Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
fixmuflym
AF Newbie

Exclamation Multiple dash lights on 2005 pathfinder need help please.

I have a 2005 Pathfinder, the other day I was driving in near white out conditions when I got multiple lights on my dash Slip, ABS, VDC, then I got the 4WD light and then I lost the icon showing that all 4 wheels were locked in. I am able to put it in and out of 4wd with the lights on. I put my scanner on the car when I got home to find out that all the lights had gone away. I drove it for the next few days with no problems until 3 days later when it rained. Again I got all the lights to come back on again but only while the roads were wet. The next day the lights were off and it has yet to come on or rain in my neck of the woods. I have had the battery tested and the alternator. Both checked good. The battery is only 2 years old now and is fully charged. The tire pressures are set at the correct pressure along with brake fluid level is full. Any help in trouble shooting an intermitten problem that may or may not be a contributing factor of wet roads would be great help.
fixmuflym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

Re: Multiple dash lights on 2005 pathfinder need help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixmuflym View Post
I drove it for the next few days with no problems until 3 days later when it rained. Again I got all the lights to come back on again but only while the roads were wet. The next day the lights were off and it has yet to come on or rain in my neck of the woods.
Could be a wet connection somewhere, regarding the 4 wheel drive sensors, actuators, components. Just get under there and make sure all connections are secure and attached.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
fixmuflym
AF Newbie

I had my ABS codes read. It was showing C1105, C1101. I bought new rear sensor assy from my local dealership. Installed and drove the pathfinder around. All the lights still remain on. Do I need to have these codes cleared or will they clear on there own?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
fixmuflym
AF Newbie

Ok for those out there that might have this problem in the future. With the 4x4 light on with all the other lights. It will require a OBDII factory reset. Before the lights will extinguish. It is a hard latched fault.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
fixmuflym
AF Newbie

So this is a little late. I actually found the problem to be a wire starting to break between the back speed sensor wiring harness and the wire junction plug next to the passenger front tire. inside the conduit.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail