Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 09:21 PM   #91
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexB
NASCAR is a bunch of filthy down-south rednecks running their POS cars in circles. I personally enjoy what they have in europe -- rallies, Formula, and tricked out sedan racing, etc. I love it every summer I'm there I spend half the time watching Eurosport with my cousins.
Hey! I happen to like Stock car racing and I am no redneck. I prefer to really only watch the road courses though.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:33 PM   #92
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
I'm talking about the drivers being rednecks. And anyway I'll watch it for 5 minutes now and then especially when there's accidents or pit problems
Old 12-19-2001, 10:45 PM   #93
dirty30ex
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dirty30ex
i hate the term RICE... there is no definition of the word and everyone uses it differently.. i use it as an attitude... "my civic is better than your cavalier cause its a civic" that sorta thing... or the stickers and wing and kit but no go... (unless is a show car.. then its ok.. cause its a SHOW car)... and angry weed wacker cat backs...

domestics can be just as good if not better than imports... some imports (accords and some civics i think) arent even imported... camarys (not a great example but its the point that counts) are made in the midwest.... if my cavie had as many options as a civc for easy bolt ons and mods id be doin 150 too... as is its rev and speed limited so its crippled b4 the start...

All your cavalier needs wrapped up
in one compact little bundle...

AIM handle - EnderXenocideSB
drop a line... forums are so slow...
Old 12-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #94
megadragoon
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to megadragoon
whoever said to race a modded viper and a modded civic...

I downloaded a clip on grokster with a viper and civic racing. Let's just say the viper got it's ass handed to it.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:41 AM   #95
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
Yeah, i heard about that clip, ive also heard from a loooooooooooooot of people that it was faked up the ass..........i havent seen it for myself so im not sure, do you have a title or link or anything we could use to find it?
Old 12-20-2001, 11:57 AM   #96
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexB
I'm talking about the drivers being rednecks. And anyway I'll watch it for 5 minutes now and then especially when there's accidents or pit problems
Hehe, oh now thats true.
Old 12-20-2001, 12:02 PM   #97
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Screw NASCAR

Rallying, AutoX, and Road Racing are where its at
Old 12-20-2001, 12:40 PM   #98
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

I'm not a big nascar fan either, and some of their drivers may be rednecks, but...You have to give them credit. Keeping your fender 6 inches from the guys bumper in front of you, all the while going around a banked turn at almost 200mph takes alot of concentration and skill. The guys are exceptional at what they do to say the least.

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 12-20-2001, 02:52 PM   #99
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Hmm, yeah, i think you need some credit too......lol.......joining AF around the same time i did and having almost twice as many posts as me! BASTARD!
Old 12-20-2001, 03:56 PM   #100
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

Mmmuuhaaahaaahaa...

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 12-30-2001, 03:52 AM   #101
smQQth98gs
AF Newbie

the thing that pisses me off about the import scene is the fact that owners seem to have so many options to modify them but often do not take advantage. i get so tired of seeing these punks in otherwise stock civics covered in stickers for things they don't have, or body kits, thinking they have a fast car. i've smoked countless hondas decked out like this in my lo pro regal. they look over and see a grocery-getter, and then it eats their asses! make no mistake, i'm not dissin the cars--most imports are works of technological art--my problem is the idiots that often buy them, "fix them up" like this and then try to race me. it gives true import enthusiasts a bad name. if you're planning to be cocky in an import, at least be able to back up your stickers!!! personally, i love the sleeper look--no show and ALL GO! true, my regal is nearly stock, but i do have big plans for it in the near future, and i don't talk any shit that i can't back up. for sure, i rarely talk shit at all, just let the car speak for itself. it won't beat a v8 stang *pukes on himself* but it will surprise the hell out of a lot of comparable cars. this is what so many "import racers" are missing. i can't remember half the hondas i've smoked, but they WILL remember me!

so before the hate mail starts coming in, if you are a true import enthusiast who takes pride in how your car performs before how it looks, then good for you. you have my respect. but if you happen to be one of these little shits in an "all show, no go" civic or other import that i smoke on a daily basis, you can go slam your head in the door of that car you love to show off, because it will hurt a lot less than getting killed by my grannymobile!!! you shouldn't be in this forum if you're not interested in true performance.:finger:
Old 12-30-2001, 04:55 AM   #102
VW_Redliner
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to VW_Redliner
High school wanna bees

I hate all people that goto my school pretty much. I have an 86 jetta. It's got some power to it. But I don't brag about it. I love looking at the asian kids with the hondas at my school. No offesense to Asians. Most of my friends are Asain. There is one guy at my school with a respectable import. He has a 300ZX. Well actaully 2 but it's this guy with a prelude. What a waste. They race their cars. They don't come to school and talk about the night before and about how they raced and that stuff. But on the other hand. I know all these fools with their Civics and Accords and Integras. These bums rev their motors and stuff in the lot. Fools. They have and exhuast not even Kat back and some have an occasoinal intake. These retards think they can feel the difference in horse power. I would like to say NO. Big deal if you have an exhuast. So do I. I have a Schrick cam in my car too. Next month I'm installing a new air intake that has a pipe under the air DAM. Does anyone give a shit? NO. Do I rev my engine in the lot? NO. I'm trying to build a nice car with out looking like a punk ass wanna bee. So all you ricers out there with exhuast and intake that think they are street racers you all are a bunch of fake ass no ones. Come to my neighbors house and race his M3 and then tell me you are a street racer. PEACE dub for life if you got a prob write about in the thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side view.jpg (95.5 KB, 242 views)
Old 01-02-2002, 03:18 AM   #103
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
okay heres what i hate the most. people with these civics and crap like that that think theyre so fast cuz they got a muffler and a bodykit and clear blinkers. i would consider myself an import person, my car is an almost stock 2002 impreza, its not fast, it runs high 14s in the 1/4, an easy kill for any newer z28 or gt, but its not slow either, as i can beat prob any new car for its price. but when i go race these rice boys, i kill them so badly its not funny, and my car is almost stock. i would also consider myself a street racer, but i dont go revving at everyone and racing through traffic till i almost rear end the people in front of me, and i hate it when people do that as well, and thats not just imports that do that. i also hate it when the import people diss domestic sport compacts just cuz theyre domestic, a 140 hp focus zx3 will easily kill a 160hp civic si, believe me i have seen it many of times.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:13 PM   #104
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, omg, a bunch of fucking morons in my class (ones a really ditsy blonde girl who i think has a domestic) was all like "yeah! im gettin eurotails next week!!!!!!!" and she was all freakin, and all the people in the class were talking about em........and of course they were all talking about how the Fast and the Furious came out today and who they were all gonna get it because it was such a badass movie and it was realistic (no joke, they said that) i was like "oh my god"

and this morning on the bus......one teen was like "yeah! my dads 60's mustang runs 11.....and he doesnt use NOS!!!!!" like it was some godlike thing for a 60s domestic to be fast without nitrous.......oh my god i live in dumbassville
Old 01-02-2002, 03:19 PM   #105
Caddy_Daddy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Caddy_Daddy
The only thing i hate about street racing is that anybody that buys a intake and a muffler think that they can race anything...oh and also they got stickers from every hi performance part made..but only got an intake and clear tail lights..