Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
Frank Mathias
AF Newbie

Re: Does anybody like the Caliber?

Bought a used 2007 after comparing with other makers. Love its looks. Comfortable to drive. Little bit cramped but ok. Wished it had more bells and whistles. Worst thing... road noise (Maybe I'll get softer tires next time). Best things... Style and about 32 mpg!
Frank Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #17
scoobytuff
AF Regular

I put some new tires on mine at about 18,000 miles. The old ones were worn out bad, and were rotated properly. My car is so much quieter now.
scoobytuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #18
strawberi10
AF Newbie

I have had mine for 3 years and all I can say is its a money pitt on wheels. I have replaced the entire suspension front and back and now the transmission needs replaced, not to mention little things like the door springs, rear wiper motor, and gas cap. I loved mine also for the first couple of years and in the last year everything is falling apart quickly. I would never buy another. Wait until you have had it longer you may change your opinion, I did.
strawberi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #19
Blazr2
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Blazr2

I had one as a company vehilce the first year they came out 07 I think. Well any how I ran up 100K on it in just 2 years. I had the RT model that has a much better engine then the base model. It had the autostick so you could also manualy shift it which made it accelerate allot better. It wore tires uneven and the Firestone Firehawks arent cheap! The car had quite a bit of road noise but handled very well with the RT suspension package. The Transmision went at 99K. I wouldn't buy another CV transmsion vehilce. I didn't like the way it performed.Over all I liked the Caliber RT its has nice style! (Way better looking the the Jeep Compass) It's twin brother. Seating was comfy and visability was good.
My advice> Buy the RT model and sell it before the drivetrain waranty runs out.
I have a 09 Dodge Journey now with 99K on it and it has been very good!
Blazr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #20
rccrrc
AF Newbie

I previously owned and still own a '98 Dodge Neon RT. Have over 114k miles. I've changed the exhaust to less restrictive one, installed Koni adjustable sturts and replaced the standard PCM with Chryslers Performance PCM for the Neon. All the above inproved the peromance, handling and miles per gallon.

I bought a 2008 Caliber RT expecting about the same or better results then the Neon (the Caliber is the replacement for the Neon) and am disappointed. The Caliber RT's 5-spd manual is notchy to shift, can't adjust the clutch (so I have drive with my right leg in a uncomfortable bend) and it has a chatter since a got the Caliber (which the dealer stated is the way I'm driving). I've owned manual transmissions since my '69 Plymouth and never had these problems. Own accelarating from a stop it hesitates and is really bad if I have the AC on, even at a low fan speed. Some issues with drivers seating area. Seat is comfortable but other things aren't. Milage is not as I expected. Less then the Neon, even before I made the changes to the neon. So, it's okay, I needed the cargo area for work. It's paid for, I do love the SirriusXM (I renewed it at the lifetime rate). I drive cross-country at least twice a year and travel out of local radio range often. Over all, I wouldn't buy another one, and it will be difficult to decide what else I would buy because I am a MOPAR person to the bone and I'm not really pleased with the Chrysler model range to date.
rccrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

I think they are very cool cars and I would not hesitate to buy one. I for one have gotten very good service out of all the Mopars I have owned, in my opinion they are just as good or better than anything else.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #22
95xjsport
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 95xjsport Send a message via Yahoo to 95xjsport

I just bought a used 08 caliber w 47K so far I like the car, not a fan of the cvt but all in all I like it so far
Green 98 Jeep Cherokee SE (totaled Electrical fire)
Red 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport (Gone)
Green 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (for sale)
airdevil85@yahoo.com

"Racing a ricer is just like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded"
95xjsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Not the greatest vehicle but far from the worst, a good combination of value, size and utility. I would be happy with one.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caliber