Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 05:29 PM   #16
whprelude
AF Enthusiast

and all those freaks in their celicas drive like they have a turbo underneath their hood:hehe:
-Wings West RS Series Sides/Rear
-Iceman CAI
-DC Sports short shifter
-Stage 1 clutch
-Apexi megaphone dunk
-Jdm headlights w/blk housing
-18" RS Limited
-J Power cross drilled rotors
-mirror tint
-tail covers
Old 04-06-2002, 09:53 AM   #17
imp0rted1
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to imp0rted1
tru dat.. i'd say 99% of the action packages are gt's .. but it is possible to get the gts with the action package.. tho very rare..
Old 04-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #18
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
theres an action package GT-S here in lawrence for sale and they want 26k for it. rediculous
Old 04-06-2002, 01:12 PM   #19
BlkCamaroSS
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BlkCamaroSS
That Celica kidrocket told about has been sitting on the lot since the beginning of last fall, at the same price. We picked up the SS for $26k when it was four months old, which would you have chosen?

Justin
2001 Camaro SS #2239 of 6332
1/4 mile time: 13.575 @ 105.55 mph, 60' time: 2.276
307.1 rwhp, 330.1 rwtq = 353.2 hp, 379.5 lb ft torque
Options: SLP Front Grille w/ SS Center Logo, 17" ZR1 Chrome rims, 6 speed, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Monsoon 500 Watt Sound System, T-tops, 1LE Performance Suspension
Mods: Holley PS Air Filter, SLP Air Box Lid w/ Mr. Ed's pipe fix, SLP CAI, SLP Bellows, SLP LM, SLP Y-pipe, SLP 160 Thermo, SLP Temp Module, SLP STB, KBDD SFC
Old 04-06-2002, 05:18 PM   #20
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Re: Action package celica drivers suck nuts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda Boy
...who could barely see over the steering wheel(im only 5'7, so i know hes damn short!)
Maybe he was too short to push the pedal all the way down...
Old 04-06-2002, 11:13 PM   #21
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
You guys talk a lot of sh*t about Toyota. First off I don't know what you've heard, but you got it backwards. The Celica action package is a dealership offer for the GT-S, and you can get it ordered for the GT.... Not the other way around. I've already seen like four GTS in one day with action packages, seen the engines, seen the badging. Oh and the GTS that Car and Driver ran 16 flat on, had a premature 7500 rpm limiter that was a glitch in the car's ecu. How fast would GSR's be if you had to shift at 7300 rpm in every gear?
Oh and like I said, it's not the hp that makes a GTS fast, it's the close ratio'd six speed tranny.
A Celica GTS stock with the 78-7900 rpm limiter that it's supposed to have will run an easy 14.9-15.0 flat in the 1/4 with interior and stock tires. My guess is that the guy didn't know what the heck he was doing. This is why I almost beat an Integra GSR in the 1/8th when I was stock with my slow a$$ car... The other guy said he was dropping the clutch at 2,000 rpm flat because he didn't want to peel out for a long time. (what a dumba$$)
In a Celica GTS if you don't drop the clutch at anything about 4500 rpm, you're looking at 8.2 0-60 and 15.9/15.8 1/4 mile time. oh and the Celica GT runs 15.8 at the 1/4. .1 of a second slower than the 160 hp Civic Si. I said I didn't like the GTS because it's over-rated, but I never said that it's slow. It's slow the majority of the time because no one knows how to drive it. The only Honda/Acura that can take it STOCK FOR STOCK... Is an RSX Type S, (maybe) Integra Type R, NSX and S2000.
They CAN be very fast if you put the right driver behind the wheel of one. My friend's ran consistent 15.1's stock at the track. Once on a real good day, (temperature, engine condition) he ran 14.9, his is a stock 2000.
The Car And Driver times for the 2000 factory sold Celica GTS is 0-60 in 6.8 and 14.8 at the 1/4
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:35 AM   #22
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Yeh i agree with S2corolla. Hey i work at Toyota and they do have the action package gt-s model. I'm not a big fan of new skool cars ...ANY cars but i do love the ALL TRAC CELICA and the 2tc and 3tc engines OH those are my favorite toyotas. Yes the celicas arent' that quick and yes the price on the action package is pretty damn high and the dealer that i work at doesn't carry them. Well you can only order it cause they don't want to take up space on the lot I belive that Honda Boy beat that celica cause of his swap. Thats whats so great about swappin is that you have the rite car cause of its weight and the rite engine cause of its power to help the lighter weight car be much quicker. Hey i know this Puerto Rican dude that has the twin cam gt-s '89 corolla. Its my friend's friend and he wanted me to race him. Lets just say i had to give up on 2nd gear I have no clue what that guy did to his car but that shit was quick!!! Oh and his bro has a i think a '78 corolla 2tc engine in it and he runs 11's constantly. SO yeh corollas aren't bad at all...i don't like the new ones though..just my opinion ..no offense S2corolla. Well anyways nice race Honda Boy.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:42 AM   #23
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

dude I watched my friend burn a celica GT in his bone stock 1990 integra GS auto, riding 3 deep, and im sure that teg doesnt run a 15.8
Old 04-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #24
S2Corolla
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S2Corolla
Yeah don't worry about it. I'm in the process of getting an Integra GSR or a 5th Gen Prelude. I was gonna get an RSX Type S, but with 4,000 down I'd rather have REALLY low monthly payments, the RSX can wait until I pay off whatever DOHC Vtec I get. I mean don't get me wrong, it would be nice to get a Celica GTS or a Se-R Spec V.... But I drove both, and I drove a GSR a lot, and I drove a Prelude a couple of times. Nothing gives you a better feeling that chirping second gear in a B18C or an H22A. Seeing a 5.0's headlights in the side mirror as you pull third gear in a GSR is a great feeling. Getting slapped in the face by the Se-R's 6100 RPM limiter isn't a good feeling. Having an Integra GSR staying a car length ahead of you during an entire race behind the wheel of a GTS isn't a good feeling either. I mean every time I shifted my friend, the owner of the GTS said, "Don't worry you'll get him in this gear..." But no, that GSR stayed ahead. The whole way...
But driving a GSR and taking out an IROC is a great feeling. Racing a Prelude against a b16 hatch and winning is a great feeling.
Chirping third gear with the sound of the third rocker arm letting that cam lobe open her up is a GREAT feeling.
Current Mods: P&P head, custom cold air intake.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #25
zzt231alljapan
AF Newbie

all u guys w/hondas are the same, u swear hondas are the best...i own a 01 gts, and reality is gsr, si(oh please),or preludes could not even touch a celica...i know this from experience.i've seen s2000s get smoked by a gts,not once ,but twice.if u ever go out to races...u know what im talking about.gts puts 3hps shy to the wheels than a honda itr,in a car body lighter than a civic coupe.ur talking about a yamaha developed 1.8l vvtli engine w/11:5 compression matted to a close ratio 6speed tranny vs. an ancient b series motor...unlesss it is turbo or spend mad $$$ on internals, its not gonna happen!!!:o :finger4:
Old 05-08-2002, 10:19 AM   #26
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

you make me laugh. A stock celica couldnt run 14 flat with god behind the wheel. thats what the S2k runs. and if youre comparing a modded celica, whoopdy shit, there are modded hondas that will beat S2ks as well.

If Si's are not worthy to waste gas on, ive walked on several GT-S celicas, one of them was modded quite nicely too.

Us guys w/ hondas?

stick around and youll learn that probably only about half of us in here drive hondas, and aside from a few bad seeds, we dont care who makes it if its fast.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:19 AM   #27
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Quote:
Originally posted by kidrocket
you make me laugh. A stock celica couldnt run 14 flat with god behind the wheel. thats what the S2k runs. and if youre comparing a modded celica, whoopdy shit, there are modded hondas that will beat S2ks as well.

If Si's are not worthy to waste gas on, ive walked on several GT-S celicas, one of them was modded quite nicely too.

Us guys w/ hondas?

stick around and youll learn that probably only about half of us in here drive hondas, and aside from a few bad seeds, we dont care who makes it if its fast.
I think i know why the s2000 got smoked. Well i've been hearin that they are very hard to launch? Anyways if you can drive an s2000 theres no way a celica can beat it. I work at a toyota dealer and i've driven the gt-s before its pretty quick but not fast.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:30 AM   #28
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

that may be, but that doesnt make the celica fast, it makes the S2K driver stupid.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:33 AM   #29
mellowboy
Amy dragged me here...

Quote:
Originally posted by kidrocket
that may be, but that doesnt make the celica fast, it makes the S2K driver stupid.
Yeh thats very true.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:13 PM   #30
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by S2Corolla
You guys talk a lot of sh*t about Toyota.
I jus talk shit about Corollas and Celicas. Toyota makes good cars, but get real, the Supra is the only car that Toyota makes that can truly be called a sports car, besides the recent line of Toyota cars are just plain ugly.

Oh, and I am a little shady on your 1/4 numbers there. I HIGHLY doubt that they can 14.8 in the 1/4 mile and 6.8 0-60. Someone at Car & Driver must be smoking crack, because I have race A LOT of Celcia GTS's and they don't stand a chance, and the numbers you are posting are around what my car runs, slightly slower, and those GTS's can't even keep up with me.

Where did I leave that BS flag.