Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 03:10 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Do you think that Cadillac is the leading American luxury manufacturer?

also, which one do you prefer, Seville or Deville?
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 06:38 AM   #2
Gabe98
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by igor@af

Probably a toss-up between cadillac and continental as for US manufacturers. Haven't driven a caddy in many years, but have driven the Town cars and Marks and they were very nice.

When cadillac rolls out the Evoq (or whatever it will finally be called), I think I will have to try it out. They haven't faired too well in past years with sport vehicles, so about time they have a winner. Hopefully, it won't change too much from the concept design I have on the EVOQ brochure on my office wall.

Gabe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 06:22 AM   #3
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
I'd say that Ford's Lincoln division and Cadillac (GM) are pretty much neck and neck, though I would probably get a Lincoln over a Caddy. I like the Northstar V8's, but like Gabe pointed out, Cadillacs never seem to stock up well against their foreign "sports" competition. With a Cadillac, you seem to be getting the name, and the classic American luxo cruiser, and that's what its best at.

I'd take a Deville. If I wanted something sporty with two doors, I would not be getting a Caddy. Oh, and I love the Evoq's rear-facing camera that puts the rearview images on displays inside the car. Say good-bye to rearview mirrors? I doubt it - too sweet for production.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 06:57 PM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I think cadillac is alot better than Lincoln, and definately the DTS, the new one looks sweet
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 07:10 PM   #5
Dylan_Michael
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dylan_Michael
Hands down I say it is. Lincoln has really sucked over the past years, LS or no LS, and has no appeal to me whatsoever. Cadillac's styling and the new Evoq caught my eye, and its making me drool. But outside Amercia, the once powerful Cadillac looks like Hyundai.

Dylan_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Thumbs up

I like Cadillac a lot more than Lincoln (Caddies have way more power [75hp] and more torque [20-25lb-ft]) Plus, caddies are really techno-packed for the price (night-vision, shocks that are adjsuted 1000 per second, or once per foot of road travelling at 70mph, OnStar, etc) Plus they are relatively affordable compared to the competetion. They aren't as good (duh!, they're half the price!), but very competent none the less.
I prefer the DTS, it is nice and big, lots of nice crap, and is decently driver-oriented. I would get a 5 series befope a STS, though.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:17 PM   #7
jwsherman
AF Newbie

Caddy vs. Lincoln

I thought Caddy's future was brightest until I saw that Lincoln Mark IX they unveiled at the New York Auto Show. Wow!
jwsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 08:46 PM   #8
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow jwsherman

You were there too? Sweet! Actually, if I had to pick one item as the single coolest thing I saw the the Auto Show, I'd have to go with the twin turbo V8 Cadillac had on display (I think it was a replica of the engine used in their LeMans car). I really appreciated the design, in which everything was done right, geared towards top notch performace, with no compromising design parameters like those found in production car engines.

I too feel that Lincoln is heading in a good direction from what I saw at the Show, although Cadillac remains very competitive. Their night vision system is incredible. I could really go for getting that custom installed in my car.. that is if money were not an option.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #9
2001 AE
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by igor@af

Cadillac by a longshot. I got the opportunity to test drive the DTS among others at the Cadillac World Challenge sponsored by Motortrend this summer in Cleveland and it was VERY impressive. Cadillac's use of technology combined with raw HP,great looks and vehicle content have made them among the World's best in my opinion. I also test drove the Seville and it gets my vote as the better of the two choices.
Old 10-27-2001, 04:10 PM   #10
Chris
Oldie

Have you guys read the Northwest by Northstar (or something like that) in Automobile?? THat was a good article, and he really praised the caddies in that.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:05 PM   #11
vectorclub
AF Enthusiast

Cadillac styling is poor overall. The EVOQ gives some hope, but that monster Cad with the night vision is ugly. Both Cadillac and Lincoln goofed up their big cruisers. The hard edge look Cad is going for is disappointing. Their Supercar Concept Car is OK. That Cadillac Truck is so-so. If I had to lay odds on Lincoln verus Cadillac over the next 5 years I would say Lincoln will be in better shape then Cadillac. I can't believe Cad is trying to the Cimeron thing again with that new cheap Cad. The guy who turned Jaguar around has taken over Lincoln, so we will see what he can do.
vectorclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #12
327belair
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 327belair
cadillac's stying is so much better than lincoln's. my mom's continental rides just like my boss's eldorado, but the lincolns are all terrible looking cars. I do like the lincoln ls, as well as the blackwood, but the escalade and escalade ext are cool as well. I like the new deville, it doesnt look like it should belongto a grandpa anymore
327belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 12:54 PM   #13
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

the new CTS looks pretty good too
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 02-18-2002, 07:38 PM   #14
Chris
Oldie

Dont forget, the CTS is 5-series sized. Also, I am expecting a V8, look at all that room in the engine bay (Its even more pronounced in real life)

I just spent 15 mins looking for a pic, and couldn't find one, so dont be mad about the lack of one

Old 02-18-2002, 08:17 PM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i sat in one at the toronto auto show

it was pretty nice
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"