Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
360spider
AF Moderator

AFMOTY 2019: Official Rules and Entry Information

AFMOTY 2019: Official Rules and Entry Information

Welcome to AFMOTY (AF Model Of The Year) 2019 Edition!

Last year the contest introduced a couple of changes to the traditional format, so please read below to take full advantage of the changes.

Here are few simple rules that everyone must follow in order to participate in AFMOTY.

Builders are to submit 1 (one) image for maximum of 2 (two) of their best finished road car, race car, truck, or a bike models from 2019, and members will vote for their favorite.

Like last year, this year we are allowing 2 entries per member! But….it has to be models of different variety – a road car and a race car (rally, F1, etc – competition vehicle - can’t be both road or both race cars), or a car and a bike, or a road bike and a race bike.

AFMOTY 2019 is open to:

* AF members who have joined AF BEFORE the 1st of December 2019 only.
* Open to model cars, trucks, and bikes only (no armor or airplanes, etc), in any scale.
* Entries must be completed in 2019 calendar year, between the dates of 1/1/2019 and 12/31/2019 by AF members registered before 1st December 2019. Models don’t have to be STARTED in 2019. Models started before 2019, but FINISHED in 2019 are allowed.
* Deadline for entries is 15th of January 2020, 12PM Central Time.
* Maximum of TWO models may be entered per person. (though, you can enter just one)
* The Judges decisions will be FINAL.

Format will be the similar to all AFMOTY contests of the past. Builder's usernames will be displayed with their entry image. This is done in order to make MOTY more of a model contest, rather than model photo contest. If voters want to check out any of the entries more closely, they could look for WIP threads based on member’s user name. If voters want to cast their votes based just on the image posted, they could do that too. Gives a bit more flexibility to the voters and objectivity to the contest.

All entry images will have an entry number, builder’s username, and a model description (e.g. 31. 360spider, 1/24 Lamborghini Jota). There will be no links to the WIP threads posted in the entry thread.

HOW TO ENTER

Send a PM to me (360spider) entitled: 2019 MOTY (Your username)

Example: 2019 MOTY gionc (yes Gio, you need to participate).

Include: ONE image of each of your models. Composite images (images that have smaller images embedded on the main picture) are allowed. Image must be NO LARGER than 1920 x 1080 pixels. The image must be hosted with a large, reputable image hosting service such as Google or Flickr. No images hosted on personal websites or other small/obscure/unknown hosting services, please. This is for reliability issues only. Make sure the picture is hosted in your shared folder, so other could see it.

Include: A short title/scale/description of the subject of your build. (no more than 1-2 lines long)

IMPORTANT! Include: A link to the thread for your build in either Completed or In Progress sections. Only entries that have In Progress or Finished threads on AF will be accepted.

Entries that do not follow this format will not be accepted.

I will PM you confirming your entry. If you don’t get my confirmation 3 days after your entry submission, please check with me. There will be no more entries once official Entry thread is posted.

Finally, there will be no ongoing updates as to who is in the lead, etc. All voting will be kept anonymous, and winner will be announced after voting is over and all votes are counted. Me and my team will be pestering you about voting and stuff though on a continuous basis.

HOW TO VOTE

* Voting will start on or about January 16th, 2020 when the Official AFMOTY 2019 Entries thread is posted, and will run for 10 days. The end of voting will be announced in THIS thread.
* Each vote must be identified by entry number and description.
* To vote, simply send a PM to judges (to be announced later here) with your vote. Include all usernames in the recipient window of your PM.
* In the title window of your voting PM, place MOTY votes: (your username) ex- MOTY votes: gionc
* Votes not received by all judges will not be counted. Once again, make sure your voted goes to ALL judges* You must allocate a total of 12 points to THREE (3) MODELS.

1st place = 6 pts

2nd place = 4 pts

3rd place =2 pts

You can also cast an “M”-vote (for MOTY) to any model that you feel deserves recognition, but not as good as the models you have selected as your top 3. The model that garners most “M”-votes, will be designated AFMOTY “People’s Choice”.

* Identify the builds you wish to apply your votes to by their entry number and description
* NO OTHER VOTING METHODS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
* Only AF members that joined BEFORE 1st December 2019 may vote. This is intended to avoid the possibility of people logging on with different names to vote again. If a vote is suspect, it will be investigated and if necessary deleted along with any involved entries.
* You CAN NOT vote for your own model.
* The judges decision will be FINAL.
* In the event of a tie, the model that received the most 6pt votes will be declared the winner. If still a tie - then the most 4pt votes.

Good luck, have fun, and let's see your best from 2019!!

Last edited by 360spider; 12-29-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #2
malscar
AF Enthusiast

Re: AFMOTY 2019: Official Rules and Entry Information

Lots of information however I think you may have meant that the build was from 2019. Third line after your welcome title
Old 12-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
360spider
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malscar View Post
Lots of information however I think you may have meant that the build was from 2019. Third line after your welcome title
Absolutely correct! Fixed - thanks!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
TvD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360spider View Post
The image must be hosted with a large, reputable image hosting service such as Google or Flickr. No images hosted on personal websites or other small/obscure/unknown hosting services, please. This is for reliability issues only. Make sure the picture is hosted in your shared folder, so other could see it.
Would a large modelling site like scalemates.com be good enough for pictures as well? It does have quite a big hosting site behind it I know (akamai) ;-)
Old 12-31-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
360spider
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TvD View Post
Would a large modelling site like scalemates.com be good enough for pictures as well? It does have quite a big hosting site behind it I know (akamai) ;-)
As long as it doesn't fail during the contest its fine. This clause has been put in because in the past, several images would not work correctly, and obviously people wold not get votes because of that.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
360spider
AF Moderator

First entries are pouring in. Dont' be shy!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #7
white97ex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to white97ex Send a message via Yahoo to white97ex

I have GOT to be more active here. I never posted a thread for my pro-stock build

I'd rather be hated for Who I Am than be loved for Who I Am Not
Old 01-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #8
360spider
AF Moderator

10 days left to enter.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #9
360spider
AF Moderator

3 days left to enter.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:36 PM   #10