Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cruze
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
AF News Desk
Your Source For Auto News

Post General Motors Recalls 170,000 2011 Models

Continuing with the recent announcements of recalls by brands such as Honda and Ford, as well as NHTSA investigations, GM announced today a recall of their most popular vehicle - the Chevrolet Cruze - to inspect whether or not components in the steering shaft and automatic transmissions of the vehicle were installed properly.

The recall will reportedly affect a total of 170,000 2011 models over three separate recall cycles.

The story from the Detroit News:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Shepardson, Detroit News Washington Bureau - 5/4/11

General Motors Co. issued three new recalls Wednesday for 2011 models, including calling back 150,000 of its hot-selling Chevrolet Cruze sedans in North America to inspect for proper installation of two components.

GM said it will inspect 154,112 Cruze 2011 models for proper installation of the intermediate steering shaft covers. Of that group, it will also inspect 120,295 Cruzes with an automatic transmission for proper installation of the transmission shift linkage.

Unsold vehicles on dealer lots also will be inspected before they are sold. GM doesn't expect that dealers will need to fix the vast majority of the vehicles being recalled, spokesman Alan Adler said.

Of the 154,000 Cruzes being recalled, 128,911 are in the United States, Adler said.

The recalled Cruze models are built in Lordstown, Ohio, and sold in the United States and Canada.

No crashes or injuries are associated with either issue and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has received no consumer complaints.

"We think very few vehicles in the population have either issue, but we chose to conduct these inspections to give customers additional peace of mind about the quality of the Cruze," said GM vice president of global quality Terry Woychowski. "I conducted a quality inspection of the Lordstown plant this week, and I am confident we have made the necessary process changes so neither of these conditions happens again."

The Cruze is Chevrolet's best-selling model with more than 25,160 U.S. sales in April and more than 75,000 since its launch.

This is the second recall for the new Cruze.

In April, GM recalled 2,100 of its 2011 Chevrolet Cruze sedans in the United States and 400 in Canada after one vehicle in the U.S. had an improperly fastened steering wheel. A video of the incident appeared on the Internet.

Separately, GM announced two other recalls on Wednesday.

— GM said it's calling back 8,723 of its 2011 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans for possible brake fluid leaks.
Of the total, 7,593 of the vans in the United States might be out of compliance with the applicable requirements. No crashes or injuries are associated with this issue.

— GM is also recalling 6,303 of its 2011 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups, including 4,674 in the United States.
A nut on the windshield wiper motor crank arm might not be tightened to specification. A loose nut could make the wipers inoperative, which could reduce driver visibility.

There are no known crashes or injuries.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110504/...#ixzz1LQhyR1p2
--------------------------------------------------------------------

As the recalls keep coming, what do you think this says about our modern-day quality assurance practices? Do you believe these things are just par for the course or should they be weeded out before ever releasing the car?

Email newsdesk@automotiveforums.com or send us a private message with a link to the content you think AF Members should check out!
AF News Desk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
Re: General Motors Recalls 170,000 2011 Models

I think it has to do with unions demanding to much for to little and asking the common taxpayer to buy their retirement.

If I don't produce i get fired, if the union don,t produce then they get more days off. I say let Obama motors fail.

I am not union I have to show up for work so I have no sympathy fo them.
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
LeoTheLion89
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to LeoTheLion89 Send a message via AIM to LeoTheLion89 Send a message via MSN to LeoTheLion89 Send a message via Yahoo to LeoTheLion89 Send a message via Skype™ to LeoTheLion89

For those of you who don't know the Chevrolet Cruze is in reality a Daewoo Lacetti-Premiere. I didn't hear of this recall and the fact that a Daewoo is under a recall for such a thing is sad. It IS amazing that this Daewoo is the most popular. I Rarely see any of them in face i see more Daewoo Kalos' (Chevrolet Aveo/Sonic) and Daewoo Matiz's (Chevrolet Spark) than i see Cruze's
LeoTheLion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
Johnny R
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF News Desk View Post
As the recalls keep coming, what do you think this says about our modern-day quality assurance practices? Do you believe these things are just par for the course or should they be weeded out before ever releasing the car?
Look at my post under Malibu "Not much going on here". Things are improving IMHO
Johnny R is offline   Reply With Quote