Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: 2003 Cdillac Sixteen-Sexy or Unattractive
Sexy as hell 18 72.00%
Ugly as crap 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 06:22 PM   #61
tdnyc
AF Regular

Quote:
Cadillac has confirmed they will not build the Sixteen.
True, I read this he other day. I heard at the NYC International Auto Show that even if they don't built the Sixteen, they still will use the engine in a future model. The Sixteen was just made for an example to show off what Cadillac can do.
tdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #62
kaskillah
AF Enthusiast

First they should work on producing a product that the consumer will be thoroughly satisfied with. It's un-nerving in addition to building unreliable automobiles they treat their customers very rudely.
It seems Cadillac is only concerned with building automobiles to clientele who probably are going to be too old to buy another car, so they don't really care about customer satisfaction.
kaskillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 09:42 PM   #63
tdnyc
AF Regular

Quote:
First they should work on producing a product that the consumer will be thoroughly satisfied with. It's un-nerving in addition to building unreliable automobiles they treat their customers very rudely.
My father is satisfied with his 1990 Sedan Deville that has 272,000 miles and not a problem or repair yet. And still running strong and doing burnouts. He's never had a problem with his Caddy. And the Caddies we drove as I grew up all went over 250,000 miles without a problem or repair. Thats satisfactory to me. And I also call those reliable cars. We were never treated rudely when we bought our Caddies. Neither when I bought my GTP. How are they going to sell cars by treating their customers poorly? Doesn't make sense to me really.
tdnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #64
kaskillah
AF Enthusiast

I guess you guys are the lucky ones. I've never received good service from the dealers for my Chevies either so I stopped going to any dealer long time ago. My folks got crappy service as well. They're getting ready to dump their Caddy for anything but a GM now. I don't blame them. I'm getting close to getting rid of my newer GM's myself. I won't ever buy a new car as long as I can still work on the beaters I've got and they've got a lot of beating left in them. If I need parts, I look on eBay. I've found everything I've needed so far for a great deal. And no more sh!tty treatment either. If it's something I need help with, I've got a good local meckanick who treats me great.
kaskillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:35 AM   #65
MyrlieGirl
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MyrlieGirl
Personally, I wish the Sixteen would have made it to production. I think it's a damn sexy car.
MyrlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:40 AM   #66
[ReBirth]
AF Newbie

I'd just like to say that the car in the above pictures is damn fine.

Im from australia and have never seen a new-style caddy in the flesh.

Jus recently Holden (www.holden.com.au) have included the new caddilac engines (190kW very impressive) into our already very fine vehicles replacing the old buick engines.

Today i came into this division of th forum to check out a bit of history of the engines and the cars themselves.

I know that probably didn't make any sense wat so ever but i jus wanted to say it.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #67
customcadillac
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to customcadillac
me likey

So far, I like the idea of the Sixteen. I think Bob Lutz is resurrecting a lot of good ideas here - the idea of a 16 cylinder engine, for which Cadillac was so well know for in the early years of motoring. I like the idea of the massive size and scale of it all, since Caddy was the king of obscenely large cars for so long and then came those front-wheel drive monstrosities in the 80's. The only thing I'm not so hot about is the ridculously large diameter wheels, this strikes me as too much of a nod toward trendiness and fadism. Cadillac creates the trends and sets the fads, not follows them (who started tail fins?) 21 inch rims are one thing on a rice-burner but another thing entirely on a Cadillac. What I question is can Bob Lutz mange to stop the beancounters that have been doing such an efficient job of running GM into the ground for the last two decades and not only get this car built, but built right, with all the ultra-high end market amenities they talked about? If this is supposed to be a genuinely world-class super car, then it can't use the same headlight switch and door lock handles as last year's Cavalier. The only thing this car can afford to have in common with any other GM product is motor oil. There should be no exposed plastic in the interior and the fit and finish should make a Lexus look like Mr. Smith's 8th grade shop class go cart project from the local Jr. High. I question whether or not GM has the ability to do that anymore. Has anyone ever sat in a '75 or '76 Talisman? Those interiors were amazing, especially considering when they were made. Obviously GM Could do it, if they wanted to, but will they? I'd like to see Caddy have something that was really the standard of the world, as opposed to some badge engineered laughing stock of the world (GM STILL has a lot of making up to do for the spectacularly awful Cimarron).
customcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #68
kmscss
AF Newbie

Question A/C Problems

I have a 1990 Cadi Fleetwood, And I shut my car off one day, and my defrost didnt shut off. So now my Heat, A/C, dont work. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this, and help me figure out whats wroung with it. I need to fix ikt fast Im trying to sell it.
kmscss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #69
supraman06
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to supraman06 Send a message via AIM to supraman06 Send a message via Yahoo to supraman06
Thumbs up Re: 2003 Cadillac Sixteen-Sexy or Unattractive?

It is very sexy. It backs that ass up on 24" rims with a v16 pumping 1000 hp and torque.

Last edited by supraman06; 07-21-2004 at 07:30 PM.
supraman06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #70
James Ketron
AF Newbie

During the 20's and 30's car manufacturers knew how to make a good luxury car. Caddilac had a V16 in the thirties, but they dropped the ball. If not for the great depression, perhaps there would be more of them around today(V16's that is). Who knows, mayby even Delahaye and Dusenburg would still be around. Anyways, I think this car is a great idea, it looks great, and it has most impressive specs. Who knows, mayby they will pick up where they left off, before WWII, and become great once again. Or put simply, *drool*
James Ketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #71
jmrev
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Cadillac Sixteen-Sexy or Unattractive?

that was 1000 hp right, but think about the weight.
jmrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #72
HandofDoom
AF Regular

Re: 2003 Cadillac Sixteen-Sexy or Unattractive?

The weight?About 5,000 pounds.Thats nothing for a car of that power.Think about it,your average Chevy Camaro that weighs about 2800 pounds,pushing close to 300HP(LT1 engine[not LS1]) does 0-60 in about 5.6 seconds.You do that math.The Sixteen would have blazing speed.
HandofDoom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion