Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
ArtChee
AF Newbie

2000 Villager Keyless remote problem

I purchased a 2000 VILLAGER for our 2nd car, and absolutely LOVE IT!! It was unusually clean; had 110K miles; been driving it 1.5 years with NO PROBLEMS. (Did have to get the radio display resoldered in order for it to work).

Recently, the keyless remote started acting "crazy". I can lock the car when I leave it, and as I walk away (with the remote in my pocket) the car doors will UNLOCK by themselves. Then there is continuous clicking of the system. I replaced my remote battery, and it seemed to help initially, but is now doing it again. I have to "sneak" away from the van in hope that the remote in my pocket will not cause it to unlock.

Anybody got any ideas what's happening??
ArtChee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2000 Villager Keyless remote problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtChee
I purchased a 2000 VILLAGER for our 2nd car, and absolutely LOVE IT!! It was unusually clean; had 110K miles; been driving it 1.5 years with NO PROBLEMS. (Did have to get the radio display resoldered in order for it to work).

Recently, the keyless remote started acting "crazy". I can lock the car when I leave it, and as I walk away (with the remote in my pocket) the car doors will UNLOCK by themselves. Then there is continuous clicking of the system. I replaced my remote battery, and it seemed to help initially, but is now doing it again. I have to "sneak" away from the van in hope that the remote in my pocket will not cause it to unlock.

Anybody got any ideas what's happening??
Go to the Online Service Manuals on top of page, follow directions. Then go to the Service Bulletins and Recall section and read the TSB for Doorlocks activating or locking, I believe this will help you solve the problem.

Good Luck and keep us posted on fix.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
ArtChee
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfixit
Go to the Online Service Manuals on top of page, follow directions. Then go to the Service Bulletins and Recall section and read the TSB for Doorlocks activating or locking, I believe this will help you solve the problem.

TERRIFIC!! Found my way to the info. Now need to see what can be done after CHRISTMAS.

THANKS!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
ArtChee
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfixit View Post

HI, "Tempfixit";

I received your response (above) before Christmas in answer to my question regarding my 2000 Villager's "crazy" keyless remote locking & unlocking itself at random. When I do not carry the remote, it doesn't do this. You referred me to the "ONLINE SERVICE MANUALS on the top of page." I found them in Dec., but have been "side tracked" by 3 way by-surgery, and am now just getting caught up to do something about this problem, BUT CANNOT FIND MY WAY BACK TO THE ONLINE DATA that you offered. Has the format changed in the last 8 months??

Thanks for the input
ArtChee
Sarasota FL
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Try this:

http://www.oplin.org/databases/proxy...%2fframerq.asp

enter 123456789 for library card number
click on box with library in it and more will appear, choose Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton Library, submit
scroll down page to Automotive Repair Reference Center (ARRC)
choose year and make

let me know if it doe not work

You can also go to this site for Factory Service Manual:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM

scroll down to QUEST

hope this helps
Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
CHRIST75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempfixit View Post
Try this:

http://www.oplin.org/databases/proxy...%2fframerq.asp

enter 123456789 for library card number
click on box with library in it and more will appear, choose Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton Library, submit
scroll down page to Automotive Repair Reference Center (ARRC)
choose year and make

let me know if it doe not work

You can also go to this site for Factory Service Manual:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM

scroll down to QUEST

hope this helps
My doors never unlock itself after i close and arm the car but I also have a similar problem on my 98 quest XE, after unlock with remote and open door they will lock itself and if the key is on while doors open it will lock and unlock many times, i also have a rapid clicking on the system and it will just act crazy, this seems a common problem does anyone knows the fix for this? my guess it's the main controller that is in the back of the car or the theft relay ?.

Thanks for this post tempfixit i found the teft warning sys chapter but there is a lot to read, i'll do it when i get the time.
CHRIST75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
ArtChee
AF Newbie

Thanks for your reply. The library card # did not get me in. The web site could not verify that I was in Ohio. However, the next morning I WAS able to choose the Cincinnati and Hamilton Library, but wasn't able to scroll down page to Automotive Repair Reference Center (ARRC).Could not locate ARRC anywhere.

Can access the factory Service Manual, but the troubleshooting chart for my "crazy" remote problem is not addressed.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Did you click on submit after choosing Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County?? It then foes to next page.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
ArtChee
AF Newbie

Can't get into the OHIO WEB LIBRARY as it does not accept the given generic library card number. Don't know how I got to the choice of librarys last week... got a different page over night.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
ArtChee
AF Newbie

OK.. saved the OHIO WEB LIBRARY site in my browser, and next morning it opened to give me access to choose libraries without a library card number. Chose the Cincinnati/Hamilton Library, but no Automotive Repair Ref. Center. Here is the only listings:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ArtChee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
  • Academic Search Premier
    Academic Search Premier
    What is it? Full text for scholarly and academic magazines and periodicals - covering nearly every area of academic study including: computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more – from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Conduct research for your next term paper. Discover in-depth articles on hundreds of subjects.

• All EBSCOhost Databases
    All EBSCOhost Databases
    What is it? Complete range of citation and full-text reference content available from the EBSCO publishing company. Individual database services are also listed separately.

Why use it? Select a single database for searching. Search multiple EBSCOhost resources at once. See what’s available from EBSCO.

• American and English full text literature collections
    American and English full text literature collections
    What is it? Electronic books of American and English literature - poetry, drama, fiction, and the Bible - originally published in print – produced by ProQuest / Chadwyck-Healey.

Why use it? Explore American poetry from 1600 to the present. Compare different editions of Shakespeare’s work. Read early American fiction. Explore English drama.

• ART Collection
    ART Collection
    What is it? Digital images of a wide variety of art objects including paintings, sculpture, textiles, and decorative art – provided by AMICO and several art institutes within Ohio.

Why use it? Search for a work of art. Investigate an artist. Find art images to use in school projects.

• Biography Reference Bank
    Biography Reference Bank
    What is it? Biographies, obituaries, and photographs of thousands of individuals – both living and deceased. Biographies Plus Illustrated contains the full text of the articles from more than 100 volumes of biographical reference books published by H. W. Wilson, plus thousands of profiles licensed from other respected publishers; updated monthly.

Why use it? Find multiple sketches of the subject's life and accomplishments. Search by time period, profession, place of origin, and birth and death dates. View digital images for many of the subjects.

• Business Source Premier
    Business Source Premier
    What is it? Full text business articles, research, and news updated daily from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Read articles from popular and scholarly business periodicals. Research industries. Evaluate companies and their markets.

• Explore Ohio | OPLIN
    Explore Ohio | OPLIN
    What is it? OPLIN's ever-expanding directory of Ohio-specific websites and links.

Why use it? Find Ohio-focused websites by category or by county.

• Kids Search
    Kids Search
    What is it? Research tool for middle school and elementary age students from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Search the encyclopedia. Look up words in the dictionary. Explore and search by topic.

• LearningExpress Library
    LearningExpress Library
    What is it? Comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses designed to help students and adult learners succeed on the academic and licensing tests. Create your own personalized and private account to track your progress.

Why use it? Study and prepare for tests and exams. Track your progress. Practice taking tests and exams.

• MasterFILE Premier | (EBSCOhost)
    MasterFILE Premier | (EBSCOhost)
    What is it? Full text for a wide variety of periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Also contains full text for reference books, biographies, and primary source documents, and an image collection photos, map, and flags – updated daily from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Read articles from popular magazines. Find out about another country or culture. Search for solutions to that question you can’t quite answer.

• NewsBank (Ohio's Newspapers)
    NewsBank (Ohio's Newspapers)
    What is it? Full electronic edition, excluding paid advertising, of the Cincinnati Post (04/01/1990-12/31/2007), the Columbus Dispatch (7/16/1985-current), the Dayton Daily News (1/1/1990-current), the Cleveland Plain Dealer (6/1/1991-current), and the Toledo Blade (1/1/1996-current). Searchable individually or in groups.

Why use it? Search for articles from newspapers around the state. Print or e-mail articles for future use. Read in-depth reports on current events.

• Newspaper Source | (EBSCOhost)
    Newspaper Source | (EBSCOhost)
    What is it? Cover-to-cover full text for 20 national (U.S.) & international newspapers and selected full text for more than 230 regional (U.S.) newspapers, plus TV and radio news transcripts – updated daily.

Why use it? Read articles from newspaper around the country. Access industry-specific newspapers. Search TV and radio news transcripts.

• Ohio Death Certificate Index (1913-1944)
    Ohio Death Certificate Index (1913-1944)
    What is it? Database containing death certificates of persons that died in Ohio from 1913-1937.

Why use it? Use the index information to help in obtaining a copy of particular death certificates.

• Ohio History Central || Online Encyclopedia
    Ohio History Central || Online Encyclopedia
    What is it? An evolving, dynamic online encyclopedia from the Ohio Historical Society.

Why use it? Find information, images, timelines, maps, and documents about Ohio’s history, geography, geology, animals, and American Indian populations.

• Ohio Memory Online Scrapbook
    Ohio Memory Online Scrapbook
    What is it? Project to bring together digital versions of historical collections from more than 330 archives, historical societies, libraries, and museums.

Why use it? Search or browse more than 26,000 primary sources dating from prehistory to the present. Take the Ohio Memory Challenge. Read essays about Ohio topics. Create your own scrapbook.

• Ohio.gov: Government Information & Services
    Ohio.gov: Government Information & Services
    What is it? The official government website of the State of Ohio.

Why use it? Find government services and information for residents, businesses, visitors, and state employees. Reach the website of any Ohio government agency.

• Ohioline
    Ohioline
    What is it? Online database of publications from Ohio State University Extension Office; the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences; The Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center; and the Agricultural Technical Institute.

Why use it? Find hundreds of factsheets, bulletins, and other educational materials covering a wide array of subjects - such as agriculture, natural resources, family and consumer sciences, community development, 4-H, and youth.

• Oxford Reference Online
    Oxford Reference Online
    What is it? Wide variety of reference books online including English and bilingual dictionaries, maps and atlases, timelines, an encyclopedia, and subject references – from Oxford University Press.

Why use it? Search for encyclopedia articles. Identify quotations. Consult the dictionaries. Explore the subject reference books.

• Regional Business News | (EBSCOhost)
    Regional Business News | (EBSCOhost)
    What is it? Full text for articles from over 75 business journals, newspapers, and newswires, covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States, from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Research regional business conditions around the country.

• Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
    Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
    What is it? Large scale street plans – including building outlines, property boundaries, and building use - produced by the Sanborn Fire Insurance Company from 1867 to 1970

Why use it? Locate buildings and neighborhoods. See a neighborhood "as it was". Study the growth of towns and cities. Identify the impact of new developments.

• Science Online
    Science Online
    What is it? The award-winning Science Online offers a comprehensive, curriculum-oriented overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines in a variety of useful formats. An ideal science solution for schools, libraries and homework assignments.

Why use it? Tabbed search results and Boolean search capabilities help users easily find their desired results. High-quality print, e-mail, reduce and enlarge text, and save to folder capabilities; full database citations; a help page; and persistent record links are also available.

• Searchasaurus
    Searchasaurus
    What is it? Research tool for elementary age students from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Search the encyclopedia. Learn about animals. Look up words in the dictionary.

• Student Research Center
    Student Research Center
    What is it? Student research tool for grades 6 through 12 from EBSCOhost.

Why use it? Search the encyclopedia. Find magazine and newspaper articles. Learn about other countries – through reports, maps, and photos.

• World Book Hispanica
    World Book Hispanica
    What is it? This comprehensive Spanish-language encyclopedia includes more than 100,000 articles, more than 8,500 images and maps, and nearly 1,000 videos, animations, sounds, and interactive media.

Why use it? It is designed for native Spanish speakers, bilingual students, and ESL/ELL program participants.

• World Book Kids
    World Book Kids
    What is it? Thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, and maps enrich thousands of articles selected for appeal and cirricular standards, with teacher guides, provide instuctions and stimulating ways to use content in the classroom setting or for homework.

Why use it? World Book Kids is designed especially for younger users, English-lanuage learners, and reluctant readers. The site offers simple navigation, easy-to-read content, bright colors, and a graphical design.

• World Book Online
    World Book Online
    What is it? Resources include encyclopedic content, e-books, multimedia, a vast collection of primary source documents, and a wealth of research tools that allow students to customize and save their work.

Why use it? Tailored for the needs and skills of older students, World Book Advanced integrates primary and secondary source databases in a single search.

• World Book Spanish
What am I doing wrong??
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ArtChee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/ArtChee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
ArtChee
AF Newbie

Whoops... I copied/pasted only single line listings (???) Don't know WHERE all this came from.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena