Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 09:17 PM   #31
purelux
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by CopperHed210

HAHAHA.You are absolutly incorrect.I have driven many Caddys and many Lincolns and Lincolns BY FAR have more wind noise.Cadillacs give a sportier LOOK.Not sportier ride.I dont know were you get what your saying but I get mine from experience.Cadillacs are BY FAR the better car.
Really thats funny because the 2003 towncar has a quiter cabin than the previous winner, Lexus. I'm not sure what year towncar's you've drove but even though I prefer lincoln's cadillacs definatly have a sportier ride. Not a sporty ride which you seem to have been confused over. While a lincoln is a chassis from a crown vic there is a world of difference i.e. interior design, quality of materials, different seats, more sound insulation. Body style. As for sporty look maybe the catera or whatever they call it now but their sedans aren't sporty looking neither is the towncar. They aren't supposed to be they look distinctive, refined (they are luxary cars). You want a sporty luxary car go get a benz. In 98 the towncar was redesigned 85%, thicker glass, triple sealed doors and windows, new seats, new abs programming, traction control system, body was shortened, roof was chopped, exterior was completely redesigned, watts linkage added to rear suspension. Also check back after there is some descent milage on that northstar powered fwd cadi and let me know how the tranny is doin.
purelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 09:19 PM   #32
purelux
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by HikaRu
my dad works for GM and he gets a new company car every 3 months. sometimes he gets a cadillac. i'm import biased, but i would have to admit, they are really nice. as for lincoln, has anyone seen the 2003 grand marquis commercial? still looks like some 1980 ghetto car... (ghetto is bad in this case )
What is a 1980 ghetto car? I seriously doubt that mercury is aiming at the "urban market"
purelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #33
BravadaKid
AF Newbie

I can't believe Cad is trying to the Cimeron thing again with that new cheap Cad.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The CTS will outhandle an entry level BMV and no Lincoln comes close. All with a price tag in the loaded Taurus range.
BravadaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #34
reallybigfuzzy
AF Newbie

Exclamation hmmm prolly neither :/

are people forgetting about
ROLLS ROYCE

no one knows they're the best and most luxorious because no one can afford them. Highly recommend test driving one tho
rolls royce takes the cake as the leader in luxory!
reallybigfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:06 PM   #35
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Is Cadillac the leading luxury manufacturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadaKid
I can't believe Cad is trying to the Cimeron thing again with that new cheap Cad.
__________________________________________________ ___________

The CTS will outhandle an entry level BMV and no Lincoln comes close. All with a price tag in the loaded Taurus range.
The CTS doesn't out handle a BMW- neither does it outhandle an IS200, G35 or A4. Probably on par with a C Class- and yes I have driven them all- 'cept the G35- they are the competition after all.........

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans

Last edited by Jimster; 01-16-2004 at 06:11 AM.
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #36
kratefan
AF Enthusiast

Re: hmmm prolly neither :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallybigfuzzy
ROLLS ROYCE

no one knows they're the best and most luxorious because no one can afford them. Highly recommend test driving one tho
I had a 1961 Silver Cloud. It was silent as a tomb even at speed (100 mph). Also, you can get used, er, pre-owned Rolls Royces for under $30K. Heaven help you if it breaks, tho. My 1972 Cadillac Fleetwood is also nice, however and cost 1/10 what the Roller did.
Jeff
kratefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #37
HandofDoom
AF Regular

Re: Is Cadillac the leading luxury manufacturer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by reallybigfuzzy
ROLLS ROYCE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the Question,leading U.S. luxery manufactuer.Not in the world.Just America.And yes,they blow Lincoln away.
HandofDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:17 PM   #38
HandofDoom
AF Regular

Most here seem to be pointing out the extra power on cadillac's. However anyone who has ever driven a lincoln ( I have a 1998 lincoln towncar) The towncar's have a quieter cabin and a better ride they aren't designed to be fast like the Ls or the Cadillac's. Lincoln had a 275hp motor in it's continental so it was available to use. One thing to point out though is cadillac is aiming twords more of a sporty luxary image and as so you get more road noise. In addition the engine's seem to really last on both but the cadillac's seem to have more little things go on them air suspension has a shorter life power window motors thermostat, etc... little things. I do like the look and the cadillac's "road presence" but I haven't run into anybody who said they have a smoother quieter ride even dealers when I was car shopping.

I own two Caddys.I'll tell you right now that Lincolns do not have quieter cabins.I have driven many Lincolns,because them and Caddys are all I rent when I travel,and I travel a lot.Caddys have a quieter cabin by quite a bit actually.
And a smoother ride?Whoa pal...are you SURE you've driven a Cadillac?Yea,Lincolns have nice rides,but better then a Caddy?By far,NOT.My 1990 has a quieter cabin and smoother ride then most of the new Lincolns I have driven.
And one more thing,where do you get that there designed to be fast?There fast and quick but not that fast.
Cadillac is aiming toward a sporty luxury IMAGE.Correct me if Im wrong but image is the look of something,no?You don't get a more road noise based on what a car looks like.
I had no problems with either of my Caddys,no suspension problems,thermostat,nor window motor problems,nothing at all.Not even on my Coupe thats going on 15 years old.Thats really odd because the people I work with,some of them drive Lincolns.'99s,'00s,'01s,'02,s and so on and tell me all the time that there always having the little annoying things go wrong.One even told me he got a new engine in his '01 Towncar at 55K miles,thats pathetic.

A towncar and a deville turn off your radio on both cars and listen you will hear more road noise on the cadillac's in general and wind noise should be negligable. the cadiallacs do this to givemore of a sport feel it's not a screw up or anything. Also fyi they both have air suspensions (cadillac just redesigned theirs to be faster response to road and weight conditions). cadi's have air shocks lincolns air springs. and if you buy something like that straight from either mfg i guarantee it will be expensive. Also you can get rebuilt air springs with a 3 year for under $100-$150. cadi's can use reg air shocks with an adapter so they can be individually fillled but the ride would be different somewhat. when i say better to a lincoln's ride i mean soft and quiet (isolated) cadillacs are more sport oriented for a luxary car i.e. 275-300+hp low profile chrome rims and tires.

Again,from what you say you apparently have never driven a Caddy.There quieter,better ride and less wind noise,unless my ears are messed up.So where do you get that they want to give it a more sport feel?When I cruise in my Caddy I don't feel like Im in a sports car.Because everthing is tight,solid and silent.
Caddys have air shocks where as Lincolns have air BAGS.If they go there about 2 grand to replace.Air bags that is.Air shocks give a smoother ride because they read the road more therefor being able to self adjust extremely quickly.Air shocks are also cheaper if they go.And Cadillac have always had chrome wheels and moldings since day one.So have Lincolns.

Really thats funny because the 2003 towncar has a quiter cabin than the previous winner, Lexus. I'm not sure what year towncar's you've drove but even though I prefer lincoln's cadillacs definatly have a sportier ride. Not a sporty ride which you seem to have been confused over. While a lincoln is a chassis from a crown vic there is a world of difference i.e. interior design, quality of materials, different seats, more sound insulation. Body style. As for sporty look maybe the catera or whatever they call it now but their sedans aren't sporty looking neither is the towncar. They aren't supposed to be they look distinctive, refined (they are luxary cars). You want a sporty luxary car go get a benz. In 98 the towncar was redesigned 85%, thicker glass, triple sealed doors and windows, new seats, new abs programming, traction control system, body was shortened, roof was chopped, exterior was completely redesigned, watts linkage added to rear suspension. Also check back after there is some descent milage on that northstar powered fwd cadi and let me know how the tranny is doin.

And if Im not mistaking Caddys also have quieter cabins then Lincolns.Why didnt I mention this before...Cadillac Devilles are sporty?Sevilles are sporty looking?Just because they dont look like grampa cars like Lincolns doesnt mean there classified as sporty looking.The only sporty looking Caddy is the CTS.And now they have bad engines and trannys?Mine don't.I do recall the the eninge replacement in the 2001 Towncar with 55K miles I mentioned above.Go to the lincoln section and read all the complaints about Lincolns.Theres tons.Caddys are far better.I perfer the STS.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #39
HandofDoom
AF Regular

Quote:
Most here seem to be pointing out the extra power on cadillac's. However anyone who has ever driven a lincoln ( I have a 1998 lincoln towncar) The towncar's have a quieter cabin and a better ride they aren't designed to be fast like the Ls or the Cadillac's. Lincoln had a 275hp motor in it's continental so it was available to use. One thing to point out though is cadillac is aiming twords more of a sporty luxary image and as so you get more road noise. In addition the engine's seem to really last on both but the cadillac's seem to have more little things go on them air suspension has a shorter life power window motors thermostat, etc... little things. I do like the look and the cadillac's "road presence" but I haven't run into anybody who said they have a smoother quieter ride even dealers when I was car shopping
I own two Caddys.I'll tell you right now that Lincolns do not have quieter cabins.I have driven many Lincolns,because them and Caddys are all I rent when I travel,and I travel a lot.Caddys have a quieter cabin by quite a bit actually.
And a smoother ride?Whoa pal...are you SURE you've driven a Cadillac?Yea,Lincolns have nice rides,but better then a Caddy?By far,NOT.My 1990 has a quieter cabin and smoother ride then most of the new Lincolns I have driven.
And one more thing,where do you get that there designed to be fast?There fast and quick but not that fast.
Cadillac is aiming toward a sporty luxury IMAGE.Correct me if Im wrong but image is the look of something,no?You don't get a more road noise based on what a car looks like.
I had no problems with either of my Caddys,no suspension problems,thermostat,nor window motor problems,nothing at all.Not even on my Coupe thats going on 15 years old.Thats really odd because the people I work with,some of them drive Lincolns.'99s,'00s,'01s,'02,s and so on and tell me all the time that there always having the little annoying things go wrong.One even told me he got a new engine in his '01 Towncar at 55K miles,thats pathetic.

Quote:
A towncar and a deville turn off your radio on both cars and listen you will hear more road noise on the cadillac's in general and wind noise should be negligable. the cadiallacs do this to givemore of a sport feel it's not a screw up or anything. Also fyi they both have air suspensions (cadillac just redesigned theirs to be faster response to road and weight conditions). cadi's have air shocks lincolns air springs. and if you buy something like that straight from either mfg i guarantee it will be expensive. Also you can get rebuilt air springs with a 3 year for under $100-$150. cadi's can use reg air shocks with an adapter so they can be individually fillled but the ride would be different somewhat. when i say better to a lincoln's ride i mean soft and quiet (isolated) cadillacs are more sport oriented for a luxary car i.e. 275-300+hp low profile chrome rims and tires.
Again,from what you say you apparently have never driven a Caddy.There quieter,better ride and less wind noise,unless my ears are messed up.So where do you get that they want to give it a more sport feel?When I cruise in my Caddy I don't feel like Im in a sports car.Because everthing is tight,solid and silent.
Caddys have air shocks where as Lincolns have air BAGS.If they go there about 2 grand to replace.Air bags that is.Air shocks give a smoother ride because they read the road more therefor being able to self adjust extremely quickly.Air shocks are also cheaper if they go.And Cadillac have always had chrome wheels and moldings since day one.So have Lincolns.

Quote:
And if Im not mistaking Caddys also have quieter cabins then Lincolns.Why didnt I mention this before...Cadillac Devilles are sporty?Sevilles are sporty looking?Just because they dont look like grampa cars like Lincolns doesnt mean there classified as sporty looking.The only sporty looking Caddy is the CTS.And now they have bad engines and trannys?Mine don't.I do recall the the eninge replacement in the 2001 Towncar with 55K miles I mentioned above.Go to the lincoln section and read all the complaints about Lincolns.Theres tons.Caddys are far better.I perfer the STS.

Sorry about the confusion.Quotation tags didnt work.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 AM   #40
joeychgo
Banned

I prefer the Seville STS ---
joeychgo is offline   Reply With Quote