Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
NISR227
AF Newbie

"Theory" acceleration stats for comparison (& calc)

You may of seen my site before, if you haven't then please check it out.

I list 1000's on THEORY acceleration stats for road cars based on power per weight and transmission type, all for comparison. It also has a performance calculator to cover bhp increases and all types of tuned road cars too. Listed are fwd, rwd and 4wd.

www.letstorquebhp.com

It will be updated next month with new software design, content (2007 calenders and stats game) and options, but its still fun at the moment.

Before some says its rubbish becuase it only uses bhp, weight (kg) and transmission type (ie not torque, gear ratio etc) to calculate its figures, and I know many will, please just check the figures out on the production cars first and compare them with real life, then make up your own mind. Even though I don't use torque etc, 95% of the time they are pretty close to the production times.

The lists include quoting 0-60mph, 0-100mph and 1/4mile times (with ET's) for many rare, holomogation, prototype and other one-offs that have never or may never be timed. Please check these out, it gives interesting reading whats possible from such cars, eg saleen S7 twin turbo 1000, etc

I am UK based, so I know it needs more American cars that we don't have over here, and the weight is in kg, so it could do with a pounds option, but this will be on the new site.

You can also sort the lists in any order to compare, eg rwd cars in fastest 1/4mile order....http://www.letstorquebhp.com/rwd.asp...agQtrMile_Secs if you want to see which are the fastest, in theory.

Please check it out, have a play with the sorting and calculator, and make your own mind up on comparing the cars..

cheers
Theory Performance Stats Web Site - 60, 100 and 1/4 Calc.
NISR227 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons