Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 06:30 PM   #31
tweaker76
AF Regular

Who said life is fair?

When you go and race, you have no clue who you're gonna end up running against. There is no reason why someone wouldn't show up with a Ferrari or a modified muscle car. These folks want to race. They don't care that they spent 5 or more times what you paid for your car. They just want to win. Period.

If you can get a car to out perform one that cost 5 times more after you modified yours, fantastic. Great! We'd love to hear about it.

But all that matters is that you win, not how much you spend. The same goes for sports and race cars. Everyone doesn't have the same budget or resources.

The same thing goes at work. Two folks will be given a job. It doesn't matter that one person spent 5 times what the other did on their education. All that matters is who does the job better. That's reality.

Tweak
Old 12-09-2001, 06:40 PM   #32
amxracer
AF Newbie

im with tweak on this one!
by the way street racer 00 cavaliers are crap. but i do hate domestics trying to be imports. but when i say that, i mean a guy with like a muscle car and momo wings, etc.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:47 PM   #33
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

but

who in the right mind with a dodge viper V-10 would pick on an econobox to race? Obvioously someone with a very small penis that doesn't have the balls to race a car in the same category, say, a ferarri 360 modena. You seemed to have missed the point. Racing isn't about the cars, it's about the drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Old 12-09-2001, 06:47 PM   #34
NB8CT
Banned

I was talkin to this kid today who really pissed me off. He had a Eclipse GST with a nice Blitz front bumber on it, so i thought. He said, yea I got the front from VIZ for a good price... I was like WTF!!! What pissed me off was is that he had a Blitz sticker on the front of the car!! Damn VIZ for copying in the first place, but why the hell fake it and put a blitz sticker on your car to make people think you bought the real thing. After I looked closely I could tell the kit was crap anyway. Oh and about VIZ, anyone see that PLASTIC FAKE INTERCOOLER that they sell, what the fuck is that, and dont get me started on that fake BOV sound maker for NA cars, someties I think this shit gets outa hand

Oh and about the muscle cars, sure you can buy the car cheap, but in the long run you will pay for the gas man. You cant tell me I pay more for gas in a year in my miata that the dude next to me in the WS6. Face it, Japanese cars makers are better becuase they are more efficiant (I think I spelled that wrong) I mean look at the S2000, over 100hp per liter, show an american car that is even close to that. I'm gonna love it when my Miata can kill "that dude in the WS6". And I'll laugh as I drive by him at the local gas station. Dont get me wrong though, I like some V8s, but they just not my thing.

Oh also about the Cavalier thing, I think the worst is when I see a Saturn trying too hard man, thats gotta suck. I mean I would lay low as it is driving a saturn, let alone try to get attention in one!
Old 12-09-2001, 06:50 PM   #35
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NB8CT

Oh and about the muscle cars, sure you can buy the car cheap, but in the long run you will pay for the gas man. You cant tell me I pay more for gas in a year in my miata that the dude next to me in the WS6. Face it, Japanese cars makers are better becuase they are more efficiant (I think I spelled that wrong) I mean look at the S2000, over 100hp per liter, show an american car that is even close to that. I'm gonna love it when my Miata can kill "that dude in the WS6". And I'll laugh as I drive by him at the local gas station.

Oh also about the Cavalier thing, I think the worst is when I see a Saturn trying too hard man, thats gotta suck. I mean I would lay low as it is driving a saturn, let alone try to get attention in one!
that's "efficient", and how do you plan to kill a grizzly bear with a fly swatter, so to speak?
Quote:
I got to see boobiues!
Old 12-09-2001, 06:55 PM   #36
NB8CT
Banned

lets see.... T3/T04e turbo @ 12-15psi on a tubular manifold, 2.5" i/c piping, TiAl external wastegate, 3" piping turbo back, HKS SSBOV, and a Electrimotive TECII programable ECU. It should be good for about 275~285 rwhp from what I have read. Not to menton that I only weigh in at about 2200 lbs... Check out me sites below for my progress so far.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:59 PM   #37
tweaker76
AF Regular

Don't get me wrong. I like what you did to your Miata. I just don't think gas mileage is an issue if your only racing 1/4 mile.

But I do think you should purchase for intended use. And I don't think domestics are bad. Nor do I think Japanese cars are better then German cars.

Tweak
Old 12-09-2001, 07:05 PM   #38
NB8CT
Banned

This is my only car, so it is my daily driver, so yea fuel economy does matter. I just wana be able to haul when I want. Yea I heard from somwhere Germans make good cars, i wont belive it till I see it though
Old 12-09-2001, 07:15 PM   #39
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by NB8CT
This is my only car, so it is my daily driver, so yea fuel economy does matter. I just wana be able to haul when I want. Yea I heard from somwhere Germans make good cars, i wont belive it till I see it though
my dad had a '90 MBZ 560 SEL, and that thing was friggen sweet! Fast as hell and comfortable as hell, too!
Quote:
I got to see boobiues!
Old 12-09-2001, 07:19 PM   #40
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Man Germans make the best cars... just look at how many VW's you see going around!

Mercedes
Volkswagen
Porsche
Audi
BMW
Daimler (now partner w/ Chrysler)

All badass mofos
Old 12-09-2001, 07:27 PM   #41
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexB

Mercedes
Volkswagen
Porsche
Audi
BMW
Daimler (now partner w/ Chrysler)

All badass mofos
ahhhh, I whooped an Audi TT who tried to get tough on the freeway with me once. And me and a golf GTI VR6 had a pretty good race, too, but I ended up winning, barely.
Quote:
I got to see boobiues!
Old 12-09-2001, 08:18 PM   #42
fastrThanU
AF Enthusiast

just to toss it out there, since some are talking about miatas spanking musclecars, it's not horsepower that wins a race. it's torque. horsepower is a result of torque. HP=how fast you go
Torque=how fast you get there
Also, you need to factor in what rpm range your powerband is in. a musclecar builds it's power in the low rpm (1500-5500) range, and keeps it through the rpms without being too peaky. 4 cyl. cars need to compensate in revs in order to build power. they build power in the high rpms (6000+), which is not optimal for street racing because the resulting powerband is comparatively short and peaky. they also don't build near as much torque (which is what really matters on the street, right?).

Anyways, both cars were built with different purposes in mind, so please don't compare a FWD 4-cyl built with economy in mind to a RWD V8 built with straight line performance in mind.

11.67@117
"plaster your ass to the back glass"
.... put yer motor where yer mouth is.....
Old 12-09-2001, 09:00 PM   #43
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
Yeah, lets all take a big shit on the cavalier coz im posting in this thread

I dunno, whenever people think domestics, they think old muscle cars, never the new domestics, which leads me to my "It doesnt matter where the hell a car came from, a cars a car" idea. Neons, Cavaliers, other SPORT COMPACTS are all domestic, but they arent muscle cars, but muscle cars arent the domestic style when it comes to auto manufacturing. I dont see any chevelles rolling off of the assembly line, this whole domestic vs. import shit is crap, it should be muscle vs. sport compact, and not care about where a car comes from.

Well, ricing out a domestic is gay, and i want a 300zx with all six cyllis of fury! so.......*takes a big shit on the cavalier*

I dunno, i like sport compacts, better style, smaller, more manueverable, more practical, better gas mileage, etc. I wouldnt take a 4banger though, and hell no to turboing it.

Hmm the Subaru WRX is a 4banger....so they arent ALL that bad...
Old 12-09-2001, 09:02 PM   #44
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
oh yeah, and id like to give a big HELL YES! to FasterThanU for saying everything i wanted to say.......only twenty times better....

"HP sells products, torque wins races" <---isnt that someones sig on this board? Hope ya dont mind me postin it....
Old 12-09-2001, 09:02 PM   #45
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Hmmm so if I got a diesel car with 300lbs torque but only 150hp... what's that mean?