Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #16
Ladysmoker
AF Newbie

Hard starting Caddy

Joe,
Ok, your reply was well taken, but in my family if you do not smoke then you are considered a outcast, besides myself, my 4 sisters all are heavy smokers, my mom is a smoker, and my dad he is a non smoker who puts up with us. My aunt who I inherited the Caddy from was also a very heavy smoker, but she passed away last summer, not from the cigarettes, but from a fall that injured her head, she was 65 yrs old, and a smoker for 50 years.
So where are you from? I'm in Chicago, right now waiting for the big snow storm, yikes. Oh and by the way, starting the Caddy is a breeze, I pump the gas five times, turn the key, with my foot off the pedal and it starts right up!!
So no ideas on how to clean the inside??
Let me know if you can think of any, PLEASE.
Ladysmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:06 AM   #17
JoeRay
AF Newbie

Re: Hard starting Caddy

If I owned the car, I'd take it to a "Detailer". You can usually find them associated with most car washes and/or car lots. Around here, you can have a whole car done around $100-150. That includes inside, outside, and engine. The car ends up looking like it's on a "For Sale" lot (of course, it depends on the car and the particular shop). If the're slow, they will probably do the inside only at a reduced cost.

And, if it were mine, I'd put a GOOD electronic air purifier (I don't know about the ones on TV) in it overnight to remove stale smells.
JoeRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #18
Antiburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Antiburn
Re: Hard starting Cadillac (continued)

Goo-gone or Goo-off i forget the exact name. Take that with a tooth brush and scrub it off. Then whipe it off and windex it to get the rest off. Finally armor all everything. I used some resolve rug cleaner and a screb brush for the rugs. Im sure a portable steam cleaner would work wonders.
Antiburn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion