Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
rice(er)
AF Enthusiast

brother vs brother

hey guys, hows everyone? been a while since i posted a race in here, well, i figure i post this and a lil update on my progress so far. It happened yesterday while i was coming back from work, dude, i've been working like 10 days straight, its been crazy, but today i finally got a day off, whew. Coming back from an exhausting day at work, i'm almost home, about 5 mins away, I spot this mis-matched color car, at first i didn't think any of it because i thought it was just an ordinary car that probably just been in an accident and didn't finish up the paint or whatever, but as i got a lil closer, i noticed that kinda look like celica tail lights! and as i got REAL close, i noticed it was not a celica, but an MR2!!! yes! it was an mk2 mr2, BUT! not only was it de-badged so a toyota enthusiast like myself wouldn't know it's an mr2 but it had unpainted body kit!! oh MY GAWSH! you should've seen this car, it had baby blue side skirts, white bumpers, rust on the trunk! a primered wing! and white air scoupe! BUT WAIT!! it's missing one of them, and it only has one air scoupe on its trunk!(part of an mk2 mr2 body kit) okayy,.....so at this point, i'm really ashamed that this could happen to an mr2 and a toyota owner could do this do a toyota!!!, somehow i knew it was not the turboed one, so i slowly pace it and show him i wanna see his car fly down the road, he finally sees me, and takes a U-turn, i slow follow, and right away i come up to his right side and sat there waiting, he looks a me, i look at him, the dude is also asian, maybe a couple years older than me, probably getting to his mid 20s, he was also wearing one of those wireless headset you use with a cellphone, anyways, i rolled down my window with a big grin on my face he pulls his car back and forward showing me he's game, i do the same, then i downshifted to 2nd just waiting there for him to make the first move, still he doesn't go for it, okay i guess i'm the guest of honor tonight and i'll make the first move, i wait till he creeps a lil up on my fender, then boom! pedal to the medal! i can hear my car screaming and his car screaming slowly past mine, he shifted a bit earlier than me, i can tell he's a good driver, then i shift to 3rd gear and by the middle of 3rd, he was a good 2 cars in front, some traffic was ahead, so we both shut down going well below the mph to talk, i noticed his windows are down, i do the same, the conversation went like this

me: 5sfe(the name of his engine) or 3sgte(turboed version or the mk2 mr2)
him: what??
me yelling a lil louder: 5sfe or 3sgte?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
him? WHAT?
me at the top of my lungs: 5sfe or 3sgte!!!!!!!!!!!
him: what? i cant hear you (he takes off his wireless headset thinggymagigga)
me: (raising five fingers at him) 5sfe????
him: yeh
me thinking:
me again: hey man, fix your car
him: why?
me thinking
me again: the rust on the back
him: i'm fixing that right now
me: and paint the color to match
at this point there's a dude in an suv behind me honking at me because i'm going way way slower than the speed limit in order to talk to the mr2 owner, so i hurry up and give the mr2 owner a thumbs up, he nods)

took my U-turn and ended up home! I also had some runs with a couple civics about a month ago or so, but didn't feel like i should post, didn't look pretty happy, both d16z6, and one just left me in the dust at the stop sign but i also let him make the first move since we were at a sign, and the other one i had my 300 lbs friend with me in the passenger, o well

a lil update, things are not going as planned, but here's how she looks as of now, freshly waxed

inside the cockpit

performance
2.25 piping with cf megan racing
obx short shifter, i switched back to the oem knob because the led one sat a lil high and the oem felt a lil better
weapon R short ram intake
hopefully kosei rims by this year

exterior
altezzas
removed emblems
mesh grille
jdm headlights
20% tint all around
eyelids (not installed)
clear signals

interior
pioneer cd player
shift boot
its all good.....

well,.....wish me luck guys!

Last edited by rice(er); 05-27-2006 at 10:36 AM.
rice(er) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #2
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Re: brother vs brother

Nice run. Its always a shame to see nice cars in bad condition
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
camaromaniac
AF Enthusiast

if that guy should paint his car, you should get some rims. or at least hub caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport 92
Dont get me wrong though i'd love a Lt1 in my Camaro even if it had Richard Simmons strapped onto my hood naked..
camaromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
2000LS1Z28
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromaniac
if that guy should paint his car, you should get some rims. or at least hub caps

Man Ricer, it's time to put all that hard earned money into a new car. I'm thinking STi or Toyota MR2 Turbo. Bury the Corolla or sell it to some grandmother J/K

Then again the Corolla would make a nice daily driver. Still think you need a faster ride though.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
98StangGT
AF Enthusiast

Are rims and a shortshifter really performance mods?

Good kill nonetheless.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
rice(er)
AF Enthusiast

^ofcourse mang! they're not only for looks my mang! the car is my only car daily driven for now untill im done with school (2 more yrs) as for the rims, its all about the $$, hopefully i'll get them this year. and as for the mr2, that was the first mr2 i've seen in real life thats been so riced out, ricier than meh! peace out fellas, keep the comments coming!
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #7
Right_LiRrr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Right_LiRrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangGT
Are rims and a shortshifter really performance mods?

Good kill nonetheless.
A short shifter can take up to .1 seconds off your 1/4mile (depending on how big a throw the stock one was and especialy cars that need quite a few shifts to finish the 1/4)

Rims help a lot, bigger and wider rims means wider tyres with less flex. Your tyres are the first piece of contact b/w the car and the road, very important to have the right type of rims. Don't forget forged rims, can take some weight off too!

So in short...YES

Right_LiRrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #8
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

That was a fun read. Good to see poeple actually posting their losses lol. I was beginning to think everyone on here was invincible.

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #9
rice(er)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Good kill nonetheless.
i cant believe i didnt catch this before oh, it wasn't a kill 98stanggt u need to go back to reading school mister keeps the comments coming!
Old 05-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

paragraphs are your friends.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #11
98StangGT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right_LiRrr
A short shifter can take up to .1 seconds off your 1/4mile (depending on how big a throw the stock one was and especialy cars that need quite a few shifts to finish the 1/4)

Rims help a lot, bigger and wider rims means wider tyres with less flex. Your tyres are the first piece of contact b/w the car and the road, very important to have the right type of rims. Don't forget forged rims, can take some weight off too!

So in short...YES

I'm willing to bet his rims actually added weight to his car, and they are probably not wide enough to make any form of difference. And if they are taller then he is slowing his car down yet again unless he compensated for it with gearing/power(which I'm sure he didn't).

I guess I consider performance mods to be ones that actually make some from of a difference
Old 05-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #12
Right_LiRrr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Right_LiRrr

Quote:
I'm willing to bet his rims actually added weight to his car, and they are probably not wide enough to make any form of difference. And if they are taller then he is slowing his car down yet again unless he compensated for it with gearing/power(which I'm sure he didn't).

I guess I consider performance mods to be ones that actually make some from of a difference
well he hasn't got his new rims yet, so u don't know.

Right_LiRrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #13
rice(er)
AF Enthusiast

dont be such a hater 98stanggt kosei is well known for their lightweight rims + the tires these will weigh a lil less than my steelies, i will be upgrading from the stock 14s' but not by much, it should be all good in the end homefries......keep it real!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #14
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Rice(er), whats the trade in value of your car?

how much are the rims you want to get gonna run you?

your JDM 4-door supra is looking maddtight B! keep it real.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Musashi3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #15
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice(er)
:
me again: hey man, fix your car
I would have told you the saaaame thing!

Quote:

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing