Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #106
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

i beat down a riced out honda accord and scared the shit outa him. Id been just cruising for a while, he was tailgating me for a bit, then did a fly by, i just ignored him cause i know theirs alot of cops on this road, and like im gonna risk it for a rice kill. Anways get to a part where their usually isnt any cops and i let it open up and take off. He soon follows and we get stopped at a light. Now mind you, this is the first time ive dont a stop launch with my B&M shiftplus kit, it also disables the traction control. So i knew i was gonna spin like hell, but i just wanted to scare this kid. So i punched it, and started to spin, and spin, and spin, the peel out lasted for about 7 seconds untill i regained traction, the whole time the race was actually close, but by the time i regained, i quickly put 2-3 cars on him by 70 MPH and let off. Next light he didnt want to race. . .LOL

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:06 AM   #107
SpeedDemon101
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpeedDemon101

damn kids in those stock cavys thinking theyre da shizznit
Old 02-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #108
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

lol that's what happened to me the other day...a cavalier floored it on me at a light...i barely hit the gas and stayed a nose infront...then the dumbass started sliding into me cuz there was snow on the road (hence why I didn't just blow him away and waste much gas)...he gets within like 2 inches of my side mirror, and finally figures out to let go of the gas...the whole time i'm thinking wtf there's snow, u have a slow ugly car, and u have 2 ppl in the car with u...whats the point? so maybe one of u cavalier owners could tell me what goes thru ur heads when u want to race/are racing a sports car.
Twizted_3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:21 AM   #109
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2roamaz
Had my 2nd race, first loss tonight with my Tiburon. Messed around with a Civic that sounded like it had a fart can and 4 spare tires on. Hit a red light, gunned it when it went green. I jumped ahead and stayed a few feet ahead of him till about 3rd gear. Smashed it into fourth and his ass flew past me and got me by about 1 1/2 car lengths at 75mph. Can we say sleeper?! Fun shit though.

Doubt it...a VTEC civ would be faster than ur Hyundai w/ BPU's maybe w/o.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:28 AM   #110
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted_3KGT
Doubt it...a VTEC civ would be faster than ur Hyundai w/ BPU's maybe w/o.
mmm that's a pretty brash statement, considering there are VTEC civics that have 127 hp And even an Si would have a problem beating a V-6 tib, hell I think it would be a pretty close race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #111
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted_3KGT
lol that's what happened to me the other day...a cavalier floored it on me at a light...i barely hit the gas and stayed a nose infront...then the dumbass started sliding into me cuz there was snow on the road (hence why I didn't just blow him away and waste much gas)...he gets within like 2 inches of my side mirror, and finally figures out to let go of the gas...the whole time i'm thinking wtf there's snow, u have a slow ugly car, and u have 2 ppl in the car with u...whats the point? so maybe one of u cavalier owners could tell me what goes thru ur heads when u want to race/are racing a sports car.
maybe cause my slow cavalier runs mid 14's, soon to be low 14's to high 13's. YOu really think your 3000GT is the shit dont you? Id seriously like to race you and blow your doors off and watch you cry on cause you just got beat by the car you bash all the time.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #112
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd
Re: Re: Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
maybe cause my slow cavalier runs mid 14's, soon to be low 14's to high 13's. YOu really think your 3000GT is the shit dont you? Id seriously like to race you and blow your doors off and watch you cry on cause you just got beat by the car you bash all the time.
i'm pretty sure that wasn't directed towards boosted cavaliers, and i'd love to see that too

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:16 PM   #113
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Re: Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jayson-
Sorry to burst your bubble Jayson, but his 3KGT runs about high 14's stock. Simple bolt-ons could put him pretty even with you, if not better than you granted he may be a good driver. I don't know that. I read your Cardomain page, and according to it, you ran a 14.7 with a near perfect shift .5-something-something. It wouldn't be likely that you could just blow his doors off, but I think it would be a really good race either way.

And Twisted, not all cavy drivers are what you claim them to be. Saying what you did earlier goes to show that you are making 3KGT drivers look like cocky SOB's. Every gender of cars has it's idiots and dumbasses. Civics, Tegs, Cavys, Mustangs, you get the idea. Don't be making such assumptions about all drivers. Now simmer down, and don't turn this into some kinda flame war. Just post your races, because the idea is to keep this thread alive as long as possible, and maintain a balance. L8...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:03 PM   #114
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

my tax return gets mailed on march 11th, ive already got my B&M Shiftplus installed and its made a big difference in the car. The smaller pulley and im betting a 13.9-14.2 1320.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #115
Aerowitz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aerowitz Send a message via Skype™ to Aerowitz

Man, I don't know when my check's coming in, but it's going to my "VR6 Turbo Engine" fund ASAP.

Why the hell did I lose 4 posts? I had 200 on Friday, and today I started with 196. Maybe I should check my old threads...

Aerowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #116
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

SlowRegal deleted a thread you posted in.

And Twisted, CivRacer is correct, tone it down, bashing other people's cars isn't going to get you on anybody's good side.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #117
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

Im confused how I bashed ur car Jayson...I was talking about a Cavalier's in general...yours being the exception because it's the Eaton (correct?)...I realize your Cavalier is faster than my SL 3000GT...I dont think it's the shit...I actally want to get rid of it asap so I can buy the VR4 which I should have by late April. You're taking me all wrong here.

My opinion is my opinion, you can't change it. I don't think these things about the actual people, just the car's. I have plenty of friends that own cars that I bash on all the time, doesn't mean I think i'm better than they are. IMO anything above 14 sec is not fast...under 16 and ur quick..below 14 and ur fast to me..thats my opinion, deal with it

For the record since 2 ppl have now somehow appointed me the ambassador of the "F-body community" and the "3S community"...I don't represent everyone's opinion, this is my own opinion...if you can't handle it then tell me off, call me an asshole, or whatever makes you feel better...I can handle it and won't hold it against you.

*Edit: And since this is way off topic i'm not gonna continue to argue, if I have a race i'll post it but that's it.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #118
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

You're an asshole then J/K. L8...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #119
Drifty
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Drifty

this was a while back b-4 the hit and run in the srt-4,my brother told me to tail him to a speed shop so i can take him home after we leave his car to be worked on. so im tailing his sti nicely on the turnpike and i see theres a green diamante vr-4 that shoots by me and gets my bro's attention so my bro goes at it and didnt think much of it until they started to get a bus lengh on me then i punched it to catch up. and so i was about 1 1/2 cars behind my bro again and i see the diamante is still pestering him and i get a quick phone call from my bro saying " cacth me if you can !" Klick! and my bro's sti takes off with mad power that i leaves me and my buddy in shock and the diamante next to me, so i punch it to catch up again to my bro and on my right side i see a regular looking but ricey cavalier jumping in also. but his or should i say her efforts were thwarted when me and the diamante picked up speed. and when i got to 105 the diamante just started to shut-off. and so did i because i saw my bro getting off at the exit and so i followed him off. and the diamante tryed to pull a ricer fly by and he notice that we got off on the exit real cool race for my bro.

"When in doubt there is no doubt" - Robert DeNiro
Drifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:44 PM   #120
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

that is a cool race, id love to se a SRT4 and an STi going at it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing