Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Hardware

Hey biker guys;

I don't build bikes often, in fact I have only one OOB build behind me. I am wondering what y'all do for hardware, specifically what do you use to replace the screws that Tamiya (for example) provides to screw through the triple tree or through the front and rear axle or that holds the swing arm on? I always thought a philips screw was pretty poor modeling, and since I am kind of playing around and piecing together a scratch frame and parts out of a couple incomplete kits, I don't even have the little baggy of screws anyway.

Thanks guys!

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
willimo
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.

Re: Hardware

Also, does anyone make operating rear shocks or front forks? It looks like Tamiya's detail set fork set for the RC166 operates (does that detail set come with the clip-ons or is that a part from the full kit?) but I was hoping for something more modern for this little screw around project.

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
willimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
jayll
AF Regular

Re: Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimo View Post
Hey biker guys;

I don't build bikes often, in fact I have only one OOB build behind me. I am wondering what y'all do for hardware, specifically what do you use to replace the screws that Tamiya (for example) provides to screw through the triple tree or through the front and rear axle or that holds the swing arm on? I always thought a philips screw was pretty poor modeling, and since I am kind of playing around and piecing together a scratch frame and parts out of a couple incomplete kits, I don't even have the little baggy of screws anyway.

Thanks guys!
I usually use Top Studio or Tuner Model Manufactory for most of my 1/12 Moto GP specific stuff and Scale Hardware for some most of the common stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimo View Post
Also, does anyone make operating rear shocks or front forks? It looks like Tamiya's detail set fork set for the RC166 operates (does that detail set come with the clip-ons or is that a part from the full kit?) but I was hoping for something more modern for this little screw around project.
I haven't seen the RC166 fork set but the fork sets I do have aren't operable. I don't know of anyone making operable shocks but I've never really looked either.
jayll is offline   Reply With Quote