Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
CrAzYbEaNeR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CrAzYbEaNeR
Angel Eye Headlights?

I have a 2002 Honda Accord, and im thinking on purchasing a set of Angel Eye Headlights for my car. I wanted to ask if anybody had experience with these type of headlights and if they are better than stock. Also where I can purchase a good set? Thanx!
CrAzYbEaNeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #2
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Angel Eye Headlights?

Alright, I had wanted to purchase those lights for my 99 accord. But after doing alot of research and also many people on this site have told me to stay away. From what I hear , the lighting is shitty. You can't see to far away with these headlights. And I've seen it for myself in the street on other peoples cars. The look is great, but if you trying to get good lighting than that may not be the way you wanna go. Do a search on this site. and search under: Angel eye headlights and Halo projectors. And see what you come up with. You'll see plenty of people saying the same. But even if you still want them you can get them on EBay for a great price.

''There's NO Ideas Original, Its Nothing New under the Sun!''
avpart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
CrAzYbEaNeR
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CrAzYbEaNeR
From my research now, I came to the conclusion. Most people said to go with the TYC projectors. They give out great light and they dont cost as much. And they look awesome! http://www.honduh.com/showthread.php?threadid=3253
Go there and scroll down.
CrAzYbEaNeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:02 AM   #4
m0nee
AF Regular

Angel Eyes... Projectors.... All Them fancy headlights only looks good. Yes it does projects a wide range. I had angel eyes at one point, and was parked on the street outside of my house. I flipped the highbeams on and dayem, I can see the roof of my neighboor's 3 story house. But that's besides the point. Walk further down about 60 to 75 feet directly infront of the vehicle and you won't see sh|T. Point being, they all suck.... you can only see what's really close to you, and thats about it!

As for the new hotter lights out there now are the one piece TYC headlights. Yeah they also look good. I can't really argue with that since now, they also have inproved on the visibility since the angels, and projectors.... However, there is a downside to this. I mean, I think they over-did these lights, because now when you're driving down the road one night, who ever's in front of you can really get annoyed by your lights since the lowbeam is extremely high. I have a few friends with the TYC... Three on a civic, and two on an accord, and they're all the same. I'll telling you guys, they just looks HOT!! But they're all sh|ddy! Three of my 5 friend who has them got stopped, one with a warning, and two with citations! Doesn't that already tell you guys enough?? Just a warning, but as always, feel free to try on a pair.
m0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #5
avpart3
AF Enthusiast

Yeah those look hot right there, If the lighting is good from far away than good. But I haven't heard of Projectors that light the road from far away. I'm in the mist of just getting some all clear JDM headlights for my accord. And I'm gonna change the bulbs to maybe some Sylvania Silverstars. I hear alot of good things bout em. I need good lighting for whenever I leave the city.

''There's NO Ideas Original, Its Nothing New under the Sun!''
avpart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:26 PM   #6
misterlime
AF Newbie

The Sylvania Silverstars are nice and bright (even with stock lenses). About 20 bucks a bulb, but you can get a two pack for 38 something at Advance Auto Parts. Also, if you are gonna run foglights/driving lights, hook it up to a remote on/off switch. Homelink on my 02 accord learned the code and turns them on and off for me, reducing the need for a toggle switch or extra key fob.
misterlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:05 AM   #7
ak_honda
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ak_honda Send a message via AIM to ak_honda
i have some one-piece angeleye headlights on my 97 accord and i live up in alaska where it's dark half the year. mine work better than what the stock ones were doing. i'm actually going to get some piaa bulbs to put in also just to play around a bit but i read up a lot too before i bought them but then thought what the hell if don't like them i'm sure someone else will buy them. you're own choice really. i like them and i can see more. you can see mine at http://members.cardomain.com/ak_honda. i don't have any night pictures though it's been too freakin' cold.
ak_honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #8
nixxoplatinum
AF Newbie

Thumbs up I Got Me A Pair

i got a 2001 honda accord and got the dual halo lights for my car. i mainly got them for the looks because if i knew the lighting was that bad; i would have never got them. Anyways, the low beams use H3 bulbs, (i think that is whats used in fog lights?! WTF!) To make a long story short; i just recently put an HID conversion for the H3s and its a lot better...
nixxoplatinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:27 PM   #9
jsr1200i
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to jsr1200i

i had a set of angel eye headlights. the stock bulbs and cheap bulbs make your visibility suck ass.But once i put in a set of piaa's (low/high bm) it made a real diffrence.I also had to aim them but there were multiple adjusters that actually let you adjust them better than you ever could w/the stock liamps.I'd have to say spend the cash on a good set of bulbs.
jsr1200i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:54 AM   #10
bigbea
AF Newbie

I just bought one piece angel eyes...do the stock lights fit in or do you have to change them?
bigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:26 PM   #11
jsr1200i
AF Newbie

yes w/h3's if you've got progectors(mine were),but they' should have connetcors on the back of the headlights so they'll plug right in.the ray brig's work well also but i had a defective one so only one worked.I tried the nokia's but they sucked.so i found a set of the piaa's and those were the brightest and the closest to the "hid" look i've seen w/out going hid.Make sure you don't touch the bulb itself and make sure they are fit in rightthere is a slot on top and a rounded slot on bottom) and that you don't tweak the fasteners that hold them in place.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:30 PM   #12
dougthegreat
AF Newbie

Just caught this thread, and followed it to the great 150.00 link. I think many of the mods people do are tacky, but these look tight.

How tough is it to put these on?

It may not be much, but it's mine!
dougthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #13
jsr1200i
AF Newbie

well if you've got a shop mnl or one of those haynes mnls it's not so bad but if not and you don't know your way around your car pack a lunch.you'll have to take the front bumper off because monst of the mts fro the stock headlights are behind where the bumper covers.that should take about 1/2 hr to do.Miine i had to take out the plastic batt vent tube infront of the batt behind the headlights because the new set is alittle bigger than the stock set as far as depth goes.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:33 PM   #14
ak_honda
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ak_honda Send a message via AIM to ak_honda
what 150.00 link? anyways it can take some time if you don't know how to get the bumper off and crap. but, if you are gonna appreciate your new lights then i'd go for it. i dont' regret at all changing to projectors and have no problems with mine. i currently have PIAA bulbs for my low beams and my front parking and finally got them aligned better *used moms tsx as a guide* and i can see 100% better than i ever could with the stock lights. not quite like true H.I.D. but it's very nice when driving on a road, such as the highway, where there are no lights anywhere. good luck with your lights!
ak_honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:23 AM   #15
jsr1200i
AF Newbie

isince i totaled my car (it's rebuilt now except for the mtr and bmpr/fndrs)i was going to try an s-15 setup but i didn't like that there was only one proj lamp.So i'm gonna go w/the same setup except for hid bulbs this time.I am looking for a halo corner lamp.I've seen them in mag's before but i' can't find the mag i saw it in so i'm lost.But yes i'd say if you get the right bulbs and adj them to what you like best you'll be happy w/ them
also i'm looking for a motor shop thatcan build a 97'h22a to run 30lbs of boost but be run at 25-27psi reliably.A shop that will actually do the work for a fair price ,not blow it off or half ass it or send it off to somewhere else to be done w/out telling you first,and will get it done right and have some kind orf warranty on their work.holla

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD