Old 06-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #39
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekone
Lotta misinformed people in here

First, auto to auto the V-6 Camaro would win. Ford still does not know how to build a decent auto. Manual to manual it's a drivers race. I know having raced plenty of Mustangs both auto and manual. Second, to the person who said his Maxima 6 spd. would hang with a Z28, what are you smoking? You run high 14s to MAYBE mid 14s versus a z's low 13's consistantly. Thats an awful lot of car lenghts in the quarter mile. It's not even close. You have what, 245hp to a Z28's 310 advertised hp, which is very decieving as they dyno 300-315 to the wheels, which translates to 350 at the flywheel. 245 hp versus 350? Not a chance in hell. Go race one if you are still not convinced. And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima. Enough said. Neither car is fast, but they are fun to drive if they have a stick and will last if taken care of. And what else can you buy that is only a year old and has less than 8k on the odo and is fun to drive for less than $14,000.

My friend, you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, the Z28 doesn't run 350 horses, you pulled that stat out of your butt. I have never seen that stat before on here or anywhere for that matter. And a 2002 Maxima has 255 horses. So its 255 to 310. Take into account the weight. The Z28 weighs about 200 lbs. more than '02 Maxima SE. Uh-oh....this race is getting closer as the truth unfolds......

The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a Z28 is 13.8. The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a 6-speed Maxima is 14.7. If the Z28 was auto, and the Maxima 6-speed, I can see that as being a close race. They are .4 seconds apart on 0-60. You can't argue with facts, but I guess you can make them up. I have heard about a 6-speed Maxima taking a 2000+ Formula Trans-am.

As for the V-6 Camaro's and Stangs, there has never been one I couldn't tame by two car lengths. They have two of the worst dime-a-dozen V-6's ever built. That is a fact. You cheated yourself out by buying a V-6 'muscle car'. I'd be more than happy to find other's that agree with me.

And what does the "Dude, you drive a Maxima!" comment mean. I can take you and my resale value is a whole lote better. Not to mention one of, if not the best, V-6 engines ever produced is under my hood. Interior is 100 times better than yours. And reliability? I'm laughing right now...

I don't hate Camaro's, in fact I like them very much,. but your post is senseless.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #40
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Pick

My friend, you have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, the Z28 doesn't run 350 horses, you pulled that stat out of your butt. I have never seen that stat before on here or anywhere for that matter.
Then you obviously don't know too much about f-bodies if you don't know they are underpowered. How about you take a gander around LS1.com]http://www.ls1.com Check out the member's dyno numbers. They ALL dyno high 290's to 310ish unless there is something wrong with them. Correct for 16-18% drivetrain loss, and you are looking at 350 to 360 hp. 98-00 f-bodies dyno slightly lower (high 290's to low 300's) while 01-02's dyno about 5 to 10 hp more. Do the math. I'm sure I pulled that stat out of my butt. Try to learn more about what these cars can do before you open your mouth.

If that is not enough proof, look at what they run compared to 4.6 99+ Mustangs. LS1 f-bodies run low 13's with a decent driver. Stick or auto. High 12's are possible with good track prep. and a very good driver. Compare those numbers to those of a Mustang. 99+ Mustangs run low 14's with a decent driver. High 13's are possible with a very good driver and a 5-speed. An auto might break 13's, but would be difficult to do, but possible. So there is about a second difference between a 99+ 4.6 Mustang and a 98+ LS1 f-body, but yet f-bodies run a whole second faster with only 50 hp. more and similar gearing? Hmmm....Nope. They in reality have around 90 hp more. Again, research a bit more before you run your mouth will ya.

Quote:
And a 2002 Maxima has 255 horses. So its 255 to 310. Take into account the weight. The Z28 weighs about 200 lbs. more than '02 Maxima SE. Uh-oh....this race is getting closer as the truth unfolds......
Nope, its 255 versus 350ish. Again, if you don't believe me, go race a Z/formula/TA and find out the hard way. The 200 lb. difference does not play too much of a factor when there is that much of a hp. difference between the two cars.

Quote:

The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a Z28 is 13.8. The best official 1/4 time I have seen for a 6-speed Maxima is 14.7. If the Z28 was auto, and the Maxima 6-speed, I can see that as being a close race. They are .4 seconds apart on 0-60. You can't argue with facts, but I guess you can make them up. I have heard about a 6-speed Maxima taking a 2000+ Formula Trans-am.
You like to magazine race don't ya. That 'official' 1/4th mile time you are quoting was done by both Car and Driver and MT on regular roads, not the track. A lil' bit of a difference there. A 6-speed Maxima beating a LS1 T/A. LOL this is getting better all the time. Maybe if the T/A was running on 6 cylinders and was missing first and second gear.

Quote:

As for the V-6 Camaro's and Stangs, there has never been one I couldn't tame by two car lengths. They have two of the worst dime-a-dozen V-6's ever built. That is a fact. You cheated yourself out by buying a V-6 'muscle car'. I'd be more than happy to find other's that agree with me.
I never said you could not take a V-6 F-body or Stang. You have 45 hp. and a lil' more torque than them. No problem there. I bought my car because the car is in my name and the V-6 version is expensive enough to insure. When you are paying for your college tuition, rent, car, insurance, food, gas ect. you don't have much money to go around. The car is fine for what I do with it. Fun to drive and gets decent gas milage.

Quote:

And what does the "Dude, you drive a Maxima!" comment mean. I can take you and my resale value is a whole lote better. Not to mention one of, if not the best, V-6 engines ever produced is under my hood. Interior is 100 times better than yours.
The 3.8 V-6 has been around many years, and it's reliability has been proven. Interior looks are subjective. I like my interior. Suits the car fine IMO. And you apparently missed my smile next to that quote.

Quote:

I don't hate Camaro's, in fact I like them very much,. but your post is senseless.
If you like them so much, go do some more research on them. My post is senseless? Please.
Performance Mods: Z28 Catback, Cutout
Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint
Charcoal leather seats
Comming soon: 3.73's, LSD, Air Lid, VS Cam
Not in that order....
Old 06-24-2003, 06:36 PM   #41
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekone

And as for the same person insulting Camaro's and Mustang's, dude you drive a Maxima. Enough said.
dude you drive a base model v6 camaro. nuf said. if you don't like what he's saying, prove him wrong. who gives a fuck what he drives or what you think about it. i could have gotten 2 POS v6 camaro's for what i got my car for. i didn't for a reason.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #42
speeder94
AF Enthusiast

hey VETESTANG WHY DONT YOU PUT THAT NEW CRAPPY FORD GT AGAINST THE LIGENFELTER CORVETTE 1/4 9.27 0-60 1.97 NOW WHOS THE WINNER AND FORD WE DONT HAVE TO USE SUPERCHARGERS TO GET HORSEPOWER YOU FORD LOSERS
K&N FILTES AND OTHER LITLE THINGS FUTURE MODS SHORT THROW SHIFTER SUPERCHARGE OR OR STROKE TO 383 1999 CHEVY SILVERADO Z71 3 INCH BODY LIFTSUPERCHARGER CHIP HEADER AND DUAL EHAUSTWITH A COLD AIR INTAKEAND ACELL WIRING
Old 06-24-2003, 11:12 PM   #43
speeder94
AF Enthusiast

HEY NISSAN FREAKS YOU WANNA RACE YOU CAN MOD A MAXIMA AND WONT EVEN BEAT A Z28 WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BEAT A CAMARO Z28 MAYBE AV6 BUT A Z28 COME DONT BEA LIAR NO OFFENSE BUT YOU SOME PRETTY STUPID THINGS LIKE BEATING A CAMARO Z28 IN YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE
K&N FILTES AND OTHER LITLE THINGS FUTURE MODS SHORT THROW SHIFTER SUPERCHARGE OR OR STROKE TO 383 1999 CHEVY SILVERADO Z71 3 INCH BODY LIFTSUPERCHARGER CHIP HEADER AND DUAL EHAUSTWITH A COLD AIR INTAKEAND ACELL WIRING
Old 06-24-2003, 11:58 PM   #44
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

no one said they beat a z28.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:54 AM   #45
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by speeder94
HEY NISSAN FREAKS YOU WANNA RACE YOU CAN MOD A MAXIMA AND WONT EVEN BEAT A Z28 WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BEAT A CAMARO Z28 MAYBE AV6 BUT A Z28 COME DONT BEA LIAR NO OFFENSE BUT YOU SOME PRETTY STUPID THINGS LIKE BEATING A CAMARO Z28 IN YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE
What are you calling crappy moron? The VQ35 is the best V6 in the world- That has been acknowleged time after time- FAR better than any V6 GM is doing thats for sure- to call the VQ35 crappy without any re-inforcment is ignorance

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons