Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 10:05 PM   #166
CivR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CivR
i hate the cock suckers at my high skool all driving m3's and tokking shit bout anyone who drive a japanese car. man, i wish i had the money to mod mah ride and somehow smoke them...
Old 01-23-2002, 07:05 AM   #167
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxBoost1990
LS-1, I have to argue on a few points. First off, I own an import speed shop.. Bitstream Racing. In all honesty man, the LS-1 has a few huge probs. 1st) Unreliable as all gettout.. Real prone to wrist pin knock.
2nd) Fuel Economy... The suck gas
3rd) Even with the Supercharger they only push 375 at the wheels. This was a proven test that was done by myself, and the shop that does my machine work for me. We put my 90 Laser Turbo against a friends Camaro after he had his SC, exhaust, and ECM worked on, and we still pushed less than my Laser..And BTW, he has about 28,000 more invested in his vehicle than I do. Why spend 30K+ on a car that is S-L-O-W unless its a luxury car?

Also, the tests were done on a Dynojet Chassis Dyno, and my ride pushed 498@6400 RPM... ON PUMP GAS!!! And it still gets 28+ MPG daily driven
Ummm. Hate to break it to you, but the LS1 doesn't have a problem with wrist pin lock. A very good friend of mine owns a shop that works on only LS1s. He and I have NEVER heard of ANY problem that was even REMOTELY related to any wrist pins. Perhaps you just set up the engine wrong...?
Secondly, 375hp with a blower? HAH. I'm making that on MOTOR!
I guess I shouldnt tell you about the STOCK C5 that put down 500rwhp with only a blower. 7psi pulley and it put down 500rwhp without tuning!

If your friends only making 375rwhp, he should push his car off a cliff.

Old 01-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #168
vhr4710
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to vhr4710
how do you make a living working on only 1 type of car???? that statement makes me think that you were lying in that whole post, and just trying to outdo the post before yours so you wouldnt sound like an idiot. but thats just what i think, im coming from a neutral standpoint cause i dont know to much aobut ls1's. and i dont know how much hp they have or rpm's so thats just my ideas.. just my thoughts
Old 01-26-2002, 12:40 AM   #169
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

Dont believe me? That's cool, check out:
www.ls1speed.com

He does a bit of side work on GN's and LT1's, but 97% of his business is on LS1 cars. Vettes, Camaros, Trans Ams.
If you'd like, I can show you a dyno sheet of an LS1 car making 500rwhp with a blower and catback exhaust.
I'm sorry, but if your friends car is only making 375rwhp, and he has a BLOWER, and my cars making more then that on MOTOR, something is seriously wrong....

A stock Camaro/Trans Am will put down between 295-335rwhp bone stock. The more the motor is broken in, the more power it typically makes. With a blower, it should easily be in the upper 400 - lower 500rwhp range.

I guess you could spend 30k on a S-L-O-W car....afterall, I can name a TON of cars available, BRAND NEW in the US for 30k that would BLOW THE F-Body AWAY!

Old 01-26-2002, 12:54 AM   #170
vhr4710
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to vhr4710
"i retract my previous statement"
Old 01-28-2002, 09:16 PM   #171
NB8CT
Banned

Man i just noticed something else that pisses my off about the "scene". i was comming home on the highway and when i took my exit i pulled up next to a really nice JZA80, and i rolled down my window to just tell him he had a nice car. Now my car does not look so hot right now, i have my 14" rusty steel wheels on for the winter and my passenger side headlight is not the same color as my driver side becuase it burnt out and the replacment order hasnt come in yet. He rolled down his window and I told him he had a sweet car and guess what the fucker said... and i quote " nice fucking wheels man, your car looks like shit, get a real car" He rolled up his window and made a right turn on a red and was gone. I swear I wish i coulda just folled him and rammed my "crap car" right into him, but it is still a nice car, just i took my rims off. I hate these pricks that think that they are top shit and that anybody else is under them. i know my Miata has no chance against a Supra (YET!!) but shit show some respect to a fellow car enthusiast. So to the Fucker in the red JZA80 :finger: I hope we meet again in a coupke of weeks and you will see what a miata suckin 15lbs of boost can do:finger:
Old 01-28-2002, 09:22 PM   #172
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Someone please kill this post! Way too much!! What pisses me off most about the import scene are these posts! Well actually what pisses me off the most is someone that thinks they know stuff about cars when they acually dont. And someone that underestimates or overestimates cars.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:24 PM   #173
NB8CT
Banned

What man this thread is like therapy for me, its lets me get it all out