Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 02:30 AM   #76
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

I might be mistaken, but isn't this a racing forum? This isn't an import forum, a domestic forum, sport compact, turbo diesel dualie super cab, or any of the aforementioned, it is a RACING forum........so the car doesn't really matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Old 12-16-2001, 09:37 AM   #77
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Yea man making your own performance car shows skill -- not buying it! It also shows your creativeness and reflects your personality from how you trick your car out. What's buying a performance car and not tweaking with it show? It shows lack of character and it just shows you want to show off and look with it while in real life you dont know jack shit about it. Everyone has stangs, vettes, and f-bodies. There's nothing exciting about them anymore since they're domestic and mass-produced.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:39 AM   #78
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

And I'd like to point out this forum is being sponsored by Import Thugs.com

I came here thinking it would be import-only
Old 12-16-2001, 11:05 AM   #79
amxracer
AF Newbie

good point alex, im stick and tired of looking at stangs(which i cant stand!) vettes and f-bods. if im cruisin and my friends like check out that stang or even brand new vette, im not excited but if i see a decked out import im into it.
Old 12-16-2001, 11:07 AM   #80
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by amxracer
good point alex, im stick and tired of looking at stangs(which i cant stand!) vettes and f-bods. if im cruisin and my friends like check out that stang or even brand new vette, im not excited but if i see a decked out import im into it.
I would have to agree there to an extent. I have driving and seeing the same old cars they don't interest me such as the Stangs and the Vettes. If I see and import that looks pretty nice it intersts me. What I really like to see though are good old muscle cars that you don't see very often.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:34 PM   #81
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

A bunch of posers/know-nothings are just fudging up the import scene and giving it a bad rep. Most ricers out there don't even have major engine modifications because the owner is either too ignorant or too poor.... or too stupid to realize that his car is actually a POS slow poser ricer. A "real" ricer would be something with a highly modified engine, a screaming forced intake system, a racing-oriented suspension, and a racing-style interior -- not the civics with body kits.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:14 AM   #82
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Quote:
Originally posted by NB8CT

I beg to differ, I am just as tired of hondas as the next guy, but take a look at the civic type R, integra type R, accord type R, and various SiR cars and I think that you will see that they are not just people movers, but well rounded performance orientated cars that can be just as fun as any high price car.
Point well taken. Perhaps I was a bit hasty and worded my post a bit wrong. Oh hell, I forgot what I was trying to say :sun: But any how, I agree, this may be a little off base but take Need For Speed: High Stakes for PC. You can download all kinds of cars but the one I have the most fun driving is, ironicly, the Integra type R. I enjoy driving it for just the reasons you mentioned, but first and formost, its a well rounded car. However, because I don't live in a very large city, the majority of imports I see are your classic rice. Accords, civics, integras, hell even neons and saturns with body kits, fart cans, and nothing else. However I did see a nice red Supra TT yesterday..... mmmmmm not ricy *Drifts off into dreamland*
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 12-17-2001, 11:39 AM   #83
blacksnake98
AF Enthusiast

My biggest beef with import guys is probably their closed mindedness. It seems to me that most, not all mind you, think that since they have chosen an import, that it is their duty to rag on anything domestic. I consider myself an auto enthusiast, and can appreciate anyones time, money and hard work they have put into their vehicle, whether it be import or domestic. I do not like an abundance of stickers, tall wings, big tail pipes or what have you, but it is not my vehicle to modify. It's your money, your car, do as you please. I have seen plenty of imports that I thought were tastefully done, nice automobiles. I probably hear and read more negative comments than just about anyone. For some reason, it seems as though the majority can't fathom someone buying a POS Cobra. But this is my money, my time, and I don't need some 16 year old kid telling me that Ford sucks, Honda rules, and that he could run circles around me if he has some Nawssss.

1991 LX - 8.36 @ 83.13...1.82 60'
Shooting for 8.10's or better w/ stock heads, a shit cam and a factory production intake.

Old 12-17-2001, 11:48 AM   #84
Polygon
The Red Baron

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by blacksnake98
My biggest beef with import guys is probably their closed mindedness. It seems to me that most, not all mind you, think that since they have chosen an import, that it is their duty to rag on anything domestic. I consider myself an auto enthusiast, and can appreciate anyones time, money and hard work they have put into their vehicle, whether it be import or domestic. I do not like an abundance of stickers, tall wings, big tail pipes or what have you, but it is not my vehicle to modify. It's your money, your car, do as you please. I have seen plenty of imports that I thought were tastefully done, nice automobiles. I probably hear and read more negative comments than just about anyone. For some reason, it seems as though the majority can't fathom someone buying a POS Cobra. But this is my money, my time, and I don't need some 16 year old kid telling me that Ford sucks, Honda rules, and that he could run circles around me if he has some Nawssss.
Very well said.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:40 PM   #85
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
I feel the same way about some domestic guys, and that no matter what an import does (looks, performance, etc.) will always talk it down becuase they feel like they are going against their "domestic roots". There are also import people who won't go against their "import roots" also, I agree with that. I think most people with imports don't hate domestics (hey I almost bought a red '65 GTO for my first car instead of my miata) it is just what we like. I know it goes the other way too. I had a guy pull up to me in a WS6 at a redlight and start talking to me, he commented on how nice my car was, and said he was thinking about getting an import. I said, but dude your WS6 could wack tons on shitty imports. He replied: yea but I want style, not just speed.
Old 12-17-2001, 01:23 PM   #86
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by NB8CT

I feel the same way about some domestic guys, and that no matter what an import does (looks, performance, etc.) will always talk it down becuase they feel like they are going against their "domestic roots". There are also import people who won't go against their "import roots" also, I agree with that. I think most people with imports don't hate domestics (hey I almost bought a red '65 GTO for my first car instead of my miata) it is just what we like. I know it goes the other way too. I had a guy pull up to me in a WS6 at a redlight and start talking to me, he commented on how nice my car was, and said he was thinking about getting an import. I said, but dude your WS6 could wack tons on shitty imports. He replied: yea but I want style, not just speed.
Thats true, the steet goes both ways. Each side has it's ignorant jerks. Glad I'm not one of them.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:44 PM   #87
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Quote:
I don't need some 16 year old kid telling me that Ford sucks, Honda rules, and that he could run circles around me if he has some Nawssss.
I feal ya blacksnake, I hate all that tripe. Personaly I don't like all this recent talk of NOS, fuck NOS. My love for cars grew from a love for bikes, sport bikes in particular and we had a term for these kinds of people, Squids. Myself, I like talk of twisties, latteral acceleration, and road gripping ability. NOS is fine if you wanna be a street drag racer, me personaly, I say take it to the roads, much more skill envolved there 'cause remember, who has the faster car is only half of who wins the race.

Peace, Love, and Internal Combustion
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 12-17-2001, 08:55 PM   #88
NB8CT
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonthrax
Myself, I like talk of twisties, latteral acceleration, and road gripping ability. NOS is fine if you wanna be a street drag racer, me personaly, I say take it to the roads, much more skill envolved there 'cause remember, who has the faster car is only half of who wins the race.
Fuck Yea!!! You shoulda heard what me freinds were saying when I sunk over 3k on just getting my car to handle like its on rails. They were like, you coulda used that on go fast parts, and I was dude those are go-fast parts. They understood once I took them for a ride and was takin turns at 50, without any tire squeal. To me racing in a straight line is fun, but true enjoyment is taking your car onto a roadcourse and really seeing what your car can do. I'm sorry i may get a bunch of shit for saying this, but NASCAR is not racing!! I could turn left all day long in the parking lot of my school, sound like fun; NO! True racing are things like F1, and WRC Rally(those are the most talented driver on this earth). I mean it does not take much talent to turn left for 3 hours. Thats why I like to watch NASCAR when they go onto roadcourses like Sears Point, they dont know what hell they are doing!!! Anyway, I'm done. Sorry if I just pissed you NASCAR fans off, but oh well.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:00 PM   #89
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

NASCAR is a bunch of filthy down-south rednecks running their POS cars in circles. I personally enjoy what they have in europe -- rallies, Formula, and tricked out sedan racing, etc. I love it every summer I'm there I spend half the time watching Eurosport with my cousins.
Old 12-17-2001, 09:01 PM   #90
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

And Le Mans!!!! That is some BADASS shit! There's nothing better than going to sleep and waking up to see what cars made it through the night!