Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
blood&oil
AF Newbie

93 sable wont stop blowing igiton fuse!!!!!

I got a buddy with a 93 sable wit a 3.0L it cranks but wont start it keeps blowing the igition fuse. sometimes the fuse will stay intact and its fine for a day or week i checked the wiring with a meater and its got got contunitity so i dont think its a short i think its a power surge blowing the fuse. the batt reads 14v is it possible that some regulatior is bad and getting too much power. the car had a tune up new wires plugs cap rotor igition coil the batt light also stays on at all times but the batt reads good under load. WHAT REGULATES THE POWER TO THE IGITON COIL? This car is driving me nuts
blood&oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
monkeybag_70
AF Newbie

Re: 93 sable wont stop blowing igiton fuse!!!!!

I currently have a '93 Sable and am having the exact same issue I believe. More specifically, When I go to accelerate from a stopped position; most oftenly from a red light turned green or stop sign. I accelerate and then the fuse blows. Normally I'd quickly replace the fuse and it wouldn't bother me again for a fare while. Now every fuse I replace it with blows as soon as it's inserted. My battery light is on and I believe obviously a short or power surge. There has been work done on the steering column and ignition recently and my wipers won't work on the highest setting. Is it likely that there is a short in the steering column, and if so is there someone aware of a way I may be able to diagnose the problem myself?
monkeybag_70 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable