Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #61
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
trust me even if you can find a raver forum, someone will bitch at your particular style of techno, or at your favorite drink to go with your extacy, or because you dont wear enough childrens beads.

lighten up its not that serious. calm down. noone was attacking you personally.

if you cant handle a little constructive criticism this is definitely not the place for you. good luck wherever you end up
kidrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 02:00 PM   #62
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Come on people lets get back on topic and stop :monkeypis around so the commen felling is civics are not worth it but what is? supras are around 20$ when i was looking at them and a little less and thats used thats to much money for my friend he needs somthing under 7,000 and then he will mod it. Hes not looking for anything awsome just some he can win races with until he can afford somthing nice
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:58 PM   #63
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Late model Supras are very pricey, but the older Supras still have a very strong inline 6 that handles boost very well.

The 240SX is a good pick, you can get them for fairly cheaply, around 4K in good condition, and spend another 3K rebuilding the engine. A built KA24DE should be able to make near 300hp, and they weight about 2800-2900 lbs. Good cars, they handle very well.

Just do a web search for the Supra. The latest ones, the MK IV (mark 4), are quite pricey and highly sought after. However, the earlier MKIIIs are almost as good, and much cheaper. If these are still out of your budget, a Celica Supra MKII can be had for a song, and can still offer very good performance on a budget. Check out the Supra and 240SX sections of the board, and do a little research on Supra/240SX boards...

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 04:00 PM   #64
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Oh yeah, always a good idea before deciding on a car... read the reviews, which for the the Supra, are absolutely spectacular.

http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Toyota_Supra.html

Mark II Celica Supra, based off Celica, but with inline 6 cylinder
http://www.celicasupra.com/gallery.htm

Mark III Supra

http://www.dreamwater.org/auto/mk3su.../pictures.html

This is really a great car that doesn't get enough recognition. It's capable of awesome performance, but at the same time is incredibly reliable. Oh yeah, they also make a million body kits for these things...

Old 09-20-2002, 04:27 PM   #65
StageIII_TurboZ
AF Newbie

The only honduh i would even consider owning would be the S2000. I'n my opinion, if you're not gonna go with a domestic V8, is maybe an older 300ZX, supra, or DSM. The 84-89 300ZX really isn't that bad if you get a turbo model, they're not too heavy, they're easy to mod, and it's a RWD car, thats already faster stock than your average/basic mods honda. But thats just my opinion. (Stay away from the honduhs)
Borla Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
K & N Filter and intake w/ dual poppers, Apexi Boost Controller currently at 12-12.5psi, 3.73 gears, greenstuff brakes, 17 inch Z rated tires, suspension, and all guages are AutoMeter Guages if any1 cares.
(a magician never reveals his tricks....not ALL of them at least)
ALL THROTTLE, NO BOTTLE!! (pure power, not a bottle fed baby)

"Racing in a honda is like the special olympics....even if you win, your still retarded"

1987 300ZX : $3000
All Modifications : $5000
Stomping someone that paid 3X's more for a "fast" car: Priceless

StageIII_TurboZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 04:44 PM   #66
Cbass
AF Fanatic

I think he got the impression hondas are not for racing

Yeah, 300ZXs are a great choice as well. They go for very little nowadays, because they're older cars. They have really good performance potential. On a stock engine, add an intercooler and a boost controller, and you can make 275hp...

Lot's of people go after all these small displacement cars, and try to make them faster by throwing money at them, but the truth is, there's no replacement for displacement! A 3 liter motor, ala Supra or 300ZX has a lot more potential, especially when factory turbocharged. All you have to do is just beef up a few minor parts, like injectors and intercoolers, and raise the boost.

Old 09-20-2002, 05:17 PM   #67
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

I personally like the old sentra SE-Rs and 200SXs. Come stock with the famed SR-20 motor. They are pretty quick box stock, and you can build em up pretty easy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:25 PM   #68
bushman
AF Newbie

where can u get the new supras?
bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 05:17 PM   #69
Cbass
AF Fanatic

If by "new" you mean the MK IV, they're around. Import auto trader should have a couple. Be prepared to spend at least $25K on a good Supra though.

If by "new" you mean, the new Supra which they are finishing the body shape of right now, probably 2005/2006... A long time to wait, and it is going to be naturally aspirated, probably with the Lexus 4.3 liter V8, and the inline 6 as a base engine.

Old 09-28-2002, 11:25 AM   #70
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
aww... no turbo sucks.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:10 PM   #71
G-ealousy
AF Enthusiast

A lot of people try and make fun of those of us who find enjoyment in making a car faster. I like it when I hear people brag that their V8 will beat my car. I always want to say "DUH, Really? I wouldn't have thought that...duh...." The people that act like a 4 cylinder car is simply an economy car simply don't understand car classes. I find that train of thought to be the equivalant of somebody trying to argue that Nascar is stupid, because there's formula cars out there that will smoke a Nascar. Well, ya, duh.. of course it would. it's 2 totally different cars. That's no different then a civic vs. a mustang. Of course the mustang will win, it's got almost 3 times the engine in it. But somone in a Civic wouldn't race a Mustang, it wouldn't make sense. However, that same person in the Civic steps up to a Integra or a G20 or any 4 cyl out there, now you have a race. As for draggin, I totally agree, if that's what you're lookin for, then you should get a big car with a V8. But if your lookin for road speed, handling, and a fun car to modify, then a Civic really can't be beat. They have more parts for those cars then any other car on the road, minus an Accord.. A list of cars that I'd recommend would be:

90-95 Accord
90-98 Civic
94-up Integra
92-96 G20 (infiniti)
97- up Sentra

I would steer clear of Talon's/Eclipse's, because they have timing belt issues, and unless the person that owned it was very good at maintaining the car, they've probably broken a belt and the engine's gonna have problems if it already doesn't.

The G20 (nissan primera over seas) is a solid 2.0 n/a here in America.That's why I bought it. Over seas they have a variety, including the turbo edition. This is my 2nd G. They use a chain instead of a belt for the timing, so you shouldn't really ever have timing issues. And it's a very solid block, used for the SR20DET engine, capable of handling 205 horses + with the turbo, but in America they come stock with 140-145 horses....

Integras are cheap. Even the 3rd generations, if the year is low enough (94-95) and is a solid foundation for some tuning as well.

The Civic is good, with an engine swap, but that's always a pain, and I haven't had a friend yet that has swapped an engine and not had problems with it. though I'm sure theres some on AF that haven't had problems.

Just my 2 cents as well....

26,122 miles as of March 3, 2004
My real name is Kaizer Soze, but my friends call me Nick...
G-ealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:46 PM   #72
Coal
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Coal Send a message via Yahoo to Coal
Hey Cbass, a built 240 with the KA can make a lot more than 300hp

http://www.executivecleancar.com/240/

Check out his dyno sheets! I'm dead sure you could probably get it a bit higher than that too.
Coal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:22 AM   #73
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Yeah, but I'd only want about 300hp for that car. I decided it would be more fun to try an 86 with a 20V engine.

As for your post g-ealousy, I'll quote Terminal Velocity on this one...

Quote:
Originally posted by TerminalVelocity
hahaha...honda...oh my,...

Old 09-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #74
G-ealousy
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
As for your post g-ealousy, I'll quote Terminal Velocity on this one...
hahaha...honda...oh my,...
Have you ever even owned a new Honda? I have... I'm speaking from experience... where is the information forming your opinion coming from??

26,122 miles as of March 3, 2004
My real name is Kaizer Soze, but my friends call me Nick...
G-ealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 02:33 PM   #75
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Every knows civics are not worth it IF YOU WANT TO RACE (well mybe not the people in the honda forums) but let me guess you either dont care about street racing which then i chould see your point they are great cars for getting to point A to point B but if you are trying to say they are good racers your out of your mind just look at the damn info i just dont get how people can just ignor the facts. The people how like civics like i said dont care about racing or its there first car in which case no matter what your first car is you are going to think its the bomb thats just human nature.

Bottem line Civics ARE NOT RACERS (unless you drop an insane amount of cash)
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote