Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Ion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 12:42 AM   #1
Big Red 1
AF Newbie

Charging

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion 2.2 ecotex. Having charging problems. Had the alternator check 5 times, an checked out good. Hate to pull it off again,, for it is not easy. What else could it be. I also checked the fuse.
Big Red 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Charging

Have you fully charged the battery and had it load tested ?
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Big Red 1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaP View Post
Have you fully charged the battery and had it load tested ?
Its a brand new battery, still should I have it load tested in case its a bad one
Big Red 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

They can check the alternator with it on the car. Bench testing isn't always 100% accurate.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:23 PM   #5
MikeCStig
AF Regular

I second what stealthee said. There are better ways to test electrical components than bench testing.
The other thing to consider is that this is not an unusual problem in a Saturn. I've seen many people buy a Saturn and kick themselves. Electrical problems are practically Saturn's signature dish, that and cheap plastics panels that crack and chip easily. There are plenty of reasons Saturn doesn't exist anymore. My suggestion would be to sort this issue out, and look into selling that car and getting something that isn't such a notorious basket case.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #6
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Gee. Hmmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCStig View Post
The other thing to consider is that this is not an unusual problem in a Saturn. I've seen many people buy a Saturn and kick themselves. Electrical problems are practically Saturn's signature dish, that and cheap plastics panels that crack and chip easily. There are plenty of reasons Saturn doesn't exist anymore.
So Mike, how do these words of your opinion help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCStig View Post
My suggestion would be to sort this issue out, and look into selling that car and getting something that isn't such a notorious basket case.
Mike, people are not usually coming to this site to sell their car. They are looking to sort their issues out. One thing to consider would be is what you are suggesting really helping? In this case, there was no help whatsoever. That's my opinion.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvons View Post
Gee. Hmmmm...
So Mike, how do these words of your opinion help?
Mike, people are not usually coming to this site to sell their car. They are looking to sort their issues out. One thing to consider would be is what you are suggesting really helping? In this case, there was no help whatsoever. That's my opinion.
Not really an opinion, it's more of observation. Whatever the problem is here, it will be fixed, then shortly after something else will go wrong, then that will be fixed, then something else will go wrong, and so on, and so on until eventually it winds up costing the owner a small fortune.
I'm well aware that sorting out issues is the whole purpose of forums like this. So here's the issue : Saturns are cheap flimsy garbage, and big red is unfortunate enough to have one that's starting to act up.
The best long term Solution: Ditch the Saturn and find something more reliable.

I'm not one to mince words or sugar coat anything. The truth sucks sometimes, but that doesn't make it less necessary to tell. If you don't like it, guess what... I don't care!
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > Ion