Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
mike9558
AF Newbie

problems with engine starting and shutting off

my 2000 dodge stratus died 1 night while driving. it would turn over but not start. i had it towed a shop. they said 2 wires were melted together on cam sensor wire loom. they fixed them. car started and shut off fine for 3 days. then it started being hard to start, but it would after 20-30 seconds of cranking it over. it would run fine until I go to shut it off. it continues to run for a few seconds and spit and sputter until it shut off, like its dieseling. today at work it would not shut off until I disconnected the coil pack supply wire connecter. fuel pump and filter are new and work. wondering what could possibly be the problem.
mike9558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #2
Albert Pfaff
AF Newbie

Re: problems with engine starting and shutting off

Unhook the battery for a little while and then reconnect . It will reseat the computer and the car will start and run normally . This problem may have been caused by getting into the car , starting it up and putting it into gear to fast ! And cause a miss reading in the computer key chip and the car is thinking that it is being stolen !!!
Albert Pfaff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus