Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XK | XKR | XXR-S
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
57JagXKSS
Banned

Jaguar XKR

2003 XKR

57JagXKSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
57JagXKSS
Banned

2005 Jaguar XKR 4.2S

New 4.2-S model features added colours, toys and wheels

Jaguar has given the still-gorgeous XK an end-of-life tweak with the launch of the 4.2-S special edition models, unveiled today at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show. As ever, the new model is available as either coupé or convertible with a choice of a normally aspirated or a supercharged V8 engine.

The 4.2-S package upgrades the cabin, incorporating many options as standard issue items. XK8 models will offer a new luxurious elm wood veneer as standard for the interior trim, while XKR cabins will be lined with a carbon fibre veneer set, with elm veneer as a non-cost option (not available on XKR in North America). A further unique feature of the 4.2-S models will be the full soft-grain leather interior with contrast stitching located on the seats, centre console and door linings. A new interior carpet colour, Dove, is also offered for the first time on a Jaguar.

In recognition of Jaguar's racing heritage, the 4.2-S gets special badging and accents, including polished door treadplates with chequered flag emblems, and leather-edged embossed floor mats lining the footwells. The revised white Jaguar Growler badge on the bonnet also features new chequered flag accents on the sides of the emblem.

Externally, Jaguar has added darkened rear light clusters. Also, the XK8 features 19-inch 'Atlas' style wheels, while the XKR models get a new, unique 20-inch BBS Perseus wheel. The XKR also gets cross-drilled Brembo brake discs with red brake callipers.

All new models will be offered in four additional new exterior metallic colours – Copper Black, Frost Blue, Bay Blue and Satin Silver. With four interior colours and two distinct veneer options for the instrument panel, this creates up to 11 possible combinations, said Jaguar.

“Few people can walk past the Jaguar XK8 or XKR without turning and admiring the car’s exquisite lines and unmistakeable curves,’’ said Jaguar design boss Ian Callum. “Last year we made sure that the XK range was able to stand the test of time with a wide range of exterior design changes such as a deeper mouth for the front air intake, new sills and a revised rear bumper and spoiler. Now we have additional new unique colours and interior trims to allow customers to drive a Jaguar with a bespoke interior feel.”

http://exoticcarsite.com/pages/jaguar_xkr_42s.htm
Old 03-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
57JagXKSS
Banned

Old 03-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
57JagXKSS
Banned

Old 03-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
tmulheron
AF Newbie

I am considering buying an WXR and I need some feedback on if it is a relieable car. I know it looks good but other than that, am I going to have limited maintenance issues is my question.
tmulheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:53 AM   #6
57JagXKSS
Banned

Which model year of an XKR?

2003 XKRs were improved with a 6 speed ZF automatic transmission, standard Brembo brakes, a more powerful 4.2 liter 390 hp supercharged V-8, and some other stuff.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

2005 XKR

check the link for a video of a new XKR

XKR sideways

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 11-23-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The 2005 XKR has improved aerodynamics, four exhaust pipes, and some other changes.

The XKR has Brembo brakes with four-piston floating aluminum calipers: 13.98-inch diameter up front and 13.0-inch diameter at the rear.

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 12-12-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Brembo brakes have been standard on the XKR since the 2003 model year. The 2003 model year had around 900 changes/new parts. An all-leather steering wheel is available for the XKR.

Last edited by Jaguar D-Type; 03-12-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

2003 XKR

Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #11
allenrocnhi
AF Newbie

Re: Jaguar XKR

This car sounds like a beast! I don't think I've ever wanted a Jag before until I read about this one. I just wish there was a way to get a manual transmission in it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XK | XKR | XXR-S