Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Cool $10 million offered for 2003 Cadillac Sixteen

The following is from autoweek.com in December of last year.

"Last year, when General Motors showed its Cadillac Sixteen concept luxury sedan at the Dubai show in the United Arab Emirates, Kempston Darkes, GM's vice president for Latin America, Africa and the Middle East, was approached by a wealthy sheik who offered $10 million for the car.

"I cried when I couldn't sell it," she says. "Although the thought did cross my mind that maybe we could build a very limited number."

Whether concept or reality, Cadillac is drawing plenty of attention in the Middle East. Kempston Darkes says Cadillac's role as a global player will continue to rise as GM pushes into more countries. GM will sell more. It will add more exclusive dealerships.

She says Cadillac dealers in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will spend $35 million over the next few years for about 10 luxury channel showrooms. Hummer and Saab will be included in those franchises.

Kempston Darkes expects Cadillac sales in the region to nearly double - from 2,500 units this year to as many as 4,000 - as GM brings up the network.

"If it's a global brand, you truly need to sell it around the world," Kempston Darkes says. "And I expect Cadillac to play a significant role going forward in the luxury brand business that is done in the Middle East."

She adds: "The product range we now have for Cadillac tells you we can compete very well in luxury brands."

Kempston Darkes says Cadillac's presence in the Middle East will help the brand image as a whole.

"When you say you are a global brand, then I always think it helps the business case because you build (in North America) and you sell around the world," she says. "It gives an element of prestige to the brand, and it shows the viability as a luxury brand competing with the best in the world."

2003 Cadillac Sixteen concept

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 05-23-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Old 08-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
ocjmakaveli
AF Newbie

How many people do I have to ****(use your imagination lol) to get this car!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:24 AM   #4
Wilko21
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Wilko21
Re: $10 million offered for 2003 Cadillac Sixteen

This car is going to be in project gotham racing 3!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 01-12-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Cadillac was the first auto maker to produce a V-16 engine.

The Sixteen concept has a 13.6 liter (817 cubic inch) 32-valve V-16 with Displacement on Demand which shuts down half of the cylinders during most driving conditions and automatically and seamlessly reactivates them for more demanding conditions, such as brisk acceleration or load hauling cylinders when the driver needs the engine's full power. It has 1,000 hp and 1,000 lb-ft of torque.

The extensive use of aluminum components and structure provide substantial weight advantages. The aluminum-steel chassis employs high-arm SLA suspension up front and independent semi-trailing arm suspension in the rear. The front and rear brakes are six-piston calipers with 16-inch rotors.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Mr Wiggl3s
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mr Wiggl3s

Bah, its not going to happen, just like that mopar tomahawk POS
Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #8
russo01
AF Newbie

The car is nice but Not 10 million nice. Seems like they're trying to compete with the Bugatti as far as power goes.

Zach Russo
Automotive Editor
www.reply.com
Old 06-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #9
capones car
AF Newbie

What do you think someone would pay for Al Capone's car because I have the very car of his that he was picked up in when he got out of jail
Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #10
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Welcome to AF.

We would love to see some pics of your car! It sounds like a truly rare find. It's hard to guess what kind of a price premium you would get due to its history.

BTW it's much better to start a new thread on this subject and I would encourage you to do so.
Tacking your post onto a very old thread will result in a disappointing response to you and is somewhat annoying to other AF users. We try and discourage resurrecting old threads in this manner.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion