Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: which is better
syline 40 44.94%
ferrari 49 55.06%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #121
krstn6672
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to krstn6672
Thumbs up To all Skyline Enthusiasts

If you love skylines--hats off to you for they are the most beautiful car on the face of earth. The design of the car, the sound of the engine starting, and the gorgeous INTERCOOLER --who couldnt love it??? The R-34 will one day be sitting in my garage-blue, with a HUGE Blitz intercooler on it!

As to the Ferrari people--if you have the money to spend on one of these sports luxury cars--high five, but if you are going to waste your money on a car that requires maintenence every 10,000 miles, not just basic things, but internals lots of them too---I just dont see the point!

GET A SKYLINE!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:29 PM   #122
Soul~Sagaz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Soul~Sagaz Send a message via Yahoo to Soul~Sagaz
I agree the SkyLine would be the betta choice cause performance and the money situation holla:bandit: 1
Old 10-25-2002, 12:13 AM   #123
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Wes Moran
U most be refering to the one in Super Street . Yea I do like that
but I much rather have it with the 1015 hp engine in it.
you make it sound like the GT-R's can never break the 1000hp mark. they've been breakin the 1000 mark since 93. this is before the supra mark IV even came out. plus the GT-R engine rev's alot smoother, it has a 8000 redline stock, and it has 6 individual throttle bodies. all of the sudden, the 2jz's 6500 redline, and single throttle body don't seem all that fancy anymore huh?

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 11-01-2002, 11:45 PM   #124
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
how could you not say the ferrari? i like skylines, but cmon, the 360 is sex on wheels
Old 11-02-2002, 10:04 AM   #125
crayzayjay
CFA

Im just as shocked as you. Appalled even. The fact the voting is quite close is an insult to Ferrari... Nissan, pah!
Old 11-02-2002, 12:04 PM   #126
TatII
AF Fanatic

its all a matter of taste. sure the 360 looks sleek as hell but i preferr that brutal look of a GT-R anyday. when you see a ferrari on your tail, your like "oh shit its a ferrari, those things are expensive and fast" now when you have a GT-R on your ass you'll be like "holy shit its a GT-R!! that shit looks like its goin to eat me up!!" i think gettin eatten up is more intimidating then expensive looking fast car"

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 11-03-2002, 09:07 AM   #127
crayzayjay
CFA

I'd be more worried about the Ferrari "eating me up" than the GTR. A 360 is sleek and expensive, but its not just "fast", its a f*ckin rocket :flash:
Old 11-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #128
TatII
AF Fanatic

well in my opinion. the GT-R looks like alot more intimidating then a ferrari. the ferrari is too clean. the GT-R looks like a japan muscle car with its brutal front end, and its flared fenders.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 11-06-2002, 09:52 AM   #129
crayzayjay
CFA

For sure it looks a lot beefier than the Ferrari, but i think it comes across as too cartoony. Personally, the Ferrari looks leaner i.e faster (which it is )
Old 11-06-2002, 12:54 PM   #130
del
móddə rąytər

i agree, the skyline has a meaner look to it where the ferrari has a sleeker more sweeping look. don't get me wrong, the ferrari looks faster standing still than my car at top speed but it's just damn sexy. and if you got the money for a ferrari, you got the money to maintain the car every 10,000 miles you would think. i think much of the appeal of the skyline is that it's much more rarer in the states than the ferrari, which itself is pretty rare. but side to side i'd take the ferrari. the skyline is undoubtly the car of choice among the tuners such as ourselves, but if you got the money to spend, i'd get the ferrari and leave it as is and be happy.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:08 AM   #131
crayzayjay
CFA

Nice post

I had no idea Skkylines are rarer in the States than 360's! Unbelievable
Old 12-14-2002, 11:46 AM   #132
VS2NUR
AF Newbie

I like the Menacing look of the Skylines - I love this car

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t76834.html
Old 12-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #133
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

I think opinions are also location related. What I mean is if you had GTR's running around all over the place where you live it becomes more the car of choice. It is well known of what you can and can't achieve in it.

The same with the States where the Vette, Viper, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc rule the roost. They are also highly aclaimed as you would know more about them and also more accessable (if you can afford it).

You are also used to looking at a particular shape or body style and become acustom to it. Next would be performance that you know well, then price.

As an example here in New Zealand you can purchase an R32 GTR for around the $27,000 NZD or $13,500 USD price tag. Where as a 1972 Corvette will set you back nearly double that. Given the fact that in close to stock trim there is no comparison as the GTR would eat it alive. Years of advancement in technology.
To further that the R33 GTR is around the $42,000 UZD mark. And an R34 GTR is still around the $100,000 NZD mark. Now take a 360 Modena that is second hand and it would still be well over 5 times that price tag.

All out performance having everything to do with it though it is apples to oranges, but still fun to talk about.

Lets face it and i know many of my mates who own skylines and GTR's would flame the hell out of me, but the GTR is NOT the overall best in the world no matter how much we would like to think it is. While it has many great features and at least of us in New Zealand an affordable super car there is no comparison to a Porsche GT3 or GT1, but who can really afford one of those besides the upper 1% of the population?

I love my goddy. I drive it everyday. I goes quite well in it's current very very mild state of tune. So as for me I would be a bit impartial
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 12-16-2002, 12:15 AM   #134
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorgtst
I think opinions are also location related. What I mean is if you had GTR's running around all over the place where you live it becomes more the car of choice. It is well known of what you can and can't achieve in it.

The same with the States where the Vette, Viper, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc rule the roost. They are also highly aclaimed as you would know more about them and also more accessable (if you can afford it).

You are also used to looking at a particular shape or body style and become acustom to it. Next would be performance that you know well, then price.

As an example here in New Zealand you can purchase an R32 GTR for around the $27,000 NZD or $13,500 USD price tag. Where as a 1972 Corvette will set you back nearly double that. Given the fact that in close to stock trim there is no comparison as the GTR would eat it alive. Years of advancement in technology.
To further that the R33 GTR is around the $42,000 UZD mark. And an R34 GTR is still around the $100,000 NZD mark. Now take a 360 Modena that is second hand and it would still be well over 5 times that price tag.

All out performance having everything to do with it though it is apples to oranges, but still fun to talk about.

Lets face it and i know many of my mates who own skylines and GTR's would flame the hell out of me, but the GTR is NOT the overall best in the world no matter how much we would like to think it is. While it has many great features and at least of us in New Zealand an affordable super car there is no comparison to a Porsche GT3 or GT1, but who can really afford one of those besides the upper 1% of the population?

I love my goddy. I drive it everyday. I goes quite well in it's current very very mild state of tune. So as for me I would be a bit impartial

Very true- ad also what I base most of my theories on.......However I wouldn't buy a Skyline simply because I can't make a "connection" woth it

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 12-16-2002, 03:29 AM   #135
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Jimmy that is so true about many people. It is hard to appreciate someting totally until you have actually driven a particular car.

I have never driven a Ferrari of any model, though I have owned a Vette, driven a Viper RT/10, and been in a porsche 911 twin turbo.

The Godzillia as it is so affectionately known is totally different. You can chuck it into a corner extremely hard, mash your foot down and it pulls you right out. Of course that also depends on the state of tune. Do that with one over 650hp and you best been one hell of a driver.

In a mild state of tune even the most clumsy driver and peddle one of these things.

I have said this in the past but they are actually boring at times. Very predictable. While there is a nice bit of grunt on tap until you upgrade the turbos they do not have explosive power like everyone thinks. The small T28 ceramic turbos come on early at around 3200 rpm and pull nicely to 7,000 but run out of puff there, even though it will moderatly pull to the factory rev cut at 8,200 rpm.

I am going to have to talk to the guy up the road from where I work. He owns a Euro body shop. He also owns a Testarrosa. I would love a ride in that one
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them