Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
Scottadam
AF Newbie

'97 exped. 5.4 OBD 304

I have replaced a coil pack #2 within the last few monthes and all went ok.Today engine code 304 appeared. Truck sat outside for a few weeks without driving. I read the code (misfire) and assumed it was #4 coil pack. I replaced the pack and the truck takes for ever to start and when it does it is very rough and will not idle (stalls). I removed the injector rail on that side to install coil. I replaced the injector top o-rings. Pressure seems to hold with hand pump. Any ideas what I did?

New codes,1131 and 1151 both indicating lean in each side of exhaust? I checked the fuel cut off, was not tripped?

Scottadam

Last edited by Scottadam; 01-24-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Scottadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
bearcat329
AF Regular

Lightbulb

on the passenger side valve cover is the pcv valve, the hose runs around to the back of the intake manifold, directly below the idle air valve, it's attached by a 90 degree rubber connecter, mine rotted thru, causing a rough idle, check engine light, and a lean burn code for both exhaust banks, try replacing that and reset the comp and see what happens.
hth Rick, Ore
bearcat329 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition