Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Who makes the most luxurious cars?
Bentley and Rolls Royce 17 70.83%
Other: please post below 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 09:34 PM   #1
fahoumh
AF Newbie

Edit by jay@af: Split from this thread.

For the record: NOTHING competes with Bentley and Rolls Royce
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-05-2001, 10:04 PM   #2
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fahoumh
BMW has a X5 4.6i....it's a lot more expensive than the 4.4i

and for the record: NOTHING competes with Bentley and Rolls Royce
the S600 comes damn close..... and the maybach soon will
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-06-2001, 12:32 PM   #3
fahoumh
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

the S600 comes damn close..... and the maybach soon will
Do you have any idea how much Bentley's and Rolls cost? The cheapest Bentley is $310,000 and the cheapest Rolls is $335,000! Granted the S600 and the SL600 are both nice cars, but they don't even come close in luxury, comfort, amenities and not to mention price.....about $170,000 each. I saw an old 1989 Rolls Royce conv. two years ago at a dealership and I think it's a LOT nicer than any of the Benz's I've seen on the road....and before you say "well, you haven't seen an S600", I HAVE. I saw one at the same dealership in April....and an S55 AMG in July.
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 01:49 PM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

if you were ever inside an S600 you'd know that there is about as much luxury as a Rolls or Bentley. Rolls & Bentley are just more exclusive and they cost more. Tell me some things that a Rolls has that an S600 doesn't.............. you know just because a car costs more, it doesn't mean it's better
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 10-06-2001, 02:55 PM   #5
fahoumh
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
if you were ever inside an S600 you'd know that there is about as much luxury as a Rolls or Bentley.
are you calling me a liar?
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 03:01 PM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

no.... just tell me a couple things that a rolls has, that an S600 doesn't
Old 10-06-2001, 03:11 PM   #7
fahoumh
AF Newbie

acres of wood laid in by hand, the best leather available to the automotive market in 23 colour choices, the prestige of owning a Bentley or Rolls, remote control for the rear passengers to control audio system....the list goes on
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
remote control for the rear passengers to control audio system....the list goes on
shitty minivans have that too... are they better than an S600?

I was just comparing the Rolls-Royce silver Seraph ( $214,500 ) to the Mercedes-Benz S600 ( $115,000 ) I don't know where you came up with $335,000. There's a 100k difference, the Mercedes has more luxury features and more power.
Does Rolls-Royce have a keyless go system? Where you don't use a key, you can just touch the door handle and it unlocks? and you start the car that way too

i think the only thing Rolls-Royce has is that it's more exclusive.... if i had the money I'd buy one over an S600, but i'm not gunna lie and say that it's better than the S600
Old 10-06-2001, 04:06 PM   #9
fahoumh
AF Newbie

hey, little boy.....those are AMERICAN PRICES

the Bentley Azure is $334,000 US!
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 04:13 PM   #10
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
hey, little boy.....those are AMERICAN PRICES

the Bentley Azure is $334,000 US!
what's your point? and a Bentley Arnage (Green Label) is $198,400.... what does that have to do with anything?

compare the S600 to a Rolls Silver Seraph or a Bentley Arnage.... the S600 has more features

and why are you callin me little boy, it's not like you know more than me.... what other prices do you want me to give you? Australian, UK?
Old 10-06-2001, 04:19 PM   #11
moe182
AF Enthusiast

ok, my dad HAS a 2000 S500 and though i LOVE that car, im telling you right now when it comes to pure lux the benz just doesnt come close. My biggest beef with the new generation S is the plastic dash...which you would NOT find in Bent or Rolls....the last generation S would have a better chance in this comparison, because Mercedes designed it almost entirly towards lux whereas now benz is moving more towards sport-lux and it reflects it both within the interior/exterior styling and the more importantly the ride. If your comparing the two for pure lux, the benz has NO chance.... Its like comparing the SL500 to a Ferarri for which one is a sportier car. Its just no contest.......
Old 10-06-2001, 04:20 PM   #12
fahoumh
AF Newbie

NEWSFLASH: you live in CANADA
Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 04:52 PM   #13
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182
ok, my dad HAS a 2000 S500 and though i LOVE that car, im telling you right now when it comes to pure lux the benz just doesnt come close. My biggest beef with the new generation S is the plastic dash...which you would NOT find in Bent or Rolls....the last generation S would have a better chance in this comparison, because Mercedes designed it almost entirly towards lux whereas now benz is moving more towards sport-lux and it reflects it both within the interior/exterior styling and the more importantly the ride. If your comparing the two for pure lux, the benz has NO chance.... Its like comparing the SL500 to a Ferarri for which one is a sportier car. Its just no contest.......
Have you ever been in an S600? The S500 doesn't compare to an S600. The S600 was meant to be super luxury, near Rolls-Royce luxury

and fahoumh

NEWSFLASH: you haven't given any information that would prove a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph is much better than an S600

i give U.S. prices because most people on here are U.S. and most people use U.S. prices in comparisons

The S600 has in car internet access... does the Silver Seraph?
Old 10-06-2001, 05:10 PM   #14
fahoumh
AF Newbie

Full OEM Underbody Kit
Old 10-06-2001, 05:18 PM   #15
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
http://www.rollsroycemotorcars.co.uk...yce/index.html

http://www.bentleymotors.co.uk/bentley/index.htm

Bentley and Rolls are the epitomy of luxury. Period.
okay that's great, so there are no features that the Silver Seraph has that the S600 doesn't.... The S600 is as good if not better than the Silver Seraph. Period.
The only major difference is price.... Ofcourse I'd rather have the rolls, but like i said, i'm not gunna lie and say it's better

S600 0-60mph: 5.4s Silver Seraph 0-60mph: 7.0s

Here's 1 of many features that are better on an S600: The Silver Seraph has Dual Zone climate control. The S600 has Quad Zone climate control. So every seat in the car car can be at whatever temperature the person likes

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons