Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: which is better
syline 40 44.94%
ferrari 49 55.06%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 05:44 PM   #106
crayzayjay
CFA

OK numbers do mean something. Its obvious. You can get some information from them, sure you can. But what? How fast the car goes in a straight line? If thats what cars are about why do they have steering wheels? OK numbers are the easiest things to post but if we wanted to compare cars just like that things would get pretty boring... if you have any additional information that you know of the car then you should say it.

Quote:
I'm sure the car's you've ridden in performed somewere around were the numbers said they would.
no no no... what was pleasing about these cars' performance wasnt straight line speed, but entertaining handling, great balance, good steering etc etc... numbers had nothing to do with it... unless you're going to take each car around a specific track and put its time with its acceleration and top speed figures... i guess the Old Nurburgring is the closest we have to that, but lap times are hardly going to be used to advertise a car.

i hope you see what im trying to get at

cheers,
jay
Old 04-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #107
USA Racer
AF Enthusiast

Cool

Sheesh. Are you guys still on this??? Still can't see how anybody would take the GT-R over the Modena.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:17 PM   #108
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay
OK numbers do mean something. Its obvious. You can get some information from them, sure you can. But what? How fast the car goes in a straight line? If thats what cars are about why do they have steering wheels? OK numbers are the easiest things to post but if we wanted to compare cars just like that things would get pretty boring... if you have any additional information that you know of the car then you should say it.

no no no... what was pleasing about these cars' performance wasnt straight line speed, but entertaining handling, great balance, good steering etc etc... numbers had nothing to do with it... unless you're going to take each car around a specific track and put its time with its acceleration and top speed figures... i guess the Old Nurburgring is the closest we have to that, but lap times are hardly going to be used to advertise a car.

i hope you see what im trying to get at

cheers,
jay
I completely understand what your getting at, all the numbers I could find were just accel and 1/4 mile accept for the boxter It would have been better if I could have found some skidpad and slolom results, but I'm bad at finding these sorts of things
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 05-01-2002, 12:20 PM   #109
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by USA Racer
Sheesh. Are you guys still on this??? Still can't see how anybody would take the GT-R over the Modena.
If it were a choice of some one giving me one of um... Ferrari please

But if I'm buying it, or if I'm betting on which would win in a track race, GTR all the way.

Like I said before it all boils down to personal preference, and I'm just a Skyline lover.

Quote:
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Old 05-02-2002, 01:39 AM   #110
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
dude the 360 has a glass roof on the engine bay.. for the love of god if that isn't cool enough then ... well nothnig is ..
Old 05-02-2002, 01:37 PM   #111
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by THE4TH
dude the 360 has a glass roof on the engine bay.. for the love of god if that isn't cool enough then ... well nothnig is ..
How about being able to sidestep the clutch at redline, and your rear wheels only spinning two revolutions before torque is split to the front and traction grabs?

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 05-06-2002, 04:14 PM   #112
TatII
AF Fanatic

or how about playin with that really cool computer on the dash of the R34 swwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttt~

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 05-06-2002, 07:03 PM   #113
crayzayjay
CFA

throw in as many computers as you like, but it will still be a nissan. the other guy, on the other hand, will be driving a ferrari. i know which i would choose
Old 05-07-2002, 06:37 AM   #114
lloyd_nickens
AF Enthusiast

Man this was a long post. I must say alothough I would love to drive a Ferrari (it a friggin Ferrari) I would rather own a Skyline. Why? Cause in the end I still want to be able to dirve my car inconspicuously. If you look at the R33 it doesn't look like anything special. That is, it doesn't look like a car worth stealing, scratching etc etc to all the wrong people. To all the right people (those that know what it is) it is revered and would never be mistreated (same for the 360, hopefully). With a Ferrari you don't get that. Park it in the wrong place and boom its gone. Anger the wrong girl and boom you need a new paint job (I assume it would cost more to paint a Ferrari than a Sky). If the car get love tapped (ie hit) it will cost you an arm and a leg to get it fixed (then you insurance goes up as it it wasan't high enough already).

Like I said in the beginning I would give my right arm to drive a Ferrari 360 but would rather own a Skyline (I want 1 R32's 3 R33's and 2 R34's).

IMHO

"If You Can Breathe, Turn The Music Up."
Old 05-07-2002, 11:19 AM   #115
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
But look at it this way. If you are rich enough to own ANY Ferrari, getting a dent out, painting a quarter panel, and insurance are a drop in the bucket. However, theft is all together another story.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:29 PM   #116
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
But look at it this way. If you are rich enough to own ANY Ferrari, getting a dent out, painting a quarter panel, and insurance are a drop in the bucket. However, theft is all together another story.
Quite true, quite true. I've thought of that on a few occasions before.

I donno, I think this thread has become a dead horse that we are kicking the shit out of IMHO

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 06-18-2002, 08:02 PM   #117
Wes Moran
AF Regular

I much rather have a Skyline.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:05 PM   #118
Wes Moran
AF Regular

New Question.

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo or 360 Modena?

I know I much rather have the capabilty of getting in the 600 - 1000hp
range with the Supra.

Also peep this link of a 1015 hp Supra.

http://www.suprastore.com/guil19hkspre.html
Old 06-18-2002, 11:20 PM   #119
TatII
AF Fanatic

thats definitly a nice supra. but how bout this for thought? how about a the top secret supra that has the skyline engine? now that is something to drool over.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 06-19-2002, 11:21 AM   #120
Wes Moran
AF Regular

U most be refering to the one in Super Street . Yea I do like that
but I much rather have it with the 1015 hp engine in it.