Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
scexit
AF Newbie

'02 paint job--worth fixing?

thanks for looking @ my thread. i have an 02 cavelier and she's been a great car. most issues have been fairly minor (windows, sunroof, cd player). she's going on 141k miles and the clear coat is majorly going. i know she isn't worth much, but i've been pondering the following:
- new paint job (1k if i don't do it)
- leave paint as is
i think i'm settling on the no paint job. thoughts?
so my next question concerns future problems that i should look out for and how much $$ it's going to cost me.
i checked out other threads on the site--saw mention of struts and plastics cracking (already happened).
any help is appreciated!
scexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Shelby<3'scavvy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Shelby<3'scavvy Send a message via MSN to Shelby<3'scavvy Send a message via Yahoo to Shelby<3'scavvy
Re: '02 paint job--worth fixing?

depends on what its worth to you, and who does the paint, and how much they will charge you, and how good of a job they do. its still a cavalier idk i probably wouldnt unless i was planning to do other mods to it.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:01 AM   #3
ChevyGirl1982
AF Newbie

Re: '02 paint job--worth fixing?

Well like the above said it depends on what she's worth to you. Now I have two Cavaliers, a 2002 that has 325+ Kms on it, the paint is in less than acceptable condition to me however being that she's got a gazillion Kms I usually just give her a light touch up each Summer, yours however hardly has the engine broken in and you could easily get away with having a nice repaint done professionally and still have the car in the years to come. My 1993 only has 58000 Kms on her and her paint job is original and in fantastic condition, I'd give her an 8/10 easily (due to two small repairable rust spots in the back wheel wells), anyways I'm having her professionally repainted in a month or so, just because I don't care for the color white. People keep telling me not to do it because of the current condition but whatever it's not like it's a selfie job. Good luck in whatever you decide!
ChevyGirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance