Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #16
GRNDSM
AF Newbie

Yes, I confirmed that much with the service manager when I was picking up the car. He blaimed it on service adviser being new. However, they presented me with a $50 bill . $30 to "check the brakes", after I said that they felt "spungy" and $20 to fix the slow tire leak (because it is part of a tire and thus not covered).

After I showed them TSB stating that leaky low pressure sensor should be covered, they dropped the price to $30, saying that brakes are "fine".

The worst part was that they didn't find a leak in the cargo area, that is despite that the trunk is full of water. So they didn't do anything about that ether. Basically, it was a wasted trip...
GRNDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #17
jeepmountain
AF Newbie

GRNDSM: Just in case you are not aware, there is a TSB (#05049) about water leaking into the cargo area. Tell the dealer you did not want the hot tub option :-)
jeepmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #18
GRNDSM
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Quest SL - Please Ease My Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmountain
GRNDSM: Just in case you are not aware, there is a TSB (#05049) about water leaking into the cargo area. Tell the dealer you did not want the hot tub option :-)
Thanks for the heads up, but I did one more, I actually brought that TSB with me. But they said that since they can not determine that there is a leak, they can not try to fix it. They claim to have spent 1.5 hours with thier "rain" set-up and could find a source of the leak.

Of course, they couldn't offer another explanation as how all that water got there . Though I am not sure how they can that small amounts of water is getting in over the water that was already there

I guess I will take back when it dry... I might also try another dealership. Fortunately, I have a few of them around.
GRNDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:05 AM   #19
melissamn
AF Newbie

I have a 04 quest sl model. Have had alot of troubles with SHAKING STEERING... have had rotors replaced, resurfaced over 10 times. have replaced brakes. tires all before 30,000 miles. There has been a similar problem with the Titans, and Amardas. I would wait until Nissan resolves this problem.. It is widespread....
melissamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #20
nissan01
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmountain
Today my wife and I made a deal on a 2004 Quest SL which I am very happy with. It was only $600 more that the deal we made with the Honda dealer on the 2004 Odyssey EX which was VERY close to invoice. The Quest drew me in with its interior room, the ride, and the options it has over the Odyssey namely the skyview roof, heated seats, power back hatch, rear sonar, and a few others. I definitely felt this was worth the added $600 over the Osyssey.

Unfortunately, I did not do a lot of research on the Quest beforehand because we were very gung ho on either the Odyssey or the Sienna. We stopped at the Nissan dealer only becuase we were in the neighborhood. We definitely did not expect to buy a car. Funny how things happen that way.

Anyway, after getting home I did a lot of in depth research, including a lot of very informative posts within this forum, and I find that Quest owners, particularly with the 2004 model, seem to be unhappy with their purchase at times. This has made me a little paranoid and wondering if I may have made a mistake. Can someone please ease my mind at let me know if I should stay with the deal or forfeit my deposit (Only $100) and run? I found it funny that the salesperson used the 5 year/60K Mile Bumper to Bumper warranty to "seal the deal". He never told me that it was originally the standard 3/36 warranty and Nissan extended it for a reason.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
all i can tell you is nissan quest is suck, i had quest 2000 for 1 year i have problem,then i change to 2001, i still have a problem, no more nissan quest for me, your best choice either honda or toyota, quest they used intermix parts with ford, villager, therefore it is ford's minivan
nissan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #21
dtownfb
AF Regular

Before you bash the Quest, you should educate yourself. The 2004 & 2005 Quests are completely different vehicles from your 2000. It is exclusively Nissan and shares no parts with Ford or Mercury. So your experience does not translate to the OP Quest.
dtownfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #22
bigd1180
AF Newbie

Did anyone with this shaking problem try a different brand of tire? I have this shake on my 04 but it is only intermittant and not when i am on the brakes. I have the original 235 65 16 goodyears on there. I have never had any luck with goodyears on any of my trucks and suvs. The tires the quest call for are only made by goodyear so I am going with cooper touring sle 235 60 16 as these tires are only a little bigger and a whole lot cheaper. I have heard some good things about cooper tires so i will give them a try. I believe these shake probs are due to the factory goodyears that come on these vehicles. If anyone tried this let me know how it worked.
bigd1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #23
dtownfb
AF Regular

Other owners on different forums have changed their tires from the OEM size. The OEM Goodyears are fine for the first 10,000 miles but degreade fast. i have 35k on mine and they need to be replaced. Luckiliy we have had a mild winter.

I talked to my Nissan dealership and they cannot recommend anythign other than the original size (which makes sense) but he did encourage me to talk a tire shop. If you decide to change size, you have to be careful which size you choose. Without too much differnce in ride, you cna go to 235/60-16. A little lower profile but there are a few choices. Avoid 215/70-16. the tire shop said it would fail inspection since it is narrower than the OEM tire plus it would make the van handle differently.

I'm looking at the Yokohama Avid TRZ and a Continental tire. I'd be interested in hearing how the Coopers do for you.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #24
bigd1180
AF Newbie

i put on the cooper touring sle and what a difference. No more goodforayear tires for me. 90 bucks a tire installed cant beat that no more shake but i did have a alighnment done and it was out a bit.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #25
dtownfb
AF Regular

bigd1180: WAs there any concern by the installer that you dropped the speed rating from H to T?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #26
bigd1180
AF Newbie

No because i dont plan to have a mini van over 120 mile per hour anyway!!! That is what the cooper tires are rated for and i dont believe my wife goes much over 75 with it so I believe i am safe I didnt want to get to sporty of a tire because as you get into some of the better tires they are made of a softer rubber and the wear increases on them. It is a joke that you see more and more of new cars and even trucks coming out with tires that only 1 company makes. It makes me believe that the big rubber companys are trying to crush there compitition this way because so many people dont even look around to see if they could put other tires on. Goodyears are overpriced and a junk in my opinion!! But with that said I never owned a cooper tire so only time will tell on these.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 AM   #27
dtownfb
AF Regular

Thanks bigd1180. I see a lot of cooper Lifeliners on the different minivans around my area. I think you should be fine with them.

It's funny that you mention abou the choose of tires by the car manaufacturers since Consumer Reports had an article in their automobile issue about how more manufactures are choosing "sportier" tires for vehicles and how the consumer has sticker shock when they need to replace them. You are correct in that it's not just Nissan that is doing this. MOre and more cars each year are coming out with tires made only by a specific manufacturer. But we do still have the option of changing sizes.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #28
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: 04 Warranty

OK Everyone!! ALL 04 Quest now have 5 year 60k mile warrenty BUMPER TO BUMPER.. As Far as all the complants i have heard.. It sounds more like Dealer issues than car issues.. Cars are not perfect , If your dealer can't fix it right , then take to another dealer. Cars can be fixed. If your unhappy with the service then don't go back. Take your Vech somewhere where you can be more confortable.
FixUrNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #29
bigd1180
AF Newbie

When did this take place (5 yr) The original owner purchased the gold + warr. for 6 yrs or 100000 miles I just paid 35 dollars to have that transfered. Will they just extend the covarage longer? Probably not!!! Did that 5 yr bumper to bumper just take place? I called nissan when I was transfering this and I also asked about the recalls and service Bullit. (my running board lights didnt work) They told me that nissan does not have a bumper to bumper warr. I fixed the boards myself with the kit I purchased at the dealer. I will give them a call tommorow regarding this 5yr bumper to bumper though!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #30
hopingquest
AF Newbie

Re: 04 Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxloverca
To let you know, Nissan extended the warranty on ALL 04 Quests to 5 years/60,000 miles. The warranty booklet will still show the warranty as 3 years/36,000 miles. All 04 Quest owners should have received a letter explaining this but if not don't worry as long as you purchased an 04 the dealerships will know you have 5 year/60k.
Is this only in the U.S.. I'm a potential quest buyer, my wife is driving an 95 jeep cherokee sport and i'm driving an 02 sentra, we have a 2 years old daughter and looking to trade the jeep for a minivan.
hopingquest is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena