Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
xt477
AF Newbie

Versa quality

What am I missing JD Power and Consumer report states that this car is a total piece of crap initial quality and long term. I don’t know where they are getting their data but all of the user reviews I’ve seen say they love the car. I check all of the forums and I don’t see any sitckys on how the head gaskets or transmissions are going go out like I do on so many other cars. I’ve looked everywhere and I just can’t find where people are having repetitive problems with these cars. I see posts like I ran it out of oil now my engine is bad well yeah that’s going to happen but I don’t see posts where every car built is going to have the same major catastrophe at about the same mileage.

Have I bought a POS or not? I have a 1000 miles on my 2013 and so far I am very happy with it. Should I be saving the money I saved for a life of repair bills?
xt477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #2
xt477
AF Newbie

Re: Versa quality

Almost a year and 15000 miles later I have had zero problems with this little car. Will continue to post whether I have problems or not.
xt477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #3
jhsmith246
AF Newbie

I have a 2010 versa with 150,000 miles on it (mostly LA freeways) and have had zero problems so far. Just oil changes and new tires. FYI. The lack of questions about how to fix this or that on this forum is probably a good indicator of its quality when compared to say, the chevy forum.
jhsmith246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
rodeo02
AF Enthusiast

Responding to an oldie yere, but to me the Versa, especially in 5spd MT or 4spd automatic is the perfect econo-car. You see nothing in the forums about it because there's little/nothing to go wrong with them. They are what they are. A cheap car with so few bells and whistles, there's nothing to complain about. On top of that, they're very reasonable to insure.

FWIW, I just purchased a 2015 Versa S for my kids. It's got the 4spd auto. Great little car that I'll be doing all the maintenance on myself that I can.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza