Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2001, 10:39 PM   #46
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

the S500 isn't slow at all just, compared to the 911...

so the guy challenged you and he dropped out.... what a loser
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-01-2001, 05:58 AM   #47
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, that happens a lot when it comes to top speed. Who's got the cast iron balls right?

What kind of poseur drives a 996 and chickens out in a top speed stand off? I swear... too many rich fakers out there without a sense of thought for what the Porsche emblem stands for.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:49 PM   #48
RiceRocket
AF Enthusiast

Yep

That is so true... those things handle like they're on rails even at high-speed... gotta love it!

AF TOFU CREW MEMBER #03 - First Rule of Tofu Crew is You don't talk about the Tofu Crew!
Old 10-02-2001, 02:54 PM   #49
SCMachine
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to SCMachine Send a message via AIM to SCMachine Send a message via Yahoo to SCMachine
230 km/h in Jaguar S-Type 4.0

i've pushed my dads s-type to 230, thats as brave as i was, i've gotten my 2001 Yukon Denali to 170 km/h
Old 10-02-2001, 03:57 PM   #50
ragt20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ragt20
120 in my stock P11 GT

Old 10-03-2001, 09:54 PM   #51
kidkaotik
AF Newbie

i've maxed out the speedometer at 145, needle resting on the other side.....car was screaming and hung rock solid....oh the beauty of awesome suspension!
Ground Control Coilovers
Tokiko Illumina Shocks

"Mess with the best, die like the rest"
Old 10-04-2001, 12:01 PM   #52
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Damn rich poseurs!
Old 10-04-2001, 02:40 PM   #53
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: 230 km/h in Jaguar S-Type 4.0

Quote:
Originally posted by SCMachine
i've pushed my dads s-type to 230, thats as brave as i was, i've gotten my 2001 Yukon Denali to 170 km/h
where do you live in waterloo? you might live close to me
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-05-2001, 12:40 AM   #54
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
i've had my 89lude si up to 136, which is pretty much the limit by gears... redline is 6800, and the gearing for 130 is 6500rpm... do the math... this was from some old fucker in a taurus sho that got pissed at me cuz i pulled the 100mph fly by, so he tried catchin me, but he let off at 120... and i kept goin... hehehe

the other car worth noting is my mom's then new villager, which i drove when i was sixteen... had it up to 120, and the bitch was solid... granted, it is a maxima w/ a van on it... so it handles awesome, but it was really solid...
Old 10-10-2001, 11:19 AM   #55
Nemisis626
AF Newbie

Hi all, am i the only UK speedfreak here?

I've driven plenty of cars fast but the fastest was 145mph in an old Jenson Intercepter, took awhile to get there cos the thing must have weighed like 2 ton . solid car, big ass engine and the fuel gauge went like a rev counter , at best the thing did like 8 miles to the gallon and thats when they were new. Car i have now is a stock UK Spec Mazda 626 2.0L GXI. I asked Mazda the Bhp and they told me 138Bhp which is cool, a real sleeper. Last night did 124mph which upset the Merc E300 that lost his bottle at 115 ish No cops Thankgod:sun:

UK laws are bad for taking away your license for getting caught doing over 100 so i was lucky ( so why do i keep doing it )

I Lived in Germay for a few years. NO SPEED LIMITS :smoker2: but thats another story.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:53 PM   #56
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: Hi all, am i the only UK speedfreak here?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemisis626
Last night did 124mph which upset the Merc E300
you mean E320? or was it an old benz?
Old 10-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #57
Tuarus SHO
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by flylwsi
i've had my 89lude si up to 136, which is pretty much the limit by gears... redline is 6800, and the gearing for 130 is 6500rpm... do the math... this was from some old fucker in a taurus sho that got pissed at me cuz i pulled the 100mph fly by, so he tried catchin me, but he let off at 120... and i kept goin... hehehe

the other car worth noting is my mom's then new villager, which i drove when i was sixteen... had it up to 120, and the bitch was solid... granted, it is a maxima w/ a van on it... so it handles awesome, but it was really solid...
Well I am a young fucker in a taurus sho, and I wouldn't have let off. Where are you from, I have raced a little honda on the freeway once, but it must not have been you, because he let off at about 115. I kept going to see what the taurus could do- got up to about 141-3. Didn't feel like I was going over 50mph.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:31 AM   #58
Nemisis626
AF Newbie

Hey Gang$star yeh you must be right E320 but to be honest i dont like Mercs that much and i couldnt read all the numbers specially when they was in my rear view mirror:sun:

And by the way dosent FORD stand for F***ing 'Orrible Rusty Dustbin??

It was a joke so dont get all protective and shit lol
Old 10-11-2001, 08:27 AM   #59
Rich
Never Fear, Rich is here!

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Got my Caprice up to around 180Km/h (I'm just guessing here.). Now don't laugh because the speedometer only goes up to 140Km/h, and the needle was completly buried. [I couldnt even see it at all ] It made me feel like I was flying cause of burying the needle, but the car did pull for quite a while, and i know the 305ci 5.0L will do about 160Km/h, (limited I think) and mine is a 350ci 5.7L with the limiter removed, so im just guessing. I was gonna get a friend to come beside me in there car but most of my other friends wouldnt be able to hang with me with there slow-ass trucks and lower geared cars.

I can remember the days of fun when it used to be me and my best friend in my old Mazda 323 1.6L going down a really long, sloping hill on the highway with a tailwind and me flooring it, and the car just screaming, it was shaking lots and we were barely doing over 140Km/h. Its no wonder that car bagged out :smoka:
Old 10-11-2001, 01:04 PM   #60
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
There are old(er) merc's that are 300. I have seen them parked, so I'm sure they exist.

Jensons are monsters! Didnt they have American V8's?? And you british people are really under-powered. Sorry, its true. Here 138hp would get you laughed at. But you do handle better and are generally more fun to drive.

Oh, I might be getting an 88 Prelude. Its a long story, but if I do get it, it will be totally free! We'll see.

Fastest I've driven is 140kph, not bad considering I'm 15 (no license).